I'm starting to be able to control my headaches.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
01-08-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: I'm starting to be able to control my headaches.
(01-08-2012 02:01 AM)Filox Wrote:  Jesus Christ, what a bunch of health problems caused by medicine...

And yet you people call me crazy when I say: "Try smoking weed, it might help you and you won't have all these terrible side effects."

It also might not help, but if you don't try it...

Cannabis can be very beneficial for headaches, migraines and tremors, at least that is what people say and write. I know that someone here could also verify this with much more credibility than crazy, pot-smoking Filox...

Cool

I 100% agree. I have no issue with weed. I don't see anything wrong with it, and I support it's legalization; however, because it's illegal here in the US, I won't touch it.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
01-08-2012, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 01-08-2012 08:36 AM by Logica Humano.)
(01-08-2012 02:01 AM)Filox Wrote:  Jesus Christ, what a bunch of health problems caused by medicine...

And yet you people call me crazy when I say: "Try smoking weed, it might help you and you won't have all these terrible side effects."

It also might not help, but if you don't try it...

Cannabis can be very beneficial for headaches, migraines and tremors, at least that is what people say and write. I know that someone here could also verify this with much more credibility than crazy, pot-smoking Filox...

Cool

I wouldn't say there aren't "terrible" side effects. Long-term usage results in memory problems, lowered mechanical skills, and the smoke from cannabis has been found to increase chances of cancer more than tobacco smoke.

Don't get me wrong. I believe it should become legal, but I would not say there aren't any notable effects.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
02-08-2012, 11:28 PM
Jesus this again? No, no and no, wrong again. Long-term smoking has no long-term problems. It has no effect on your memory and your motor-skills. 2 weeks after you stop smoking your body starts to return to normal and it leaves 0% of permanent damage to any part of your body. After 1-2 month of non-smoking your body (brain specially) is returned to a state as if you never even seen cannabis. It is also good for regenerating brain tissue.

It is proven that cannabis has NO effect in increasing cancer chances, in fact, it is proven to help cure brain cancer in mice and rats.

Why don't you go to Wikipedia and look at the most basic facts about medicinal weed? Your facts are about 30 years old and they originated from USA "war on drugs" campaign, a lot of false advertising.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 2 users Like Filox's post
03-08-2012, 07:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2012 07:42 AM by Logica Humano.)
(02-08-2012 11:28 PM)Filox Wrote:  Jesus this again? No, no and no, wrong again. Long-term smoking has no long-term problems. It has no effect on your memory and your motor-skills. 2 weeks after you stop smoking your body starts to return to normal and it leaves 0% of permanent damage to any part of your body. After 1-2 month of non-smoking your body (brain specially) is returned to a state as if you never even seen cannabis. It is also good for regenerating brain tissue.

It is proven that cannabis has NO effect in increasing cancer chances, in fact, it is proven to help cure brain cancer in mice and rats.

Why don't you go to Wikipedia and look at the most basic facts about medicinal weed? Your facts are about 30 years old and they originated from USA "war on drugs" campaign, a lot of false advertising.

Wikipedia? You know what, Filox? I did just that.

Quote:A study in the academic journal, Cancer Epidemiology, Biomarkers & Prevention, demonstrated that a marijuana cigarette deposits four times the amount of tar in the human respiratory tract than a tobacco cigarette.[37][38]

Quote:Experiments on animal and human tissue have demonstrated a disruption of short-term memory formation,[11] which is consistent with the abundance of CB1 receptors on the hippocampus, the region of the brain most closely associated with memory. Cannabinoids inhibit the release of several neurotransmitters in the hippocampus, like acetylcholine, norepinephrine, and glutamate, resulting in a major decrease in neuronal activity in that region. This decrease in activity resembles a "temporary hippocampal lesion."[11]
In in-vitro experiments THC at extremely high concentrations, which could not be reached with commonly consumed doses, caused competitive inhibition of the AChE enzyme and inhibition of β-amyloid peptide aggregation, implicated in the development of Alzheimer's disease. Compared to currently approved drugs prescribed for the treatment of Alzheimer's disease, THC is a considerably superior inhibitor of A aggregation, and this study provides a previously unrecognized molecular mechanism through which cannabinoid molecules may impact the progression of this debilitating disease.[43]

But, interestingly enough.

Quote:The evidence to date is conflicting as to whether smoking cannabis increases the risk of developing lung cancer or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) among people who do not smoke tobacco. In 2006 a study by Hashibe, Morgenstern, Cui, Tashkin, et al. suggested that smoking cannabis does not, by itself, increase the risk of lung cancer. Many studies did report a strongly synergistic effect, however, between tobacco use and smoking cannabis such that tobacco smokers who also smoked cannabis dramatically increased their already very high risk of developing lung cancer or chronic obstructive pulmonary disease by as much as 300%.

Quote:A study of 50,000 Swedish soldiers who had smoked at least once were twice as likely to develop schizophrenia as those who had not smoked. The study concluded that either smoking caused a higher rate of schizophrenia, or that those with schizophrenia were more likely to be drawn to cannabis.[124]

I am going to actually reserve judgement now, for there is not enough conclusive evidence to suggest that either side is more valid than the other.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
09-08-2012, 12:05 AM
Yes, there are some conflicting studies about this effect. They need to do more of these studies for us to be certain in either one side or the other. I vote for the "no cancer" side, as I have read and seen more of these studies and I tend to be biased toward that opinion.

Try to be in neutral position here, until something more sound is proven. That's only fair.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Got some new medicine for my headaches. kingschosen 7 283 11-08-2013 09:24 PM
Last Post: NoahsFarce
  New Beginnings, Starting Anew... cheapthrillseaker 20 730 08-12-2012 10:44 PM
Last Post: Chas
  I'm starting the "5:2 Fasting Diet" inspired by BBC Horizon Buddy Christ 3 1,491 18-09-2012 07:11 AM
Last Post: Bucky Ball