I met Bill Clinton tonight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: I met Bill Clinton tonight
(12-10-2016 07:32 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 06:38 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  We had a Spanish engineer called Jesus - does he count?

Yes.

Whoopee!

But, still not converted, Jesus smoked. Ugh!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-10-2016, 07:42 AM
(12-10-2016 03:01 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(11-10-2016 08:22 PM)WillHopp Wrote:  He was stumping near my hometown tonight and I went. He came out to meet us and I shook his hand and took a great selfie with him. It's been quite a year for me. I met and shook hands with Bill, Hillary and had lunch with Richard Dawkins, too.

Bucket list material for sure.

If you have something snarky to say I don't give a shit. I met the 42nd and 45th presidents of the United States inside of three months.

Drinking Beverage

Fuck the Clintons you had lunch with Richard Dawkins?
Lucky, I'm jelly as fuck. How'd you score that?

One of my former colleagues is the CEO for his foundation and he was in town promoting his book, A Brief Candle in the Dark, so I went, got a signed book and sat with him at lunch. A nice chat and so gracious.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2016, 09:13 AM
Once while briefly working in a shoe store at the Forum Shops in Las Vegas (the mall connected to Caesars Palace), I sold shoes to Wee Man.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-10-2016, 09:30 AM
I once met Daffy Duck. After that I went to school naked, then my teeth fell out.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
12-10-2016, 10:54 AM
That's pretty neat. I've met people that've meet George W. Bush. And even if they didn't like the guy still got exsited for meting a member of history, or fame.

I work as a bellman at a hotel for 5 years. And got to meet a bunch of Celebs.

Goldberg (WWE) (jerk)
Tim Allen (Bad tipper $2 bucks for 20 large bags)
Martin Lawrence (Great tipper $20 for 2 small bags)
Tony Bennett (Nice guy, scared the shit out of him though because before his gigs he closes himself off with head phones a newspaper, so when I walked in his room to drop of his stuff he was shocked to see me there)
Gabriel Iglesias (Talked more with his pose then him)
Daniel Tosh (quiet)
Richard Anderson (Oscar Goldman from the Six Million Dollar man) (Huge asshole)
Chuck Barry (not talkative, and was kind of racist. Didn't want to talk to white people.)
Chubby Checker (the same)
And a couple of others that were famous at a time or in their own areas. Like playboy centerfolds, Japanese pop bands, or Filipino performers.

A regular we the grand daughter of Joe DiMaggio. (I know it was some relation) Huge tipper. $100 bucks anytime she saw you.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
12-10-2016, 11:03 AM
Actually met quite a few while working first as a convention porter as later as a VIP host at Mandalay Bay. It sure is interesting seeing their personalities when away from the public. Probably the most memorable was Bon Jovi. Some celebrities go out of their way to avoid all contact with people until the moment of their performance, and If they did have to interact with is made it clear they didn't see us as equals. Bon Jovi, on the other hand, was hanging out in the service hallway chatting with the staff and playing his guitar.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
12-10-2016, 11:21 AM
(12-10-2016 10:54 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  That's pretty neat. I've met people that've meet George W. Bush. And even if they didn't like the guy still got exsited for meting a member of history, or fame.

Goldberg (WWE) (jerk)
Tony Bennett (Nice guy, scared the shit out of him though because before his gigs he closes himself off with head phones a newspaper, so when I walked in his room to drop of his stuff he was shocked to see me there)
Daniel Tosh (quiet)
Chuck Barry (not talkative, and was kind of racist. Didn't want to talk to white people.)
And a couple of others that were famous at a time or in their own areas. Like playboy centerfolds, Japanese pop bands, or Filipino performers.

A regular we the grand daughter of Joe DiMaggio. (I know it was some relation) Huge tipper. $100 bucks anytime she saw you.

That's cool. Yeah, I've met hundreds of celebrities over the years as a sports journalist and I'm not one of those people that get nervous or whatever. It was just nice to meet the people I support to run this country, and in Dawkins' case, a person who made my deconversion easier.

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-10-2016, 02:58 PM
(12-10-2016 11:21 AM)WillHopp Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 10:54 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  That's pretty neat. I've met people that've meet George W. Bush. And even if they didn't like the guy still got exsited for meting a member of history, or fame.

Goldberg (WWE) (jerk)
Daniel Tosh (quiet)

That's cool. Yeah, I've met hundreds of celebrities over the years as a sports journalist and I'm not one of those people that get nervous or whatever. It was just nice to meet the people I support to run this country, and in Dawkins' case, a person who made my deconversion easier.

No, I agree with you. That would be a fun experience. I wish I could have.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 1 user Likes Commonsensei's post
12-10-2016, 03:06 PM
Richard Nixon kissed me while campaigning in Texas in '67. Not sure what else that rotten bastard did, but I trust my mom didn't let it go too far.
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-10-2016, 03:14 PM
(12-10-2016 03:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Richard Nixon kissed me while campaigning in Texas in '67. Not sure what else that rotten bastard did, but I trust my mom didn't let it go too far.

I hope you were a baby when this happened. Tongue
[+] 3 users Like pablo's post