I'm scared i made a mistake

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-12-2014, 02:32 PM (This post was last modified: 18-12-2014 02:35 PM by kim.)
RE: I'm scared i made a mistake
(17-12-2014 08:56 AM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  ---
Is it wrong to want to go back to question, to experiences?
---

No. It is never - ever - wrong to want to question - anything.

Some people do not like to question because they are afraid that they won't like the answer. Other people do not like to question because they are afraid won't understand the answer. And then there are some who don't like to question because they are afraid that there won't even be an answer.

I think that people who are very certain of their religion don't question because of one or more (or all) of the above.

You want to question because you already have your own answers about yourself and you are secure and sincere in your honesty and curiosity. It's no one's business what you might be looking for. If someone thinks it's their business or they "know" you must be looking for god or whatever, that might be a person to keep at a distance... especially emotionally.

Keep an open mind but also, keep your head about you and stay objective. Keeping the very involved people at an emotion distance might help you from being manipulated or persuaded to delve further than you desire to go.

I have always enjoyed learning about religions and am quite able to appreciate many aspects about their traditions, philosophies, and especially their imagery. I think the more one learns about something, the more one can clearly see what might be in it for them and where one can draw the line at belief and faith.

I think you'll do ok as long as you stay objective and really look at while keeping clear of the people who want you to do specific things without thinking about them. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
21-12-2014, 09:14 PM
RE: I'm scared i made a mistake
What I'm hearing is that you told your Cousin* that you are questioning.

If they offer a ride or what not, take it for a week, and then tell them you are checking out other churches to compare them. After all, you can't spell question without quest. I don't know how big of a town you are in, but go to *all* the local churches. Your relatives will probably respect your questioning, but feel confident which you will choose.

And besides... You *are* searching for God. You probably won't find him, and you seem to know that, but it is an honest search. Like when you look on the same table you checked three times for your glasses. You know they aren't there, but you're checking anyway for the sake of being thorough. Same thing.

* your Cousin, is not the same as any of your other cousins. One's Cousin is usually around the same age and gender, and spends more time with each other than any other.

Knights who say NI!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply