I'm so scared!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-06-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm so scared!
I don't even know how to say this.

This is probably going to spell the end of my relationship with a woman, and her 2 friends, who were never around for anything but "fun". I don't think I'll miss "it", but I get so lonely, sometimes, it physically hurts. It feels like I always need someone to hold, or I'll go crazy. But I seriously doubt they'll stick around for this.

My niece NEEDS to come live with me! My older brother won't have her back, her aunt won't take her in, and her mother is certifiably bat-sh*t crazy. I'm basically the last stop before she has no one. ....and I'm f**king TERRIFIED! She's 16, and had her fair share of problems; she's no angel. But I love her, so despite what I know it will do to my current love triangle, I just CAN'T turn her away!! I wouldn't. But I'm not a parent; probably the last guy on Earth you'd want responsible for a "problem" child. I worry that she'll force me to take disciplinary actions I regret, like calling the cops, or even kicking her out, or that I'll blame her for the loss of my lust outlet. That sounds bad, but I can be weak, at times. I think about the "loss" and nearly break down, I think about what I'm going to do with a young lady I don't want to see end up a street person and nearly throw up with so much stomach ache. And if it all goes south, I'll be completely alone again.

Sorry. Had to vent/spew that out to someone. No one else in the family seems to give a shit. I'm not kidding, though! I guess I am weak; I'm so fucking scared Weeping

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-06-2013, 06:44 PM
RE: I'm so scared!
And why is this going to end the relationship with your woman friend? Is she that shallow?

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
28-06-2013, 07:00 PM
It's hard to admit my own personal fellings about the subject, but I've been reminded on more than one occasion that we never made any promises to one another. And I've been reminded that on occasions when I just wanted her over for some moral support. It's fun or nothing; no emotional support extended. I can pretend sometimes, but not when she leaves for good. She's just a bit younger than I, and just isn't into the whole "taking care of a 16 yo thang". I feel like an ass when I think about it too much. or a needy punk

28-06-2013, 07:03 PM
But in all honesty it's the responsibility of my niece that's the worst part. I'm not a role model for anyone under drinking age.

28-06-2013, 07:06 PM
Part of me wants to say good riddance, but that other part is worried about being alone!

fuck, I'll be more honest. ...I don't think I want my "lady" around my niece!

I'm just going crazy Sad

28-06-2013, 07:15 PM
You're likely not going to like me for saying this, but maybe this situation is a very good thing.

Because.... your lady friend doesn't sound like she's worth your time....your nice will be an interesting endeavor.

I don't know the details of the situation, but it sounds like she is more than a handful and she's burning too many bridges.

You better get busy writing down the law. Explain to her immediately when she has arrived what the conditions for her stay are. And give her a copy of it all.

She is underage, you are taking on a responsibility.

If you want, you can bounce the rules off us and see what comes back...

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 5 users Like Dom's post
28-06-2013, 07:30 PM
(28-06-2013 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  You're likely not going to like me for saying this, but maybe this situation is a very good thing.

Because.... your lady friend doesn't sound like she's worth your time....your nice will be an interesting endeavor.

I don't know the details of the situation, but it sounds like she is more than a handful and she's burning too many bridges.

You better get busy writing down the law. Explain to her immediately when she has arrived what the conditions for her stay are. And give her a copy of it all.

Thumbsup

When does your niece arrive?
Just spell it out simple. This is your last stop before a REALLY shitty life and you can't afford to fuck it up. I won't tolerate this, that, or that. They are deal breakers. I expect you to do this, this and that. You can expect me to do this.

Be excellent to each other and party on, Dudes!
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
28-06-2013, 07:30 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 07:40 PM by TheGulegon.)
Oh I know what your saying, but again, I get lonely. 2 heads are worse than 1 sometimes. I guess it'll be different with someone else here to worry about constantly, but it still troubles me.
got any rules? seriously! I'm totally unpracticed at being anything other than the cool uncle!

I know I don't want any boys in the house at all, but ME telling her that might come across like a fraud! My family met (by accident) my trio of succubus' and it didn't go over too well. I'm sure the story has got around. Maybe just not while I'm not home.

No drugs in my house (which includes weed), which also comes across fraudulent! I haven't in a long while, but my younger brother has told her stories, I'm sure. I was always smart with my using of anything, and somebody forgive me, I don't think she is ...smart enough...if that's the word....to practice that level of discretion. She's already got a DUI under her belt FFS!

I'll suck it up when the time comes, but gawdamn, I just worry.

28-06-2013, 07:37 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 07:49 PM by TheGulegon.)
(28-06-2013 07:30 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  
(28-06-2013 07:15 PM)Dom Wrote:  You're likely not going to like me for saying this, but maybe this situation is a very good thing.

Thumbsup

When does your niece arrive?
Just spell it out simple. This is your last stop before a REALLY shitty life and you can't afford to fuck it up. I won't tolerate this, that, or that. They are deal breakers. I expect you to do this, this and that. You can expect me to do this.

I've already laid that out, but that was months ago before I knew this would happen. "You've got to choose between a roof over your head and a place to shower, or drug use on the street, Meagan! There's no in-between". Which felt harsh at the time, but now it's my house that will provide that roof, and the last one available before rock bottom. I worry.
I go to meet her aunt half way in Joplin Sunday early to pick her up!

28-06-2013, 07:44 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2013 07:50 PM by TheGulegon.)
Also, I work. I can take her with me a few times, but at some point I'm going to have to leave her alone in my home!!
My neighbor lady is pretty cool. Maybe I can ask her to do check ups, and watch if anybody I don't know gets into my house.
I'm not kidding you, this was sprung on me 2 nights ago.