I'm terrified.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 03:11 PM
RE: I'm terrified.
Wow, thanks to all that replied...and so soon. I wasn't expecting that.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like greghalmaghi's post
28-02-2016, 03:14 PM
Welcome aboard the forum. Life has its surprises. I am twice your age and went thru a divorce when I was 37 that devastated my life. She remarried 90 days later to the guy she had been seeing behind my back. Not really related to the religion thing, but still a trauma to me. I decided one thing, that I wasn't going to end up a drunk which would have been easy if I had let myself.
[+] 2 users Like DerFish's post
28-02-2016, 03:16 PM
(28-02-2016 03:11 PM)greghalmaghi Wrote:  Wow, thanks to all that replied...and so soon. I wasn't expecting that.

The group here's very kind and understanding and patient. I can attest to this.

You're safe here. Smile

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
28-02-2016, 03:17 PM
Sorry to hear what you're going through, pal. Many of us come from similar evangelical backgrounds (myself included - I was thrown out of my home at age 17 for refusing to continue to attend church, even though I was not yet an atheist; I had just come to realize the Southern Baptist Christian ideology was not for me), and have experienced the way they weaponize their religion against us, when we realize that the whole thing is BS. Not all Christians are like this, of course, but among evangelicals it seems like a given, unfortunately.

I found amazing support here that helped me get through some pretty terrible stuff. I hope you find the same.

If you need to call someone and just talk, or whatever, message me and I'll send you my number. It's hard to lose the entire world you built, for any reason, especially the loss of the presence of your children. I'm father to two boys, so I understand that as well... luckily my Beloved is an evolutionary biologist as well as a Christian, so she fought back against her fellow Christians who tried to get her to leave me when they found out I was a nonbeliever.

It's hard, but try to look at it like this: did you really want to spend your life with a woman whose heart is so cold she would abandon a spouse of all those years, and take the children out of a loving home, because he doesn't agree with her?

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
28-02-2016, 03:21 PM
This is a great place, and you can find a lot of support here. As your children get older, you will have shown them a different way, one that you did not have offered to you as a child. Think of how much better their lives will be because of that. Divorce is so hard, but when the years pass, you will find your balance and things will be better for you.
[+] 1 user Likes carol's post
28-02-2016, 03:27 PM
(28-02-2016 01:18 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  Sounds like you are getting taken to the cleaners, unfairly ... child support yes. "Spousal support" ? Why ? Why are you not getting shared custody ?

Because I live in San Diego, CA and that's the way it is. As far as custody, we're still at odds over that issue.
28-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Welcome aboard and ditto what the others said. Let us know how we can help.

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart
28-02-2016, 03:29 PM
(28-02-2016 03:17 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Sorry to hear what you're going through, pal. Many of us come from similar evangelical backgrounds (myself included - I was thrown out of my home at age 17 for refusing to continue to attend church, even though I was not yet an atheist; I had just come to realize the Southern Baptist Christian ideology was not for me), and have experienced the way they weaponize their religion against us, when we realize that the whole thing is BS. Not all Christians are like this, of course, but among evangelicals it seems like a given, unfortunately.

I found amazing support here that helped me get through some pretty terrible stuff. I hope you find the same.

If you need to call someone and just talk, or whatever, message me and I'll send you my number. It's hard to lose the entire world you built, for any reason, especially the loss of the presence of your children. I'm father to two boys, so I understand that as well... luckily my Beloved is an evolutionary biologist as well as a Christian, so she fought back against her fellow Christians who tried to get her to leave me when they found out I was a nonbeliever.

It's hard, but try to look at it like this: did you really want to spend your life with a woman whose heart is so cold she would abandon a spouse of all those years, and take the children out of a loving home, because he doesn't agree with her?

Thanks for the support! Even though this new life is difficult, it's also liberating.
28-02-2016, 03:30 PM
(28-02-2016 03:14 PM)DerFish Wrote:  Welcome aboard the forum. Life has its surprises. I am twice your age and went thru a divorce when I was 37 that devastated my life. She remarried 90 days later to the guy she had been seeing behind my back. Not really related to the religion thing, but still a trauma to me. I decided one thing, that I wasn't going to end up a drunk which would have been easy if I had let myself.

That's a harsh story, kudos to you for making a great choice. Glad to be here!
28-02-2016, 03:33 PM
(28-02-2016 02:32 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  Sorry to hear about all those things you're going through Hug

Hope you'll feel welcome on TTA. Feel free to vent and look for support here, we've all had our stories and the community can be very supportive.

Thanks for your support, I really appreciate it Smile