I might work with racists...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2016, 07:59 PM
I might work with racists...
So today at work this huge black guy, African American? I'm not sure what to call him except angry.. Came into my job. He was pissed because a month ago he came and paid an account and not even a day later they garnished the account owner (he paid extremely late for whoever owns the account and we already started the legal stuff) anyway he came in being really loud and rude, cussing at us nearly yelling. He wanted his money back. We told him what he has to do.. It nearly escalated enough to call the police. After he left, my manager and the other girl got to talking. The manager said next time you tell him what you're comfortable with (leave, I'll call the police, we can't disclose this information) and when things cooled down the manager made a horrible, unbelievable joke. She said "I tried to get a black man shot today and it didn't work, (insert city here) police suck"
Really??
There are no cameras in the office at all. No way to prove she said it. They both laughed.. She texted another manager telling them her little joke. I'm sitting in my seat completely faced away with this horrible feeling in my stomach. My whole body had chills.. The fact that they could joke about it.
There's nothing I can do about it.. I don't think anyway without losing my job. But I believe I'm going to start looking for another place to work,
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 08:04 PM
RE: I might work with racists...
I suggest you avoid the offensive joke thread.
[+] 4 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
12-07-2016, 08:06 PM
(12-07-2016 08:04 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I suggest you avoid the offensive joke thread.

.. It's not just that, I can take a joke but she's already said she doesn't want to hire black people because she doesn't know when they'll go ghetto. It's not a joke. It's the real deal.
12-07-2016, 08:07 PM
Yeah, that's a shitty feeling.
12-07-2016, 08:08 PM
Maybe the joke concerned current events?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
12-07-2016, 08:12 PM
Was it these people?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/my-ances...n-america/

Quote:‘My ancestors owned your ass’: Angry Texas couple yells black teen ‘does not belong in America’

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
12-07-2016, 08:16 PM
(12-07-2016 08:06 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 08:04 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  I suggest you avoid the offensive joke thread.

.. It's not just that, I can take a joke but she's already said she doesn't want to hire black people because she doesn't know when they'll go ghetto. It's not a joke. It's the real deal.

she's an asshole then. guess it depends on how much you want/need the job. theres no guarantee the next job wont have racists too though
12-07-2016, 08:20 PM
(12-07-2016 08:16 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 08:06 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  .. It's not just that, I can take a joke but she's already said she doesn't want to hire black people because she doesn't know when they'll go ghetto. It's not a joke. It's the real deal.

she's an asshole then. guess it depends on how much you want/need the job. theres no guarantee the next job wont have racists too though

I've just never dealt with it so bad..
Am I too sensitive? Lol
12-07-2016, 08:21 PM
(12-07-2016 08:12 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Was it these people?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/my-ances...n-america/

Quote:‘My ancestors owned your ass’: Angry Texas couple yells black teen ‘does not belong in America’

That's horrible
12-07-2016, 08:21 PM
It's unfortunate when good people are stereotyped as other than good, yes.