I'm staying because...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2016, 09:29 AM
I'm staying because...
Feel we need to balance things out a bit.

I'm staying because...

If I wanted an echo chamber I'd locked myself in the bathroom.
Next to some of you I feel perfectly sane and normal.
You guys keep me sane (caveat see above).
I come to the circus everyday and there's no entry fee.
I learn some shit here and my language skilz beter know.
I get to practice my anti-woo spells.
I feel a camaraderie here that is irreplaceable.

Your turn.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 14 users Like Full Circle's post
13-08-2016, 09:37 AM
RE: I'm staying because...
... Stark and Moms have locked me in the cellar.

Please, please help!

No, wait. They're coming. Act natural.

Angel

[+] 21 users Like DLJ's post
13-08-2016, 09:39 AM
I mainly enjoy the light duty stuff, and stay out of the atheist/theist and political threads, for the most part. Got burned out arguing with theists a long time ago. I just like to hang out and be entertained, and give back some entertainment when I can. I'm dug in like an Alabama tick. Big Grin
[+] 7 users Like Fireball's post
13-08-2016, 09:46 AM
I came here over 4 years ago out of curiosity, and because I needed to vent about the religious bull I had to listen to over and over after hubby died.

I stuck around and the place just grew on me. I love the diversity, there is always something new to learn, or a different way of looking at something.

I like the humorous banter - some funny shit here! I like the serious thinking conversations, too. I even like the trolls - never a boring moment with them.

And those of us who stick around have formed a nice community - supportive and helpful.

What's not to like?

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 4 users Like Dom's post
13-08-2016, 09:53 AM
^ 'Muffs?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
13-08-2016, 09:57 AM
I can't find the way out. Undecided

[Image: 501625679_1a467afee2_zpsddfkmjm9.jpg]

Angel

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 18 users Like Anjele's post
13-08-2016, 09:58 AM
I'm not really here. I'm the product of your imaginations. Big Grin
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post
13-08-2016, 09:58 AM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2016 01:29 PM by cactus.)
I'm staying because I like hearing different people's unique perspectives on things.

Do I tend to keep myself in somewhat of an echo chamber of non-theistic ideas when I'm online? Yeah, usually, but that's just because there's so little substance and so little care given to most of the theistic talk that people lazily throw around. I'm already subjected to it every day at work, listening to people circle jerk and fish for each-others' approval and pass it off as legitimate "discussion."

Places like this are like a retreat back to the real world. Also, there's genuinely not a lot of bullshit drama here, compared to some other online communities. <cough>Youtube<cough>
<uh-coughity-cough> threads like this one <cough>

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
13-08-2016, 10:24 AM
I honestly have no idea. I was looking for an online community to belong to, how I ended up with you fuckers beats me, just my luck I guess.

. . . ................................ ......................................... . [Image: 2dsmnow.gif] Eat at Joe's
[+] 5 users Like Slowminded's post
13-08-2016, 10:28 AM
(13-08-2016 09:37 AM)DLJ Wrote:  ... Stark and Moms have locked me in the cellar.

Please, please help!

No, wait. They're coming. Act natural.

Angel

For the laughs. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post