I'm surprised by the de-converted

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-06-2013, 11:44 PM
RE: I'm surprised by the de-converted
(09-06-2013 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My son is a spoiled atheist. So is my husband his parents never cared much.

I had issues. My family has pretty much alienated me. Eh...it's ok tho.

Yeah, you had issues. But like you said, your issues have alienated you.

I consider myself lucky when an issue alienates me, because that releases me from the burden.

And guess what, your family of origin isn't your family. The family you created loves you. The people you were forced to grow up around lost a valuable asset.

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
09-06-2013, 11:51 PM
(09-06-2013 11:08 PM)Cloud Strife Wrote:  ... teddy bears do not come to life in the middle of the night as we sleep, and go on secret adventures, returning before we wake.

You atheists - you, you kill everything!! Sadcryface2 Laughat

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like kim's post
09-06-2013, 11:56 PM
(09-06-2013 11:51 PM)kim Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 11:08 PM)Cloud Strife Wrote:  ... teddy bears do not come to life in the middle of the night as we sleep, and go on secret adventures, returning before we wake.

You atheists - you, you kill everything!! Sadcryface2 Laughat

Sorry, in addition to being an atheist I'm also an atheddybearist.
[+] 1 user Likes Raptor Jesus's post
09-06-2013, 11:59 PM
(09-06-2013 11:44 PM)bbeljefe Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 11:16 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My son is a spoiled atheist. So is my husband his parents never cared much.

I had issues. My family has pretty much alienated me. Eh...it's ok tho.

Yeah, you had issues. But like you said, your issues have alienated you.

I consider myself lucky when an issue alienates me, because that releases me from the burden.

And guess what, your family of origin isn't your family. The family you created loves you. The people you were forced to grow up around lost a valuable asset.

Thanks and you're right. Heart

My real family consists mainly of my husband, children, some great friends and all of the wonderful people here, yourself included! Thanks for the reminder, I needed it!

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

10-06-2013, 12:13 AM
(09-06-2013 11:56 PM)Cloud Strife Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 11:51 PM)kim Wrote:  You atheists - you, you kill everything!! Sadcryface2 Laughat

Sorry, in addition to being an atheist I'm also an atheddybearist.

See, here's where we differ. I maintain, and the evidence supports, that teddy bears existed (and, in a fashion, continue to exist), but only in a historical (and present-day) sense, without any of the normally-associated supernatural phenomena. I further believe that rather than the wholesome, conservative family values context that teddy bears are normally depicted in, their origins are as symbols of a radical proto-Green movement that strained the social and legal norms of the time. Finally, I don't put much credence in the notion that the preachings we hear about teddy bears nowadays have any bearings at all to the original message, and believe instead that, in fact, the current mass-market teddy bears are a complete betrayal of traditional teddy bear values. Also, Teddy Ruxpin is a total tool.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
[+] 3 users Like Reltzik's post
10-06-2013, 12:19 AM
I love my teddy!

10-06-2013, 12:21 AM
(10-06-2013 12:13 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  
(09-06-2013 11:56 PM)Cloud Strife Wrote:  Sorry, in addition to being an atheist I'm also an atheddybearist.

See, here's where we differ. I maintain, and the evidence supports, that teddy bears existed (and, in a fashion, continue to exist), but only in a historical (and present-day) sense, without any of the normally-associated supernatural phenomena. I further believe that rather than the wholesome, conservative family values context that teddy bears are normally depicted in, their origins are as symbols of a radical proto-Green movement that strained the social and legal norms of the time. Finally, I don't put much credence in the notion that the preachings we hear about teddy bears nowadays have any bearings at all to the original message, and believe instead that, in fact, the current mass-market teddy bears are a complete betrayal of traditional teddy bear values. Also, Teddy Ruxpin is a total tool.

Nice try to promote the gay teddy bear agenda.

[Image: 1971608-2-leather-bear.jpg]

You can't hide your filthy atheist homosexual teddy bear agenda with your fancy college words!

God Hates Fag Teddy Bears!

The beginning of wisdom is to call things by their right names. - Chinese Proverb
[+] 2 users Like bbeljefe's post
10-06-2013, 12:22 AM
My teddy wears a chastity belt and has a ball gag. Wink

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
10-06-2013, 12:27 AM
(10-06-2013 12:22 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My teddy wears a chastity belt and has a ball gag. Wink

Shebvsnortjobvkingbabouthghtheblallghagbvs.

10-06-2013, 12:28 AM
I believe teddy bears are simply conjured up propaganda devices of Theodore "Teddy" Roosevelt.