• 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 01:55 PM
RE: I'm scared Trump will be president
(02-03-2016 01:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 01:42 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Babylonan Empire ruffly 2000 years

Ancient Greece 1000

Rome 500 years.

Current US 240 years.

So if the steady decline is right we have 10 more years. Just long enough for Drumpf to bring us to our knees.

China.

Your argument is invalid Tongue

Yabut, China is only a few decades old. Yes

What came before was something completely different.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-03-2016, 01:57 PM
(02-03-2016 01:55 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 01:49 PM)morondog Wrote:  China.

Your argument is invalid Tongue

Yabut, China is only a few decades old. Yes

What came before was something completely different.

The warring states... But don't say that to anyone in China. Telling them that 5,000 years of Chinese history is only half the story is fighting words.

'Murican Canadian
Find all posts by this user
02-03-2016, 02:01 PM
I don't think Donald Trump's religious beliefs are going to have any influence on his presidential decisions. I think he is only trying pander to the Christian voters by putting on a facade.

Here is a question that I asked myself many times. Why is it that everyone hates Donald Trump but he dominates almost all the polls by double digit margins? Could it be possible the majority of people secretly support trump but are afraid to let people know? It is like the "hood rat" that all the guys talk bad about but are secretly hooking up with every other night. Duno...just a thought.
02-03-2016, 02:09 PM
(02-03-2016 02:01 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I don't think Donald Trump's religious beliefs are going to have any influence on his presidential decisions. I think he is only trying pander to the Christian voters by putting on a facade.

Here is a question that I asked myself many times. Why is it that everyone hates Donald Trump but he dominates almost all the polls by double digit margins? Could it be possible the majority of people secretly support trump but are afraid to let people know? It is like the "hood rat" that all the guys talk bad about but are secretly hooking up with every other night. Duno...just a thought.

He doesn't "dominate" the polls. 1/3 of Republicans (who are 1/2 the voters) is not 'domination' by a long shot.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-03-2016, 02:13 PM
(02-03-2016 02:01 PM)jason_delisle Wrote:  I don't think Donald Trump's religious beliefs are going to have any influence on his presidential decisions. I think he is only trying pander to the Christian voters by putting on a facade.

Or that when there is hundreds of millions of people involved, the notion media and connotations people drum up of the masses is still not anything close to the full masses.

It's not to say you're saying it, but there is one thing like that online, especially on forums like these that is so constantly annoying in interpretations of other people. Say something happens and 10-15 people make derisive comments but something happens in contrast to that and a different 10-15 people are saying things which are counter to the initial points.. So often there is someone who comes along and calls this out as people be hypocritics on forums and ridicules the people for doing so... yet most of the time that's just a different group of people. The view like that these 30 different people are just the same 10 flipping around what they're saying on a whim isn't the case. Maybe 1 or 2 out of that group fit that scheme. When you open this up to larger and larger populations that occurrence will happen even more like in politics.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
02-03-2016, 02:20 PM
(02-03-2016 02:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  

He doesn't "dominate" the polls. 1/3 of Republicans (who are 1/2 the voters) is not 'domination' by a long shot.
You and your fancy fractions. Dodgy
02-03-2016, 02:22 PM
(02-03-2016 02:09 PM)Chas Wrote:  He doesn't "dominate" the polls. 1/3 of Republicans (who are 1/2 the voters) is not 'domination' by a long shot.

It isn't even half the voters. It's less than 25%. It's still less than 40% even if you throw in the lean republican independents.

[Image: 4-6-2015_01.png]

http://www.people-press.org/2015/04/07/a...filiation/

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Popeye's Pappy's post
02-03-2016, 02:24 PM
(02-03-2016 12:29 PM)yakherder Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 12:24 PM)Stevil Wrote:  George Bush didn't seem to get you guys to realise that. Why do you think Trump will.

America is a circus show, problem is their clown in charge has a big shiny red (nuclear) button in front of him.

Fortunately, the president's codes aren't the only ones required. It is not possible for the president to act on his own and start lobbing nukes.
If the clown surrounds himself with like-minded clowns then perhaps the madness can prevail???

I'm sure Trump has named the missiles (Big Betty, Bold Berthy, Haughty Holly, Raunchy Rhonda) and thought about their targets (Mexico, Cuba, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, pretty much any Muslim or Latino country, Russia, China etc). Having a common enemy to focus on is Trump's way to unify and focus the might of America.

Then he's gone press the button while saying "Big Betty, you're fired!"
[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-07-15-at-11.00.46-AM.jpg]
02-03-2016, 02:27 PM

According to a study conducted in late April by the U.S. Department of Education and the National Institute of Literacy, 32 million adults in the U.S. can't read. That's 14 percent of the population. 21 percent of adults in the U.S. read below a 5th grade level, and 19 percent of high school graduates can't read.

Also data from the U.S. Census Bureau show that there are 76.4 million baby boomers still alive. The very demographic Fox news aims towards.

The news channels like CNN and FOX are aiming for the 50 - 80 demographic. The internet is aiming for the 14 - 40 demo. Social media sways many peoples thoughts My facebook page get's flooded with people supporting Trump and Berny. And i see the same sort of break my younger friends support Berny Sanders and the older friends support Drumpf.

I think it's because the different generations are gain information from different sources. Traditional media spoon feeds you the information. Internet media is a smorgasbord of information. If you want to see Bernie Sanders polices from the 1980s you can pull it up. What to see how Trump handles his business you can find that out to.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
02-03-2016, 02:27 PM
I think Trump is so popular because there are a lot of disgusting people here that are being given permission to come out in the sunlight because of his running.
[+] 2 users Like Hobbitgirl's post