I made a "no looting" sign
What happened here.

[Image: lGIjSTt.jpg]

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2016, 10:42 AM
RE: I made a "no looting" sign
Watch your Heinikens -- or "Looter Dude" might make off with them....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
24-08-2016, 10:47 AM
KC - were you able to save anything?

I can't imagine what you are going through...your loss is from the bottom up in your house taking everything out.

Ours was from the roof down and luckily no appliances or electronics or personal, sentimental items were lost.

Are the bones of your home still sound?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
24-08-2016, 10:50 AM
(24-08-2016 10:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  KC - were you able to save anything?

I can't imagine what you are going through...your loss is from the bottom up in your house taking everything out.

Ours was from the roof down and luckily no appliances or electronics or personal, sentimental items were lost.

We save a handful of things... very little, though. We're done gutting the house, so it's just a skeleton right now. I'm spraying for mold today. The adjuster said the hardboard and the siding have to go as well, so we'll start on that later. Basically, we're stripping it down to frame and bricks.

[+] 2 users Like kingschosen's post
24-08-2016, 10:53 AM
Whatta pain.....

If I lived there - I'd be sorely tempted to build a house up on about 30 foot pilings.......

Sorta a "deluxe hunting blind" motif.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
24-08-2016, 10:55 AM
(24-08-2016 10:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 10:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  KC - were you able to save anything?

We save a handful of things... very little, though. We're done gutting the house, so it's just a skeleton right now. I'm spraying for mold today. The adjuster said the hardboard and the siding have to go as well, so we'll start on that later. Basically, we're stripping it down to frame and bricks.

At least we were able to still stay in our home though it certainly wasn't the best option. I hate that you and the family are going through this. It's devastating to have to stand by and let nature take away part, or all, of what you work so hard for.

I hope the rebuilding is swift and that you got/get an insurance adjuster who is as good as ours was. Thumbsup

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 10:59 AM
(24-08-2016 10:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 10:50 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  We save a handful of things... very little, though. We're done gutting the house, so it's just a skeleton right now. I'm spraying for mold today. The adjuster said the hardboard and the siding have to go as well, so we'll start on that later. Basically, we're stripping it down to frame and bricks.

At least we were able to still stay in our home though it certainly wasn't the best option. I hate that you and the family are going through this. It's devastating to have to stand by and let nature take away part, or all, of what you work so hard for.

I hope the rebuilding is swift and that you got/get an insurance adjuster who is as good as ours was. Thumbsup

Thanks Angie. We have a pretty good one, even if he is a little scatter brained. We're looking at this as a chance to start over. It's been a rough year

[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
24-08-2016, 11:00 AM
What a mess. Sorry to see you and your family have to go through this.
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
24-08-2016, 11:05 AM (This post was last modified: 24-08-2016 11:46 AM by Anjele.)
(24-08-2016 10:59 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(24-08-2016 10:55 AM)Anjele Wrote:  At least we were able to still stay in our home though it certainly wasn't the best option. I hate that you and the family are going through this. It's devastating to have to stand by and let nature take away part, or all, of what you work so hard for.

Thanks Angie. We have a pretty good one, even if he is a little scatter brained. We're looking at this as a chance to start over. It's been a rough year

2016 has been a kick in the ass, hasn't it? Undecided

The storm here damaged over a third of the value of our home and outside property, not to mention totaling one car and nearly totaling the other. We are trying to look at it as a positive at this point. We were able to make repairs that were also upgrades to the house that we wouldn't have been able to make otherwise. The best part is that with the growth in this area and the upgrades our home value went up nearly 30% allowing us to refinance for a lower monthly payment and a shorter term. But getting there has certainly not been easy.

One day at a time...just like everything else.

[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
24-08-2016, 11:43 AM
Hug
[+] 1 user Likes Peebothuhul's post