I miss Spectre.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-03-2012, 11:24 AM
RE: I miss Spectre.
I was a big collector growing up. I focused mainly on Image comics though, was not a fan of DC and like some Marvel (Spiderman, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, etc.).

But Image comics had the coolest new characters, glossy paper, and edgy/violent stories. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-03-2012, 10:16 PM (This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 10:18 PM by Erxomai.)
(06-03-2012 10:03 AM)lucradis Wrote:  Only people unfamiliar with comic books would say that proudly.
Once upon a time ago reading regular books made you a geek too, and some people still think that.

Do me a favor though Germany, read just one series for me. It's only 66 issues long. It's called Preacher. Might just enjoy it.

Yeah, Tim. You'd like Preacher...lots of creepiness and blood and guts.
(06-03-2012 11:24 AM)kineo Wrote:  I was a big collector growing up. I focused mainly on Image comics though, was not a fan of DC and like some Marvel (Spiderman, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, etc.).

But Image comics had the coolest new characters, glossy paper, and edgy/violent stories. Big Grin

Image, when it first started was awesome because it was started by all the best artists and writers in the business. But it also kind of bugged me that my two favorite Amazing Spider-man artists, Todd McFarlane and Erik Larsen left Marvel to go draw new, weird characters. I bought the first few story arcs of Spawn and Savage Dragon, but I just never could get hooked on them like my classic favorites.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
07-06-2012, 10:03 PM
(05-03-2012 09:45 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  He's a cool dude. Wish he would come back.

Sad
I still lurk every once in a while, but I've been really busy with a new job the last couple of months. Thanks for thinking of me though. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you my facebook page.

(05-03-2012 11:23 PM)lucradis Wrote:  The forum member I would imagine has converted.
This is wishful thinking. Big Grin

"But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:" Peter 3:15

http://www.answersforhope.org
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Spectre's post