I might work with racists...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-07-2016, 08:23 PM
RE: I might work with racists...
(12-07-2016 08:20 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 08:16 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  she's an asshole then. guess it depends on how much you want/need the job. theres no guarantee the next job wont have racists too though

I've just never dealt with it so bad..
Am I too sensitive? Lol

id say thats for you to decide. it wouldnt bother me much. i get up in the morning accepting that i am going to encounter scumbags throughout my day. i have a high tolerance for bullshit.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-07-2016, 08:31 PM
(12-07-2016 08:23 PM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 08:20 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I've just never dealt with it so bad..
Am I too sensitive? Lol

id say thats for you to decide. it wouldnt bother me much. i get up in the morning accepting that i am going to encounter scumbags throughout my day. i have a high tolerance for bullshit.

Hmm well like I said I've never really witnessed it so bad. So maybe I'm not so sensitive just not used to it.. She did tell me I live in a fairy tale world today..
12-07-2016, 08:33 PM
(12-07-2016 08:12 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Was it these people?

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/my-ances...n-america/

Quote:‘My ancestors owned your ass’: Angry Texas couple yells black teen ‘does not belong in America’

Why didn't the black people just ignore those guys? They look like they are down on their luck. Basically powerless. Short of threatening to shoot me, I would not dignify their racism with attention.

We have to remember that what we observe is not nature herself, but nature exposed to our method of questioning ~ Werner Heisenberg
12-07-2016, 09:11 PM
That's the problem with racism-- it makes no sense.

What did the dude being black have to do with anything?

Nearly every anecdote I see says that the most annoying customers, almost across the board, are middle-aged, middle/upper-class white women with short haircuts who feel entitled to special treatment, and get belligerent when denied that special consideration... or the "I demand to speak to a manager!" crowd, as they're called.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 2 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
12-07-2016, 09:14 PM
(12-07-2016 07:59 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So today at work this huge black guy, African American? I'm not sure what to call him except angry.. Came into my job. He was pissed because a month ago he came and paid an account and not even a day later they garnished the account owner (he paid extremely late for whoever owns the account and we already started the legal stuff) anyway he came in being really loud and rude, cussing at us nearly yelling. He wanted his money back. We told him what he has to do.. It nearly escalated enough to call the police. After he left, my manager and the other girl got to talking. The manager said next time you tell him what you're comfortable with (leave, I'll call the police, we can't disclose this information) and when things cooled down the manager made a horrible, unbelievable joke. She said "I tried to get a black man shot today and it didn't work, (insert city here) police suck"
Really??
There are no cameras in the office at all. No way to prove she said it. They both laughed.. She texted another manager telling them her little joke. I'm sitting in my seat completely faced away with this horrible feeling in my stomach. My whole body had chills.. The fact that they could joke about it.
There's nothing I can do about it.. I don't think anyway without losing my job. But I believe I'm going to start looking for another place to work,

Might?!?!?!? Ohmy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
13-07-2016, 05:15 PM
(12-07-2016 08:31 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Hmm well like I said I've never really witnessed it so bad. So maybe I'm not so sensitive just not used to it.. She did tell me I live in a fairy tale world today..

Wrong Answer: "Oh my god! You're right! In *my* world you aren't a cowardly bigot!"

Satisfying but pretty much guaranteed to get you fired.

Aside from demonstrating a complete lack of spine, the racial sensitivities of a 17th century plantation owner, and a workplace ethic that would make Joseph Goebbles proud that comment wasn't even funny. If you're going to compromise everything else you should at least have a decent punchline.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 1 user Likes Paleophyte's post
13-07-2016, 08:38 PM
(12-07-2016 07:59 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So today at work this huge black guy, African American? I'm not sure what to call him except angry.. Came into my job. He was pissed because a month ago he came and paid an account and not even a day later they garnished the account owner (he paid extremely late for whoever owns the account and we already started the legal stuff) anyway he came in being really loud and rude, cussing at us nearly yelling. He wanted his money back. We told him what he has to do.. It nearly escalated enough to call the police. After he left, my manager and the other girl got to talking. The manager said next time you tell him what you're comfortable with (leave, I'll call the police, we can't disclose this information) and when things cooled down the manager made a horrible, unbelievable joke. She said "I tried to get a black man shot today and it didn't work, (insert city here) police suck"
Really??
There are no cameras in the office at all. No way to prove she said it. They both laughed.. She texted another manager telling them her little joke. I'm sitting in my seat completely faced away with this horrible feeling in my stomach. My whole body had chills.. The fact that they could joke about it.
There's nothing I can do about it.. I don't think anyway without losing my job. But I believe I'm going to start looking for another place to work,

Gross. *shudder*

Is it a large enough workplace to have an HR department?
13-07-2016, 08:48 PM
(13-07-2016 08:38 PM)I Am Wrote:  
Really??

Gross. *shudder*

Is it a large enough workplace to have an HR department?

theres a total of 3 of us in one office.