I'm vegan now.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-05-2017, 07:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-05-2017 07:49 PM by cactus.)
RE: I'm vegan now.
I just made an all vegan dinner. Well, I mean, other than the chicken broth it was all vegan. I'm pretty proud of myself.
I was like... 70% of the way there. Pretty good, right? I would have used vegetable broth if I'd had it, I promise Wink

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
04-05-2017, 08:07 PM
I tried making an all-vegan meal once, but there just wasn't enough meat on them.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Gawdzilla's post
04-05-2017, 08:11 PM
Well, okay I'm also not including the ice cream as part of my dinner, so it like doesn't count ok? Angel
Almond milk is good. I just don't have any in my fridge right now u kno AngelAngel

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post
04-05-2017, 11:03 PM (This post was last modified: 05-05-2017 12:04 AM by Robvalue.)
Things are really starting to gain momentum, in the last few years I've seen supermarkets stocking more and more vegan things. They're finally realizing there is a market for it. The thing is, they're often going to miss out on an entire weekly shop from us celery lickers if they are weak in that area.

The quality has also got better. I'll admit, when I first considered becoming vegan some of the "fake" milk and cheese for example tasted pretty rank. But now they've come on in leaps and bounds, and I have found many brands which are delicious. My wife is veggie, but prefers the taste of soya milk to cow milk now.

The mock meat products are also getting really good, so much so that I can't physically eat some of them because they remind me too much of meat. That's not a complaint, it's a compliment, because I know it's important for them to get it right so as to win over those who really do want to replace meat with a vegan alternative.

There's a national chain of Italian restaurants called Zizzis which has been doing an amazing vegan menu for a while now, with vegan pizza and garlic bread being my favourites. Absolutely delicious. They've won awards for it! I feel other places are eventually going to have to follow suit or lose out. Pizza Hut on the hand does have a "vegan menu", but don't offer a single vegan pizza on it. How fucking lame is that? They're getting owned by Zizzis who aren't even exclusively a vegan place.

So, what was I saying? Oh yeah! Everyone become a vegan or I'll ass-fuck you with a carrot. You'd probably like that though. You're disgusting.

I have a website here which discusses the issues and terminology surrounding religion and atheism. It's hopefully user friendly to all.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Robvalue's post
05-05-2017, 01:49 AM
(04-05-2017 06:09 PM)Loom Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 03:57 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  I'm vegan plus fish now for medical reasons. Also need to reduce saturated fats to as close to zero as possible and no fats solid at room temperature.

Only been a month so far but I wish I had done this years ago.

Only thing I truly miss is chocolate and I have chocolate soy / almond drink for that.

I'm enjoying losing weight even when not exercising and without ever feeling hungry.

You should try Go Raw chocolate...hard to come by and a little pricey, but it's AMAZING. Ingredients are only raw cocoa and agave nectar, so it's super low in fats!

Thanks! All the dairy free chocolate I have seen so far has been really high in saturated fats.
05-05-2017, 06:15 AM
I'm vegan now.
(03-05-2017 11:29 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Can I have your share of the meat?

I've got some meat for you.
05-05-2017, 07:12 AM
(05-05-2017 06:15 AM)KUSA Wrote:  
(03-05-2017 11:29 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Can I have your share of the meat?

I've got some meat for you.

That wouldn't even be a starter mate.

[Image: cosmo-cocktail-sausages.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
05-05-2017, 09:26 AM
(04-05-2017 08:07 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I tried making an all-vegan meal once, but there just wasn't enough meat on them.

Vegans taste better generally though, as omnivorous and carnivorous critters are usually way too tough and gamey. Drinking Beverage
05-05-2017, 09:52 AM
(05-05-2017 09:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  
(04-05-2017 08:07 PM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  I tried making an all-vegan meal once, but there just wasn't enough meat on them.

Vegans taste better generally though, as omnivorous and carnivorous critters are usually way too tough and gamey. Drinking Beverage

Pigs are omnivores, basically destroys that argument.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
05-05-2017, 10:08 AM
(05-05-2017 09:52 AM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(05-05-2017 09:26 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Vegans taste better generally though, as omnivorous and carnivorous critters are usually way too tough and gamey. Drinking Beverage

Pigs are omnivores, basically destroys that argument.

This is true, note I said generally and usually, if in doubt add caveats that's my motto Wink