I'm sure somebody has seen this sort of thing before, but:

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-11-2013, 07:24 PM
I'm sure somebody has seen this sort of thing before, but:
I just recently stopped off at the bank to make a cash withdrawal, and I noticed that somebody had stamped the answers in genesis website on the back of one of the dollar bills I received. Also on the back, there was another website listed, e-sword.net, I'm sure this has been around for awhile too. It should also be noted that this bill is registered on/stamped with Where's George, but the guy who initially registered this bill there appears to be inactive, so probably won't notice if/when I ever decide to enter it there myself. For the time being, I plan to remove this bill from circulation Evil_monster (my loss, I know) but I'm sure somebody will get some sort of amusement out of it in the not too distant future.

-The Happy Hodag!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes The Happy Hodag!'s post
12-11-2013, 08:48 PM
RE: I'm sure somebody has seen this sort of thing before, but:
(12-11-2013 07:24 PM)The Happy Hodag! Wrote:  I just recently stopped off at the bank to make a cash withdrawal, and I noticed that somebody had stamped the answers in genesis website on the back of one of the dollar bills I received. ...

You have laws regarding defacing money, right?

'Cause that sounds like some motherfucker defaced that money.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-11-2013, 08:58 PM
(12-11-2013 08:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 07:24 PM)The Happy Hodag! Wrote:  I just recently stopped off at the bank to make a cash withdrawal, and I noticed that somebody had stamped the answers in genesis website on the back of one of the dollar bills I received. ...

You have laws regarding defacing money, right?

Yes, we do.
But a stamp doesn't count as defacing. To be defaced, it basically has to be destroyed.

"currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued"

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html
12-11-2013, 09:01 PM
(12-11-2013 08:58 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  
(12-11-2013 08:48 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  You have laws regarding defacing money, right?

Yes, we do.
But a stamp doesn't count as defacing. To be defaced, it basically has to be destroyed.

"currency defacement is generally defined as follows: Whoever mutilates, cuts, disfigures, perforates, unites or cements together, or does any other thing to any bank bill, draft, note, or other evidence of debt issued by any national banking association, Federal Reserve Bank, or Federal Reserve System, with intent to render such item(s) unfit to be reissued"

http://www.moneyfactory.gov/historicallegislation.html

Stamping horseshit on legal tender is as much defacement to the bill as graffiti is to my wall, damnit!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
12-11-2013, 09:15 PM
But it's not horseshit to everyone, so they have the right to make whatever stamp they want.

There are some other people stamping money with (IMO) more worthwhile messages, like this one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...ampede.png
12-11-2013, 09:31 PM
(12-11-2013 09:15 PM)Colourcraze Wrote:  But it's not horseshit to everyone, so they have the right to make whatever stamp they want.

There are some other people stamping money with (IMO) more worthwhile messages, like this one: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en...ampede.png

That picture seems almost paradoxical...

Anyway, I just disagree with defacing money in general, don't care about the reason, plus it's a crime here to deface money here anyway and that includes drawing and stamps to my knowledge (not that the crime can actually be proven...)

12-11-2013, 09:56 PM
(12-11-2013 09:01 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Stamping horseshit on legal tender is as much defacement to the bill as graffiti is to my wall, damnit!

Oh, you can't just go to the wall bank and get a wall without graffiti on it? Cus you kinda can with money.

It doesn't make it right, but come on, it's just a damned dollar bill. Kinda like a TV channel, if you don't like it, don't look at it. Go find a different one.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
12-11-2013, 10:06 PM
I just take a pen and mark out the word god.
In (ink) we trust, which isn't too far from the truth

If I found that stamp, would and have inked over it so it's not readable.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
12-11-2013, 10:40 PM
Perhaps the markings on this bill are defacement, but chances are the Secret Service won't investigate this or any other markings because they have bigger fish to fry. This is one of the many things I've learned from my years on Where's George.

Also from this same withdrawal, I received a bill that had the entire "in god we trust" blacked out. I found that ironic to say the least.

-The Happy Hodag!
12-11-2013, 11:02 PM
would be a funny bipartisan skit

Atheist blacks out "in god we trust" on a note.
Goes to buy some candy and the machine wont take the note.
beats on the vending machine crying, please god give me some candy !
[Image: 9300617398011.jpg]

Theism is to believe what other people claim, Atheism is to ask "why should I".