I'm starting to be an anti-theist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-01-2014, 12:20 PM
RE: I'm starting to be an anti-theist
I'm reasonably comfortable with calling myself an anti-theist in certain circumstances, so long as I can get the disclaimer in I'm anti-theology not 'theist' as in the person.

I think it's ok to attack any belief, be it social, secular, political or religious if the spread of that belief has an impact on my life. A lot of the theists on here get a pass on what I'm about to say, due to the simple fact they're on here and engaging us in conversation, so in a lot of cases, this doesn't apply to them but I find theists in general, more so than if you attack a political belief for example, are inclined to take criticism of their dogma personally, even when it isn't. Hence my conscious use of a disclaimer.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-01-2014, 12:54 PM
(15-01-2014 11:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 08:07 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Seems more fair minded to allow an individual to stand or fall by the content of their character.
Drinking Beverage

And their behavior is the only indicator of that character, so I'll be guided by that.

You don't actually know anyone's character. No one does.

I don't distinguish between the two.
In this, perhaps it boils down to sincerity.

"If you're going my way, I'll go with you."- Jim Croce
15-01-2014, 01:02 PM
(15-01-2014 11:59 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(15-01-2014 08:07 AM)Kestrel Wrote:  Seems more fair minded to allow an individual to stand or fall by the content of their character.
Drinking Beverage

And their behavior is the only indicator of that character, so I'll be guided by that.

You don't actually know anyone's character. No one does.

I agree. You could LIVE with another person for years and years and believe you know their character inside and out only to be provided with a situation whereby they could surprise you utterly.
so......... there's that

I go on behavior myself, too. And that evaluation is under constant level of potential change.

When I want your opinion I'll read your entrails.
[+] 1 user Likes WitchSabrina's post