I'm stealing another Sam Harris quote

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm stealing another Sam Harris quote
Just thought everyone just know. And also to share his rant on the term "atheist."

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply an admission of the obvious. In fact, "atheism" is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non-astrologer" or a "non-alchemist." We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle.

Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustifiable religious beliefs. An atheist is simply a person who believes that the 260 million Americans claiming to "never doubt the existence of God" should be obligated to present evidence for his existence - and indeed, for his benevolence, given the relentless destruction of innocent human beings we witness in the world each day. An atheist is a person who believes that the murder of a single little girl - even once in a million years - casts doubt upon the idea of a benevolent God."

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
15-08-2014, 07:30 PM
RE: I'm stealing another Sam Harris quote
(03-05-2011 06:08 PM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Just thought everyone just know. And also to share his rant on the term "atheist."

"Atheism is not a philosophy; it is not even a view of the world; it is simply an admission of the obvious. In fact, "atheism" is a term that should not even exist. No one ever needs to identify himself as a "non-astrologer" or a "non-alchemist." We do not have words for people who doubt that Elvis is still alive or that aliens have traversed the galaxy only to molest ranchers and their cattle.

Atheism is nothing more than the noises reasonable people make in the presence of unjustifiable religious beliefs. An atheist is simply a person who believes that the 260 million Americans claiming to "never doubt the existence of God" should be obligated to present evidence for his existence - and indeed, for his benevolence, given the relentless destruction of innocent human beings we witness in the world each day. An atheist is a person who believes that the murder of a single little girl - even once in a million years - casts doubt upon the idea of a benevolent God."

An excellent quote Buddy; the extreme religious mafia and crazed terrorists want total agreeance and submission to their sick lunacy............Evil_monsterAngel

"The need to be right; the sign of a vulgar mind" Albert Camus.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply