I may need some help (trigger warning: talk of suicide)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: I may need some help (trigger warning: talk of suicide)
(09-12-2012 04:35 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 04:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Need fingers and hands to make my living, but don't need hands to hug, just need arms. Tongue
Technicalities, darling, technicalities. Cool

Yes, dear. ... Wait, you don't look like Sue. ... The fuck? Big Grin

I am us and we is me. ... bitches.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-12-2012, 05:27 PM
(09-12-2012 05:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 04:35 PM)Vera Wrote:  Technicalities, darling, technicalities. Cool

Yes, dear. ... Wait, you don't look like Sue. ... The fuck? Big Grin
The fuck, indeed!

Who the fuck is Sue? Alice's little sister?

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
09-12-2012, 05:30 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 05:36 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-12-2012 05:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 05:22 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Yes, dear. ... Wait, you don't look like Sue. ... The fuck? Big Grin
The fuck, indeed!

Who the fuck is Sue?

Someone I don't think I'd want to meet alone in a dark alley. Big Grin

09-12-2012, 05:35 PM
(09-12-2012 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 05:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  The fuck, indeed!

Who the fuck is Sue?

Someone I would not like to meet in a dark alley.
So it actually might be me.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
09-12-2012, 05:51 PM
(09-12-2012 05:35 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 05:30 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Someone I would not like to meet in a dark alley.
So it actually might be me.

It is you, by definition.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Weird that noone here said that, yet. But I would not go with the general rule of, "if he tells, he doesn't really wanna do it".
It sounds like he is depressed lately. That pretty much means that he doesn't know what he wants. If the urge gets too big, he might do it.
So yes, be there for him, but let him decide.
Although he is depressed, he might have thought about it pretty well, especially as you said that he mentioned it before.
This means that he needs someone to talk from the not depressed side. Not to talk him out if but to weigh things properly. He might only see negative things, but there may be a lot of positve things in his life, too, and he just can't see them now because he is depressed.

Having been there myself I know it is the best to let him decide. I wanted nearly did suicide, but that second, my mind suddenly was really clear and I didn't care, if I life or die, anymore, so I decided to try life a little longer. Suicide should always be only the last resort, not the Plan B for every inconvenience > Depression is an inconvenience, sorry to say that. The pros and cons have to be weighed out properly to decide on something like that, after all... There is no back.

Having said all that and by now very obviously, I am very much for everyone's right to end their lifes when and however they want (as long as noone else is being endangered). I am not one of the people that generally says that depressed people should not do it. In my opinion suicide is one way of nature to sort out those that do not function well and are no good for reproduction. I could go very much in depth with this topic (nature and sorting itself out) but for the sake of this thread I won't.
Just like Dom, I will most likely do it myself at some point. Mainly because I do not want to be kept alive with a living standard below horrible, I do not wanna be a vegetable at some point, and I do not want to just have machines turned off and I have to slowly sufficate in a hospital.
(09-12-2012 02:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(03-12-2012 04:07 PM)RexyRexaw Wrote:  On the positive side, he says he wants to do it a certain way and will have to order things off the internet, ...
Sounds like he's putting together an Exit Bag.
Not nessesarily. There are a lot of ways that require equipment. Ordering over the internet does not sound like something as simple as an Exit Bag Wink

[Image: 69p7qx.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Leela's post
09-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Thanks, Leela for re-railing this thread. Smile

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
10-12-2012, 11:04 PM (This post was last modified: 10-12-2012 11:29 PM by GirlyMan.)
(09-12-2012 06:22 PM)Leela Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 02:33 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Sounds like he's putting together an Exit Bag.
Not nessesarily. There are a lot of ways that require equipment. Ordering over the internet does not sound like something as simple as an Exit Bag Wink

Nitrogen gas asphyxiation is the only thing that make's any sense to Girly. ... Why you gonna blow your brains out when less than a minute of breathing pure nitrogen will send you on your merry way with no discomfort. ... And if somebody's there to clean up the mess it just looks like natural causes. Think me and Manly may have already discussed this.

[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM
(03-12-2012 04:07 PM)RexyRexaw Wrote:  If he does decide to go through with it, he's a 22 year old adult, there's nothing I can do but respect his choice.

I disagree with that statement. There's always something you can do to help. Further, I don't think it wise to leave life decisions up to someone who is severely depressed. When depressed humans tend to make very bad decisions. You already know your friend is in trouble or you wouldn't be calling on folks here for help. Helping your friend understand why not to do it is less like taking away someone's freedom and more like saving someone from drowning. I think it's just as inhumane to sit back and let someone kill their self as it is to watch someone drown and not help.

He needs help in any form you can lend. But it sounds like you already know this. Call an authority if need be. You know if every time he tells you he plans to do it an ambulance shows up at his door, if this is just a game he'll be disinclined to keep playing and, if not a game, at least an ambulance will be there for him.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post