I'm tobacco free - but not nicotine free.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-03-2016, 06:00 PM
RE: I'm tobacco free - but not nicotine free.
(03-03-2016 10:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ead a pubmed paper suggesting it may ward off or delay Alzheimer's.

Interesting if true. Even so, I'd rather quit it altogether if I can just to save money. Maybe it's worth it based on the medical benefits if you have the disposable income. Ultimately the reason to use nicotine for most people would be because they enjoy it or they are unable to break the addiction.

(03-03-2016 10:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The moister the better. Old dry Copenhagen is awful. As far as coughing shit up, I inevitably ended up swallowing some of the juice. After about a decade of that I started coughing up black shit.

The dry snuff I was referring to isn't currently produced (or at least marketed as) Copenhagen to my knowledge. They probably did at one point though. It's kind of a niche market these days. My great-great grandma used to to use it. I know this because I used to watch her do it. She lived to be 108 or 109 and was in great shape in her later years. She got around just fine. I think its safe to say the snuff did impact her health in any significantly detrimental way.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(03-03-2016 10:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I tried it. Didn't do it for me because the act of putting the nicorette between my lip and gum resembles the act of dipping more.

Different strokes for different folks. May sound strange but I tried doing similar things with products that did not contain nicotine. Maybe the gum would've worked, but when using regular gum, sunflower seeds, etc, it just made me more angry that what I had in my lip was an imposter. The wrong texture was a big deal to me.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-03-2016, 06:16 PM
(03-03-2016 06:00 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(03-03-2016 10:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  ead a pubmed paper suggesting it may ward off or delay Alzheimer's.

Interesting if true. Even so, I'd rather quit it altogether if I can just to save money. Maybe it's worth it based on the medical benefits if you have the disposable income. Ultimately the reason to use nicotine for most people would be because they enjoy it or they are unable to break the addiction.

(03-03-2016 10:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  The moister the better. Old dry Copenhagen is awful. As far as coughing shit up, I inevitably ended up swallowing some of the juice. After about a decade of that I started coughing up black shit.

The dry snuff I was referring to isn't currently produced (or at least marketed as) Copenhagen to my knowledge. They probably did at one point though. It's kind of a niche market these days. My great-great grandma used to to use it. I know this because I used to watch her do it. She lived to be 108 or 109 and was in great shape in her later years. She got around just fine. I think its safe to say the snuff did impact her health in any significantly detrimental way.

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

(03-03-2016 10:48 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  I tried it. Didn't do it for me because the act of putting the nicorette between my lip and gum resembles the act of dipping more.

Different strokes for different folks. May sound strange but I tried doing similar things with products that did not contain nicotine. Maybe the gum would've worked, but when using regular gum, sunflower seeds, etc, it just made me more angry that what I had in my lip was an imposter. The wrong texture was a big deal to me.

I did miss the texture and the burn for several months.

#sigh
04-03-2016, 06:39 AM
Regarding "Vaping".

Sucking unknown chemicals (don't EVEN pretend you know what's in that shit) into your lungs can't be anything but good for you, right??????

Sure....

My best guess --- some company that handled toxic waste figured out a quick way to get rid of industrial slop - and make a buck at the same time.

Enjoy.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
04-03-2016, 06:18 PM
(04-03-2016 06:39 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Regarding "Vaping".

Sucking unknown chemicals (don't EVEN pretend you know what's in that shit) into your lungs can't be anything but good for you, right??????

Sure....

My best guess --- some company that handled toxic waste figured out a quick way to get rid of industrial slop - and make a buck at the same time.

Enjoy.

I fully understand and share your concerns. The ingredients are pretty simple though. The biggest question mark is on the flavoring. The long term effects are unknown. The "Juice" production is also unregulated. It's still the wild west. The laws haven't caught up, and the laws they are trying to catch up on first and foremost seem to be based on trying to figure out whether companies can advertise, and whether the product can be used in public locations. Not on ensuring that the product is as safe as possible. However, the data in the short term is all a win when compared to smoking or dipping. Besides that many people (certainly not 'most', as the people making the money would like you to think) are using the product as a tool to quit nicotine altogether.

I am taking a gamble though. I am switching from something I know is terrible for my health to something which may be terrible for my health. It's not the only probably safer nicotine alternative. Powdered (nasal) snuff, and snus are both considered as safer alternatives by most (and there is a longer period of time of use to collect the data), though they are both more difficult to use a a tool for quitting, and are better as 'replacements' for those who do not wish to quit. Girly is using another option as well. Drugs like Chantix are an option for quitting, though there are plenty of health concerns with that product as well. I REALLY don't know what's in that shit, and tend to be weary of prescription medications (though I do take them if I feel they are the best option).
05-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Take good care of the battery. They tend to explode.

Quote: Instead of burning tobacco, vape pens
and e-cigs use a small lithium-ion battery
to heat an aerosol cartridge to release a
vapor that’s inhaled. As in any device
that uses lithium-ion batteries, you can
run into problems when the battery is
damaged or subjected to extremes in
temperature. A short circuit can cause
the battery to overheat, catch fire, or
even explode. These problems tend to
occur in cheap consumer gadgets that are
quickly churned out of factories. All in
all, it’s relatively rare, but obviously it
happens—most recently, in hoverboard
scooters.

“With lithium-ion batteries in general,
when you operate one outside its safety
window, there’s a tendency where things
can go wrong,” says Venkat Viswanathan,
who teaches mechanical engineering
Carnegie Mellon University. That window
is startlingly small: Viswanathan says
batteries are best kept between 50 and
115 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s February,
and all but four US states are averaging
temperatures below 50 right now.

In some cases, the problem is
compounded by cheap lithium-ion
batteries that “don’t have the luxury of
using sophisticated management
systems,” Viswanathan says. That can
lead to dangerously over- or under-charged batteries. Dendrite is another
potential problem. Dendrite is a
conductive filament that can form over
the course of several charge/discharge
cycles, especially if the battery is rapidly
charged. This stuff can spread like a
weed, eventually bridging the electrodes
and causing a short circuit. “You have
basically something equivalent to
gasoline inside your lithium-ion
battery,” Viswanathan says, “and so
immediately it catches fire.”

http://www.wired.com/2016/02/exploding-e...vape-pens/

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
07-03-2016, 08:50 AM
I tried elicit herbal chew. It is a tobacco free herbal chew with nicotine in it. It comes in three levels of nicotine. Full, half, and zero.