I'm scared of hell

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-01-2016, 10:38 AM
RE: I'm scared of hell
[Image: 400px-necro2-jpg.97066]

Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2016, 10:46 AM
why? Why?
08-01-2016, 11:03 AM
(11-12-2014 04:43 AM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  I'm scared and i haven't found a person who can yet stop and help me.
Every time i tell somebody i'm still scared of hell they find it funny.
But it's not funny because i feel like if i say "I do or don't believe for sure i'll go to hell"
my cousin scared me so bad one night saying "Why take the chance of going to hell?"
I just feel like if i'm "Wrong" if i make one "Mistake" i'll burn forever.
I don't know how to cope with it.
As a kid i went to church with my cousins, my parents allowed me to pick my own path and they new i was skeptic so they'd always say "Why don't you just stay home" (Note: My parents where religious)
Well because my cousins where always there and i had no friends at the time, they where my friends. And there mother was so strongly religious i hardly ever got to hang out with them outside of there church. So i'd go to see them and of course the free snacks what kid wouldn't? But because i still saw them outside of it my parent's didn't understand my point. I used to get to angry and scream running out of the church building because all i wanted was somebody to play with somebody to understand me when it felt like nobody did. I didn't want to pray i didn't want to sit down and listen to a hour long speech about Jesus. Maybe i was just a ignorant kid i'm not sure. To my parents it was about "Do it for respect"
i still didn't want to pray, i didn't want to sit there...i didn't believe in it i guess now that i'm older i'd respect the environment more though. However i till this very day wouldn't pray i wouldn't stand or sing it feels odd to me i just don't feel like that is "ME" because of this i got problems. I fear hell, i fear it so bad i can't get out of saying i'm agnostic. How can i help myself? Have others felt like this because every atheist I've asked so far has told me they never did. I feel "alone"
(Sorry for the spelling mistakes i attempted to do my best)

Let's address this head ON Autum. The best way to over come fear is to face it head on.

What do you fear most about it?

And we'll break it down from there.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
08-01-2016, 11:25 AM
(08-01-2016 11:03 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(11-12-2014 04:43 AM)Autumnflowers Wrote:  I'm scared and i haven't found a person who can yet stop and help me.
Every time i tell somebody i'm still scared of hell they find it funny.
But it's not funny because i feel like if i say "I do or don't believe for sure i'll go to hell"
my cousin scared me so bad one night saying "Why take the chance of going to hell?"
I just feel like if i'm "Wrong" if i make one "Mistake" i'll burn forever.
I don't know how to cope with it.
As a kid i went to church with my cousins, my parents allowed me to pick my own path and they new i was skeptic so they'd always say "Why don't you just stay home" (Note: My parents where religious)
Well because my cousins where always there and i had no friends at the time, they where my friends. And there mother was so strongly religious i hardly ever got to hang out with them outside of there church. So i'd go to see them and of course the free snacks what kid wouldn't? But because i still saw them outside of it my parent's didn't understand my point. I used to get to angry and scream running out of the church building because all i wanted was somebody to play with somebody to understand me when it felt like nobody did. I didn't want to pray i didn't want to sit down and listen to a hour long speech about Jesus. Maybe i was just a ignorant kid i'm not sure. To my parents it was about "Do it for respect"
i still didn't want to pray, i didn't want to sit there...i didn't believe in it i guess now that i'm older i'd respect the environment more though. However i till this very day wouldn't pray i wouldn't stand or sing it feels odd to me i just don't feel like that is "ME" because of this i got problems. I fear hell, i fear it so bad i can't get out of saying i'm agnostic. How can i help myself? Have others felt like this because every atheist I've asked so far has told me they never did. I feel "alone"
(Sorry for the spelling mistakes i attempted to do my best)

Let's address this head ON Autum. The best way to over come fear is to face it head on.

What do you fear most about it?

And we'll break it down from there.

A year later, she's probably doing fine. Drinking Beverage

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
08-01-2016, 12:32 PM
Who resurrected this?

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
08-01-2016, 02:17 PM
DerFish.

Shit catches the eye and starts one thinking and one thing leads to another and ...

Too bad those dates aren't as eye-catching. Wink

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
08-01-2016, 02:35 PM
(08-01-2016 02:17 PM)kim Wrote:  DerFish.

Shit catches the eye and starts one thinking and one thing leads to another and ...

Too bad those dates aren't as eye-catching. Wink

Careful, shit in the eye can lead to conjunctivitis.

~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
08-01-2016, 04:49 PM
To be fair to DerFish, he's old and thinks it's still 2014.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus