I'm so bad at this...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-09-2014, 07:12 PM
RE: I'm so bad at this...
(29-09-2014 12:47 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  ...
If two people interpret the same evidence in contradictory ways, one of them is right and one is wrong.

... or both of them are wrong Drinking Beverage

(29-09-2014 11:16 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  .....which logical fallacy is this?
(29-09-2014 06:23 PM)ivaneus Wrote:  ... argument from ignorance.

Nailed it.

Dark Phoenix nailed it too so there is not more to add except to reiterate Rev's point:

Ask which airline they prefer to take... a science-based airline or a faith-based airline? Laughat

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
29-09-2014, 07:17 PM
In logic there is a fallacy known as the nirvana fallacy......could be that category.Sort of touching on the issues of duality and singularity and the can of worms such oblique forms of reasoning tends to open.........
29-09-2014, 08:08 PM
(29-09-2014 07:17 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  In logic there is a fallacy known as the nirvana fallacy......could be that category.Sort of touching on the issues of duality and singularity and the can of worms such oblique forms of reasoning tends to open.........

Welcome back Big Grin

29-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Tell him that the device he just used to tell you all of that and the medical knowledge that gives him the ability to live past the age of 50 is proof that he has no clue what he is talking about.

He is trying to change the meaning of the words science, proof and pretty much everything else there.

My Youtube channel if anyone is interested.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEkRdbq...rLEz-0jEHQ
29-09-2014, 11:05 PM
(29-09-2014 07:12 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(29-09-2014 12:47 PM)true scotsman Wrote:  ...
If two people interpret the same evidence in contradictory ways, one of them is right and one is wrong.

... or both of them are wrong Drinking Beverage

True. I should have added that. Thanks for correcting me DLJ.

Do not lose your knowledge that man's proper estate is an upright posture, an intransigent mind and a step that travels unlimited roads. - Ayn Rand.

Don't sacrifice for me, live for yourself! - Me

The only alternative to Objectivism is some form of Subjectivism. - Dawson Bethrick
[+] 1 user Likes true scotsman's post
30-09-2014, 10:32 AM
I decided to try and continue with him, but at this point he's removed the goalposts from the field completely, and has declared that he can define things however he wants. Because what right do I have to tell him what certain words mean when HE is using them.

If i was still going, I really like Heywoods suggestion of asking why he chooses to abandon faith in science for faith in religion. I might just throw that one out there and see if I get a nibble. I can work with the Scientific Airplane vs the Religous Airplane concept.

Thanks all!

So many cats, so few good recipes.
30-09-2014, 11:02 AM
(30-09-2014 10:32 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  ...
I can work with the Scientific Airplane vs the Religous Airplane concept.

Thanks all!

Wow! That's genius!

If someone had suggested that to me, I would definitely have 'liked' it to show my gratitude.

Dodgy