I'm starting to understand trolls

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-03-2014, 05:04 PM
I'm starting to understand trolls
I am not condoning trolls, but I have to admit it feels great to just unload on Christian apologists on their forums, so I can relate to when the trolls come in here and unload crap. It's so much fun when you just don't give a shit and can tell them what you want. When I debated my SIL it bothered me because I'm related to her and it felt personal and it hurt when I saw just how indoctrinated and delusional she was. But when I argue with these dimwits I can relax and speak my mind and not worry about anything. Being a troll rules.

Check out my atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-03-2014, 05:31 PM
RE: I'm starting to understand trolls
(22-03-2014 05:04 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I am not condoning trolls, but I have to admit it feels great to just unload on Christian apologists on their forums, so I can relate to when the trolls come in here and unload crap. It's so much fun when you just don't give a shit and can tell them what you want. When I debated my SIL it bothered me because I'm related to her and it felt personal and it hurt when I saw just how indoctrinated and delusional she was. But when I argue with these dimwits I can relax and speak my mind and not worry about anything. Being a troll rules.

Oh no.... WH is having an experience... I think we should be bracing ourselves!
Find all posts by this user
22-03-2014, 06:54 PM
(22-03-2014 05:04 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I am not condoning trolls,
Being a troll rules.

Methinks... a contradiction. Blink

So, how will this change the way you react to trolls coming to TTA?

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-03-2014, 07:50 PM
(22-03-2014 06:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 05:04 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I am not condoning trolls,
Being a troll rules.

Methinks... a contradiction. Blink

Well, I was being facetious with the "rules" comment I just didn't throw in the little winky guy, but I pretty much ignore trolls on here anyway. I won't have sympathy because I did not expect it (nor did I get it) when I was wreaking havoc on the Christian sites. It just felt good to initiate an attack instead of counter attacking.

----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
22-03-2014, 07:54 PM
(22-03-2014 07:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 06:54 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Methinks... a contradiction. Blink

Well, I was being facetious with the "rules" comment I just didn't throw in the little winky guy, but I pretty much ignore trolls on here anyway. I won't have sympathy because I did not expect it (nor did I get it) when I was wreaking havoc on the Christian sites. It just felt good to initiate an attack instead of counter attacking.

I might need to do this. Except, I'm already a member of a couple of them, aaaaand.... let's just say they wouldn't be all too pleased with me having deconverted.
22-03-2014, 09:39 PM
(22-03-2014 07:54 PM)Charis Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 07:50 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  Well, I was being facetious with the "rules" comment I just didn't throw in the little winky guy, but I pretty much ignore trolls on here anyway. I won't have sympathy because I did not expect it (nor did I get it) when I was wreaking havoc on the Christian sites. It just felt good to initiate an attack instead of counter attacking.

I might need to do this. Except, I'm already a member of a couple of them, aaaaand.... let's just say they wouldn't be all too pleased with me having deconverted.

And pleasing them matters because ... ? (in 50 words or less)

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-03-2014, 10:19 PM
(22-03-2014 09:39 PM)DLJ Wrote:  
(22-03-2014 07:54 PM)Charis Wrote:  I might need to do this. Except, I'm already a member of a couple of them, aaaaand.... let's just say they wouldn't be all too pleased with me having deconverted.

And pleasing them matters because ... ? (in 50 words or less)

Dodgy

I guess because I'd considered them a family of sorts at one time. So the personal connection makes it harder.
[+] 3 users Like Charis's post
22-03-2014, 10:23 PM
New challanger!
ATHEIST DESTROYER!!!
(He's some new troll on the forums.)

[Image: v0jpzpT.png]
[+] 1 user Likes Alex_Leonardo's post
22-03-2014, 10:34 PM
(22-03-2014 05:04 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  I am not condoning trolls, but I have to admit it feels great to just unload on Christian apologists on their forums, so I can relate to when the trolls come in here and unload crap. It's so much fun when you just don't give a shit and can tell them what you want. When I debated my SIL it bothered me because I'm related to her and it felt personal and it hurt when I saw just how indoctrinated and delusional she was. But when I argue with these dimwits I can relax and speak my mind and not worry about anything. Being a troll rules.

I just don't get that sort of thinking.

Why would you want to crawl into one of those cesspools.

It's bad enough that they come here.

It's Special Pleadings all the way down!

Magic Talking Snakes STFU -- revenantx77

You can't have your special pleading and eat it too. -- WillHop
22-03-2014, 10:57 PM
(22-03-2014 10:34 PM)Taqiyya Mockingbird Wrote:  

I just don't get that sort of thinking.

Why would you want to crawl into one of those cesspools.

It's bad enough that they come here.

When I saw Tubby's post about Cosmos and how idiotic they talked I got motivated to go on there and give them shit. Plus, whenever someone joins this forum with real questions we are all too happy to oblige. And when they deconvert we celebrate it as "another person to make our world better," so why not see if I can get some people to ask questions? I had fun ripping them to shreds and a few people PMed me but we never got around to a full conversation because I got banned.

----