I may need some help (trigger warning: talk of suicide)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-12-2012, 02:42 AM
I may need some help (trigger warning: talk of suicide)
(03-12-2012 04:07 PM)RexyRexaw Wrote:  If he does decide to go through with it, he's a 22 year old adult, there's nothing I can do but respect his choice.

I disagree with that statement. There's always something you can do to help. Further, I don't think it wise to leave life decisions up to someone who is severely depressed. When depressed humans tend to make very bad decisions. You already know your friend is in trouble or you wouldn't be calling on folks here for help. Helping your friend understand why not to do it is less like taking away someone's freedom and more like saving someone from drowning. I think it's just as inhumane to sit back and let someone kill their self as it is to watch someone drown and not help.

He needs help in any form you can lend. But it sounds like you already know this. Call an authority if need be. You know if every time he tells you he plans to do it an ambulance shows up at his door, if this is just a game he'll be disinclined to keep playing and, if not a game, at least an ambulance will be there for him.

He's not the Messiah. He's a very naughty boy! -Brian's mum
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Cardinal Smurf's post

Messages In This Thread
I may need some help (trigger warning: talk of suicide) - Cardinal Smurf - 11-12-2012 02:42 AM