I met Bill Clinton tonight

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-10-2016, 03:22 PM
RE: I met Bill Clinton tonight
(12-10-2016 09:13 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Once while briefly working in a shoe store at the Forum Shops in Las Vegas (the mall connected to Caesars Palace), I sold shoes to Wee Man.

Forgive my ignorance, but who the hell is Wee Man?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Grasshopper's post
12-10-2016, 03:25 PM
(12-10-2016 11:03 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Actually met quite a few while working first as a convention porter as later as a VIP host at Mandalay Bay. It sure is interesting seeing their personalities when away from the public. Probably the most memorable was Bon Jovi. Some celebrities go out of their way to avoid all contact with people until the moment of their performance, and If they did have to interact with is made it clear they didn't see us as equals. Bon Jovi, on the other hand, was hanging out in the service hallway chatting with the staff and playing his guitar.

I've never been a big fan of Bon Jovi's music (although I don't hate it either), but he does sound like a cool guy. I wish more big stars were like that. I just saw a video of Joe Pass (one of the great jazz guitarists) hanging out in a guitar shop and chatting with the customers while he was blowing their minds with his guitar playing. That was pretty cool, too.
12-10-2016, 03:27 PM
(12-10-2016 03:25 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 11:03 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Actually met quite a few while working first as a convention porter as later as a VIP host at Mandalay Bay. It sure is interesting seeing their personalities when away from the public. Probably the most memorable was Bon Jovi. Some celebrities go out of their way to avoid all contact with people until the moment of their performance, and If they did have to interact with is made it clear they didn't see us as equals. Bon Jovi, on the other hand, was hanging out in the service hallway chatting with the staff and playing his guitar.

I've never been a big fan of Bon Jovi's music (although I don't hate it either), but he does sound like a cool guy. I wish more big stars were like that. I just saw a video of Joe Pass (one of the great jazz guitarists) hanging out in a guitar shop and chatting with the customers while he was blowing their minds with his guitar playing. That was pretty cool, too.

I like his commercial music ... . "YOU KNOW WE GOT THE POWER TO TURN BACK TIME!" Smartass

Check out my now-defunct atheism blog. It's just a blog, no ads, no revenue, no gods.
----
Atheism promotes critical thinking; theism promotes hypocritical thinking. -- Me
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes WillHopp's post
12-10-2016, 04:24 PM
(12-10-2016 03:14 PM)pablo Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 03:06 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Richard Nixon kissed me while campaigning in Texas in '67. Not sure what else that rotten bastard did, but I trust my mom didn't let it go too far.

I hope you were a baby when this happened. Tongue

Is it enough to say I didn't enjoy it?
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-10-2016, 04:28 PM
As for people I've really met, Elliot Easton from the Cars is a great guy. Gave me about ten minutes after a show in Ventura, we got to talk long enough to actually get past the "holy shit, I love your playing" thing and talk guitar stuff. He most likely doesn't remember it, but I sure do -- if I ever luck into a big gig, I'll remember that offstage moment.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
12-10-2016, 04:41 PM
(12-10-2016 04:28 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  As for people I've really met, Elliot Easton from the Cars is a great guy. Gave me about ten minutes after a show in Ventura, we got to talk long enough to actually get past the "holy shit, I love your playing" thing and talk guitar stuff. He most likely doesn't remember it, but I sure do -- if I ever luck into a big gig, I'll remember that offstage moment.

I've never met anybody like that (at least not among musicians), but I remember going to a concert many many many years ago featuring Robin Trower and Wishbone Ash, with a band called The Stampeders opening for them. We had seats right next to the soundboard, and before the concert, we were talking with some guy who was hanging out by the board. We knew all about the two headliners, but were unfamiliar with The Stampeders. We asked him if they were any good, and he told us to watch the bass player. It turned out that he was the bass player.

Laugh out load
12-10-2016, 05:04 PM
Sounds like a bassist to me, you gotta get a little ass where you can!
12-10-2016, 05:14 PM
(12-10-2016 03:22 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 09:13 AM)yakherder Wrote:  Once while briefly working in a shoe store at the Forum Shops in Las Vegas (the mall connected to Caesars Palace), I sold shoes to Wee Man.

Forgive my ignorance, but who the hell is Wee Man?

Behold...

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
12-10-2016, 05:27 PM
I fond your Richard Dawkins as us president prediction a great idea

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
12-10-2016, 07:17 PM
(12-10-2016 06:38 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  
(12-10-2016 06:13 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  But have you met Jesus?
We had a Spanish engineer called Jesus - does he count?

Only until he hits double figures... Boom tish!

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.