I'm tobacco free - but not nicotine free.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-03-2016, 09:01 PM
I'm tobacco free - but not nicotine free.
I've been dipping (some people incorrectly confuse it with 'chewing') tobacco for half my life. For a multitude of reasons I've wanted to quit for years. I was, and still am very addicted. I've tried to quit before, but I never actually went a full day without dipping outside of bootcamp as a youngster. I decided to give Vaping a try to help. I'd toyed around with the idea of trying it for a while. The jury is out on the long term affects, but the short term effects seem to be very encouraging as an alternative to tobacco. I'm using it to quit, or at least that's the goal.

A dip of dip (also called snuff or chew) has a lot more nicotine than a cigarette. The "Juice" I'm vaping is supposed to be half that of a cigarette. I'm wanting to half that again soon. I've been dip free for about a week and a half now - and still want to dip everyday.

Anyone here use this method to quit nicotine altogether? Anyone else here "Vape"? Also, is the phenomenon of switching to Vaping happening outside the US?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post
02-03-2016, 09:10 PM
RE: I'm tobacco free - but not nicotine free.
I've been wanting to try vaping. I do need to quit smoking. Everyone that I know that has tried it has gone back to smoking though. Still I think it would be worth a try.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
02-03-2016, 09:42 PM
Quote:I've been dip free for about a week and a half now - and still want to dip everyday.

What are you fucking teabag or something?

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
02-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Been tobacco free for decades now. I was a Copenhagen snuff addict for decades. Started coughing up black shit. Nicorette gum placed between the cheek and gum like Copenhagen is what I do.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
02-03-2016, 10:00 PM
I got nothing for a solution except for several dead uncles, dead mom, dead dad and dead younger brother to offer up for a reason to not start that habit. Now that I'm 63, I'll probably not start. Get on a real solution, if you want to have a better life as you age. The quality of your life is going down even now (perhaps), because of tobacco. Evil substance.
[+] 2 users Like Fireball's post
02-03-2016, 10:38 PM (This post was last modified: 02-03-2016 10:53 PM by Dark Light.)
(02-03-2016 09:53 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Been tobacco free for decades now. I was a Copenhagen snuff addict for decades. Started coughing up black shit. Nicorette gum placed between the cheek and gum like Copenhagen is what I do.

Still using the gum after all this time?

And coughing it up? Were you using the oldschool powdered dry snuff, or moist snuff? I've never heard of a dipper coughing anything up as a result of dipping in my life - and I know a load of dippers between being a hillbilly and being in the military. I've only tried sniffing dried snuff a few times as a teen. Brutons and Redseal, I believe. I used to use Copenhagen Snuff in highschool, and maybe a little beyond.
[Image: copenhagen_snuff_200857_feb_2015_1.jpg]
I moved on to long-cut wintergreen of various brands over the past decade or so. Using Cope longcut wintergreen for past several years.

Vaping is keeping me sane. For those of you interested in trying it, it's not the same feeling as smoking. I used it few a few days before I could use it without coughing, but again I wasn't a smoker either.

03-03-2016, 01:32 AM
Good on you for going down this path. I hope you get there.
03-03-2016, 01:37 AM
(02-03-2016 09:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Also, is the phenomenon of switching to Vaping happening outside the US?

It is. At an alarming rate, I would say. I see more and more people doing it, thinking that it's 100% safe, which makes them use it even more often that actual cigarettes, some keeping it on their hands all day.

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
03-03-2016, 01:49 AM
(03-03-2016 01:37 AM)undergroundp Wrote:  
(02-03-2016 09:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Also, is the phenomenon of switching to Vaping happening outside the US?

It is. At an alarming rate, I would say. I see more and more people doing it, thinking that it's 100% safe, which makes them use it even more often that actual cigarettes, some keeping it on their hands all day.

It's called Darwinism dear.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 5 users Like earmuffs's post
03-03-2016, 04:11 AM
(02-03-2016 09:01 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  I've been dipping (some people incorrectly confuse it with 'chewing') tobacco for half my life. For a multitude of reasons I've wanted to quit for years. I was, and still am very addicted. I've tried to quit before, but I never actually went a full day without dipping outside of bootcamp as a youngster. I decided to give Vaping a try to help. I'd toyed around with the idea of trying it for a while. The jury is out on the long term affects, but the short term effects seem to be very encouraging as an alternative to tobacco. I'm using it to quit, or at least that's the goal.

A dip of dip (also called snuff or chew) has a lot more nicotine than a cigarette. The "Juice" I'm vaping is supposed to be half that of a cigarette. I'm wanting to half that again soon. I've been dip free for about a week and a half now - and still want to dip everyday.

Anyone here use this method to quit nicotine altogether? Anyone else here "Vape"? Also, is the phenomenon of switching to Vaping happening outside the US?

Until almost 2 years ago, I was a 20 - 30 cigarettes a day guy. I also, strangely, kept myself fit by running. I even stopped for a fag break during the marathons that I ran. Yeh, crazy, I know.

I tried to stop zillions of times over many years. I tried gum, patches and even hypnotherapy. Nothing worked or even came close. I couldn't even manage 24 hours without a cigarette. Without a cigarette, I felt ill. I felt as though the world was coming in at me. The world felt larger than life. I was as cranky as hell. I wasn't normal without a cigarette. The first thing that I did when I woke each morning was to have a cigarette. Plane journeys were the worst, and UK airports. I liked the Greek airports. They were very tolerant of smokers.

Then, one day, I got out of bed and stopped smoking. I haven't had one since. I haven't even wanted one since. I've had no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever. I can't explain it. The only conclusion that I can come to is that I wanted to stop this time. In the past, did I want to stop? If I were completely honest? No. And there may be the difference. Do you REALLY want to stop or do you just think that you ought to?

Oh. people claim that one feels better when one quits smoking. I didn't and, after two years, I still don't.

I honestly wish you all the best.

Marburg virus, Ebola, Rabies, HIV, Smallpox, Hantavirus, Dengue Fever all brought to you by god - who cares for us and loves us all Censored