I'm terrified.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-02-2016, 03:33 PM
RE: I'm terrified.
(28-02-2016 02:08 PM)Erxomai Wrote:  Welcome to the Island of Misfit Toys. You've found a home. Smile

#sigh
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
28-02-2016, 03:42 PM
Hey Greg, I'm kind of in the same boat as you, San the Divorce. I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my faith about a month ago, and I'm still disoriented from it. What college did you go to?
28-02-2016, 03:43 PM
A new start is not an awful thing unless you make it so. I know that divorce can be awful and it's harder when kids are involved. You are getting hit with lots of change at once and that's a lot to deal with.

Be true to who you are. Be the same guy you have always been. The same father you have always been. Let your kids know that you are still dad. Depending on their ages, the divorce will probably be harder for them than the lack of religion.

Those friends who are friends because of who you are and what you mean to them are probably going to remain friends. Those that were only friends because of shared religion were just going through the motions.

Why can't you at least go for shared custody so that you will have the kids half the time? As for being alone...there is nothing wrong with learning how to be happy and content with yourself...it sounds like you need some time to get to know the new you anyway.

Take things a step at a time. It sounds like you are seeing everything that possibly happen all at once. Deal with a piece at a time where you can. You may find a strength within yourself you didn't know you had.

This is a great place to vent as well as to talk to people who have been through similar experiences. Remember that divorce is usually unpleasant even when religion is not a factor and people do it all the time.

Good luck to you...we are here to be an ear or a shoulder. It's also a good place to just interact about any and every topic.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 3 users Like Anjele's post
28-02-2016, 03:46 PM
(28-02-2016 03:42 PM)DavidCG Wrote:  Hey Greg, I'm kind of in the same boat as you, San the Divorce. I'm sorry to hear that. I lost my faith about a month ago, and I'm still disoriented from it. What college did you go to?

Calvary Chapel Bible College in Murrieta, CA
28-02-2016, 03:48 PM
Awesome! I went to Biola.
01-03-2016, 05:30 PM
WOW! Hug

Welcome to the forum.

I hope you'll be able to find a nice group of friends here that you can relate to. Jump right on into the conversation and try to feel at home.
01-03-2016, 05:36 PM
(28-02-2016 03:48 PM)DavidCG Wrote:  Awesome! I went to Biola.

Is Biola accredited? I have no idea from Christian colleges and universities, but I think at least some are accredited. Aren't they?

greghalmaghi, is there anything at all that can transfer from your college to a state university or community college? Maybe even just some general education classes?
01-03-2016, 10:41 PM
Hi to both DavidCG & GregH... it's tough but, it's great you are getting your minds cleared. Give yourselves time. Full deconversion is often a back and forth kind of thing - it can take a while - maybe even a couple years.

This is a global forum with a lot of different perspectives. You're in a bigger world here ... but still, we can be pretty cozy.

Welcome to the forum. Smile

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 2 users Like kim's post
01-03-2016, 10:53 PM

My sympathies.
You should demand your money back. Facepalm
It's a fraudulent scheme.

Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
02-03-2016, 09:03 AM
(01-03-2016 05:36 PM)Aliza Wrote:  

Is Biola accredited? I have no idea from Christian colleges and universities, but I think at least some are accredited. Aren't they?

greghalmaghi, is there anything at all that can transfer from your college to a state university or community college? Maybe even just some general education classes?

Nope, it was all unaccredited. Just a lot of "how is god speaking to you" type of papers and lectures about the age of the universe. My best years - Gone!