I'm scared Trump will be president

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 12:24 PM
RE: I'm scared Trump will be president
(01-03-2016 08:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Nah. We'll get through it. Only four years. If nothing else maybe America will be forced to see how embarrassing we have become. Maybe trump is the key to sparking a true revolution... Consider
George Bush didn't seem to get you guys to realise that. Why do you think Trump will.

America is a circus show, problem is their clown in charge has a big shiny red (nuclear) button in front of him.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2016, 12:29 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 12:46 PM by yakherder.)
(02-03-2016 12:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(01-03-2016 08:03 PM)evenheathen Wrote:  Nah. We'll get through it. Only four years. If nothing else maybe America will be forced to see how embarrassing we have become. Maybe trump is the key to sparking a true revolution... Consider
George Bush didn't seem to get you guys to realise that. Why do you think Trump will.

America is a circus show, problem is their clown in charge has a big shiny red (nuclear) button in front of him.

Fortunately, the president's codes aren't the only ones required. It is not possible for the president to act on his own and start lobbing nukes. Even in a perceived crisis, he would first have to convince a number of people that he's not insane and gain their approval.

It was a similar safeguard that allowed a Russian officer, Vasili Arkhipov, to prevent a nuclear launch during the Cuban Missile Crisis despite the fact that everyone else whose approval was required in order to launch had already given it, thereby basically making him the still virtually unknown savior of the world.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
02-03-2016, 01:11 PM
(01-03-2016 08:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yeah, I think Trump may just end up being Americas rock bottom. At least once you've had Trump for prez the only way to go is up.

We're gonna need one hell of a lot of detox after a rock-bottom that obnoxious.
02-03-2016, 01:11 PM
[Image: vhba7.jpg]

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 8 users Like Chas's post
02-03-2016, 01:21 PM
(02-03-2016 12:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  America is a circus show, problem is their clown in charge has a big shiny red (nuclear) button in front of him.

[Image: upload_2013-10-16_15-12-9-jpeg.10593]
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
02-03-2016, 01:42 PM
Babylonan Empire ruffly 2000 years

Ancient Greece 1000

Rome 500 years.

Current US 240 years.

So if the steady decline is right we have 10 more years. Just long enough for Drumpf to bring us to our knees.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
02-03-2016, 01:45 PM
(02-03-2016 08:57 AM)Dom Wrote:  Trump will either go too far or have a melt down if there continue to be protestors at his rallies.
If he comes to Portland OR I'll be out there protesting. He probably won't show up here, Portland was overwhelmingly for Obama. But I'll fuckin protest that goddamn insane bastard.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
02-03-2016, 01:47 PM
Well I am going to be 70 in a few short weeks, and 11 years ago I had a triple bypass surgery and was told I had a fifty fifty chance of living another five years so don't expect to be on planet earth for a whole lot longer. Not long enuff for Mr Drumph to cut off my social security. But for the younger ones. I seriously expect a Hitler like administration from him. We have to remember that Hitler too was legally elected to begin with, and had crowds swooning whenever he spoke.
02-03-2016, 01:49 PM
(02-03-2016 01:42 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Babylonan Empire ruffly 2000 years

Ancient Greece 1000

Rome 500 years.

Current US 240 years.

So if the steady decline is right we have 10 more years. Just long enough for Drumpf to bring us to our knees.

China.

Your argument is invalid Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
02-03-2016, 01:54 PM
(02-03-2016 01:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 01:42 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Babylonan Empire ruffly 2000 years

Ancient Greece 1000

Rome 500 years.

Current US 240 years.

China.

Your argument is invalid Tongue

Maybe China will take over and save us all.

'Murican Canadian