I'm starting to be able to control my headaches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-07-2012, 05:56 PM
RE: I'm starting to be able to control my headaches.
Prayer? No I'm just kidding.

I hate taking meds for anything, but at the same time I've become rather reliant on them just for day to day life. Welcome to adulthood I guess.

As for staying awake through your medication dregs... I would suggest deciding on whether or not your headaches are tolerable or not, and if not, you could suck it up. I'm sure there is some counter drug you could take, perfectly legal over the counter stuff, but then you'd be popping some pills followed by some pills.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-07-2012, 06:25 PM
Amitriptyline tends to make you less drowsy as your system adjusts to it. Took it years and years ago for the same reason...headaches.

Going through menopause worked for me, though I doubt that's a viable solution for you.

My headaches have diminished drastically, but I was often told they were hormone driven (mine anyway).

I can get through life with BC powder now...that stuff is awesome! I always have some at home and some in my purse...aspirin, the unsung, much maligned miracle drug.

I’m not anti-social. I’m pro-solitude. ~Author Unknown
Find all posts by this user
18-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Well... since Stark isn't talking...

You'd do your health a lot better to get yourself a little one-hitter and do the doobage. Much more natural than those pills. Thumbsup

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
18-07-2012, 05:32 AM
(17-07-2012 03:50 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  *Desperately........trying.......to keep..........mouth........shut*

Ah, do not worry, I won't keep my mouth shut.

SMOKE WEED!

There, all better now. Big Grin

P.S.

Did anyone ever think I could write anything different? Consider

Tongue

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
24-07-2012, 02:28 PM
Now I am getting headaches... I am sure that kingchosen pushed his headaches to my head with telekinesis!!!
I will blame him for it, don't reason with me!

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
24-07-2012, 04:01 PM
(24-07-2012 02:28 PM)Leela Wrote:  Now I am getting headaches... I am sure that kingchosen pushed his headaches to my head with telekinesis!!!
I will blame him for it, don't reason with me!

Christelekinesis... duh.

But... I actually stopped taking the Amitriptyline since it was making me a narcoleptic at work.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
24-07-2012, 07:03 PM
Manly takes it for headaches as well. Sometimes when my chronic insomnia is, well especially acute, I can convince her to give me one. Great shit for sleep.

(24-07-2012 04:01 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  But... I actually stopped taking the Amitriptyline since it was making me a narcoleptic at work.

Doesn't bother me. I've been coding for so long now I can do it in my sleep. Hell, maybe even better. And if I'm not coding it means I'm attending a fucking boring ass bullshit meeting where narcolepsy is the best defense. Wink

This is not my signature.
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-07-2012, 06:23 AM
Starting from suspicion, that led to trial and error, I determined that my headaches were due to: 1. poor sleep schedule. 2. Sleeping on my right side (applying pressure to my right temple).

I used to have headaches usually every other day; dreadful. But once I stopped sleeping on my right side, I've been headache free. It's wonderful.

I'm somewhat curious why pressure on my right temple causes these headaches.
30-07-2012, 07:55 AM
One thing I discovered (sadly) with the headaches I have (Cluster Headache Variant--with migraines), is that after all the medications I have been on, I know which types of medications cause issues in me, and now I may forever need one medication as my body's become dependant on it. Before that though, my doctor did try different strengths of meds and such--one he hoped would work did work, with the side effect of hallucinations, and me falling asleep/passing out with no warning multiple times a day--so it had to stop.

Granted my headaches are all-but gone (stop the pills for a few days and they start again), and I am typing this with the start of a migraine, but it took my doctor a while to find something that worked and even kept them away when I was working 84 hours a week and getting almost no sleep. Right now they all disappear from a beta blocker (generic: Propranolol). The great thing with it and me is this, I have migraines, cluster headach variant, and essential tremors--all three can be treated by the one drug! The bad thing is.... my blood pressure and heart rate is now used to the medication, so I have to be on it for that unless they did a really gradual weaning me off of it. And there is the part where I had to increase the dose just for work..... I somewhat blame work for it.
01-08-2012, 02:01 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 02:05 AM by Filox.)
Jesus Christ, what a bunch of health problems caused by medicine...

And yet you people call me crazy when I say: "Try smoking weed, it might help you and you won't have all these terrible side effects."

It also might not help, but if you don't try it...

Cannabis can be very beneficial for headaches, migraines and tremors, at least that is what people say and write. I know that someone here could also verify this with much more credibility than crazy, pot-smoking Filox...

Cool

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson