I may not be safe from Zombies but Vampires, no problem!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2012, 05:07 PM
I may not be safe from Zombies but Vampires, no problem!
Went for my annual physical today. Knew there would be bloodwork involved and wanted a specific test done anyway. Fasted after midnight, water to drink this morning, early appointment...all good right?

Not so much. Three failed attempts to draw blood and we gave up. I left to have my car inspected and oil changed (its day for a physical too) and bought a liter bottle of water that I drank while that was being done. Back to the doctor with, hopefully, fluffy full veins, another failed attempt. Another nurse was brought in and was barely able to squeeze out enough for the tests, one tube short actually. My arms and hands are full of holes and bruises but apparently no damn blood. HoboWeeping

The zombies may get me, but a vampire would starve.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2012, 05:33 PM
RE: I may not be safe from Zombies but Vampires, no problem!
(19-10-2012 05:07 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Went for my annual physical today. Knew there would be bloodwork involved and wanted a specific test done anyway. Fasted after midnight, water to drink this morning, early appointment...all good right?

Not so much. Three failed attempts to draw blood and we gave up. I left to have my car inspected and oil changed (its day for a physical too) and bought a liter bottle of water that I drank while that was being done. Back to the doctor with, hopefully, fluffy full veins, another failed attempt. Another nurse was brought in and was barely able to squeeze out enough for the tests, one tube short actually. My arms and hands are full of holes and bruises but apparently no damn blood. HoboWeeping

The zombies may get me, but a vampire would starve.

Or else you are a vampire and that's why you didn't have much blood in your veins. Consider

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
19-10-2012, 06:35 PM
nah last time I had my blood taken they had to stick me in the leg because no blood came from my arms.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
19-10-2012, 07:25 PM
(19-10-2012 06:35 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  nah last time I had my blood taken they had to stick me in the leg because no blood came from my arms.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!1

I have to go the oncologist in two months...I gotta figure out how to get the blood flowing! Hobo

Obviously I would fail miserably as a junkie.

19-10-2012, 08:05 PM
also on one of the last attempts the nurse's hand slipped and the needle went through my wrist. (yes I'm that thin 180 cm with 47 kg on me)

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
19-10-2012, 08:20 PM
Thud...smelling salts please....ShockingSadcryface

20-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Wouldn't you be concerned if your blood didn't flow freely out of wounds? I would.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
20-10-2012, 10:05 AM
My sister (a nurse) would have hunted down a nice vein from you no problem. She gets this look on her face that's kinda freaky (like an all business/on a mission and won't fail) but she is always the nurse people call when the others can't get it.

I'll ask her if she has tips to get your veins plump for the next time. Smile
[+] 1 user Likes LadyJane's post
20-10-2012, 11:15 AM
Thought this was gonna be about a crop of homegrown garlic you just harvested. Drooling

Happened to me last time I got labs. First try the blood just stopped before the tube was half full and the phlebotomist had to switch arms. He was shocked 'cause I got bigass veins popping out. I was thinking to myself "Yeah, or you might just be an incompetent phlebotomist."

I've had it drawn from the tops of my hands before in the hospital when they were drawing it several times a day after my peritonitis episode. That was fun. No

As it was in the beginning is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
And I will show you something different from either
Your shadow at morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you;
I will show you fear in a handful of dust.
20-10-2012, 01:19 PM
The people in the lab at my oncologist's office could draw blood with their eyes closed, I think.

We finally did have to go in my hand. Of course the vein blew which I knew it would. I do need a really talented phlebotomist to be able to get blood without the vein collapsing or just refusing to give up anything. Now the back of my hand looks like someone hit it repeatedly with a hammer.

Any advice on how to get these veins pumping before the next time appreciated.

There was more blood on the bandage where I got the flu shot then came out of all the missed punctures. FML