I'm starting to be an anti-theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 07:52 AM (This post was last modified: 15-01-2014 08:13 AM by BlackMason.)
I'm starting to be an anti-theist
I believe I'm justified in this position. I've been noticing some things I hadn't before when I was still a theist.

Jesus Christ turns full grown adults into helpless, irresponsible children. I'm so sick and tired of grown folk blaming a demon or Satan for something going wrong. My cousin's nanny scratched the Range Rover door on her way out of the house on the intercom. My cousin went medieval!! The nanny bumped the Rover TWICE in one day. So the maids blamed a demon. Are. You. Fucking. Kidding. Me?

Faith is another thing that boils my blood. I've spoken about this before but I'll repeat for completeness sake. The way faith is used by most theists is dangerous. It is to deny reality.
Hebrews 11:1-3 KJV Wrote:Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good report. Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things
which are seen were not made of things which do
appear.

So you end up with people putting in a 60% effort and then they expect the other 40 to come from god. They trumpet that god works with people who work with themselves. How convenient. When asked why they're not putting in 100% effort they claim they're having faith. You end up with a situation that results in a revolting entitlement mentality. I believe in Jesus so I must get the job. I've been praying.

I've even hear "God can perform a miracle anytime anywhere. If you just wrote a test, the angels of the lord can take your script and replace it with one that has all the answers right.". What the fuck is that? Theism is actually a hidden form of anti-intellectualism. How many times have I heard science or scientists being bashed in church? "When a lawyer reads the bible he can't figure it out because he's reading it like a contract. He keeps complaining that there are contradictions. Let me tell you THERE ARE NO CONTRADICTIONS IN THE WORD OF GOD."
1 Corinthians 1:19-25 KJV Wrote:For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding
of the prudent. 20 Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made
foolish the wisdom of this world? 21 For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the
foolishness of preaching to save them that believe. 22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom: 23 But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness; 24 But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom
of God. 25 Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than
men.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like BlackMason's post
15-01-2014, 08:02 AM
RE: I'm starting to be an anti-theist
Range Rover? Intercom? Dodgy

I'm an anti-rich-fuck motherfucker. Angry

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
15-01-2014, 08:06 AM
Yeah, the total avoidance of responsibility is annoying. But you know, they don't know that is what they are doing. In their view, they are just being smart and giving credit where credit is due.

You are kinda stuck with that mind set all around you - I have long walked away from people who keep bringing god and the devil up all the time. My guess is that eventually you, too, will have to find an exit from that mind set.

I still have theist friends - just not ones who keep spouting off about it.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
15-01-2014, 08:07 AM
Seems more fair minded to allow an individual to stand or fall by the content of their character.
Drinking Beverage

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
[+] 4 users Like Kestrel's post
15-01-2014, 08:59 AM
(15-01-2014 08:07 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Seems more fair minded to allow an individual to stand or fall by the content of their character.
Drinking Beverage

Amen.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
15-01-2014, 09:57 AM
Well, I guess whoever wrote this just didn't quite believe enough...

[Image: exam-7.jpg]

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
[+] 1 user Likes Sam's post
15-01-2014, 10:08 AM
(15-01-2014 07:52 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  Theism is actually a hidden form of anti-intellectualism.

I wouldn't say its all that hidden. It's pretty much out there in the open. The entirety of the religion is based around not questioning and blindly accepting what other people tell you is how the world works.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
15-01-2014, 10:16 AM
(15-01-2014 08:07 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Seems more fair minded to allow an individual to stand or fall by the content of their character.
Drinking Beverage

[Image: belief_zps3405e5f2.jpg]

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 2 users Like WitchSabrina's post
15-01-2014, 11:59 AM
Drinking Beverage

And their behavior is the only indicator of that character, so I'll be guided by that.

You don't actually know anyone's character. No one does.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
15-01-2014, 12:00 PM
(15-01-2014 10:16 AM)WitchSabrina Wrote:  
Drinking Beverage

[Image: belief_zps3405e5f2.jpg]

Precisely. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]