I must brag...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2013, 04:19 PM
RE: I must brag...
Mom, (damn I am far to old to call you that but I did not want to spell out the whole thing). I am 66 years old and still remember how in the 2nd or 3rd grade (give me a break that was a long time ago) I started out in the lowest reading group and within a few weeks I was in the highest reading group. I was so proud of how fast I advanced that these some 60 years later I remember.

Keep up the encouragement and build on it. He has made a leap that he should be proud of and it may, as mine did, inform the rest of his life.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
11-06-2013, 04:39 PM
(11-06-2013 04:12 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 04:11 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes! I do this Italian style breaded chicken that he likes a lot. He also loves these mashed potatoes I make...so yea I'm making those too. And already made him a red velvet cake from scratch and cream cheese frosting!

Tomorrow I'll make him pancakes for breakfast (that's the tradition first day of summer breakfast).

Why can't I be your child? ;( delicious!

I'd totally adopt ya! What's one more boy when I'm thoroughly out numbered and surrounded...
Drinking Beverage Big Grin

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-06-2013, 04:40 PM
(11-06-2013 04:14 PM)nach_in Wrote:  With a mom like you it's not a surprise, he's just responding to a clearly awesome environment, nothing to be proud of Drinking Beverage

Wink

thanks! Heart

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
11-06-2013, 04:41 PM
(11-06-2013 04:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 04:12 PM)Atothetheist Wrote:  Why can't I be your child? ;( delicious!

I'd totally adopt ya! What's one more boy when I'm thoroughly out numbered and surrounded...

Adopt me, too! Clap Banana_zorro

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-06-2013, 04:42 PM
(11-06-2013 04:19 PM)JAH Wrote:  Mom, (damn I am far to old to call you that but I did not want to spell out the whole thing). I am 66 years old and still remember how in the 2nd or 3rd grade (give me a break that was a long time ago) I started out in the lowest reading group and within a few weeks I was in the highest reading group. I was so proud of how fast I advanced that these some 60 years later I remember.

Keep up the encouragement and build on it. He has made a leap that he should be proud of and it may, as mine did, inform the rest of his life.

Thanks! It means a lot.

You can always just call me 'msbb' too. Wink

11-06-2013, 04:42 PM
It's so cool to see your kids recognized for their efforts. And when it's a child that is beating the odds, it's even better.

Hope you get him a nice frame for his award and display it to remind him of what he can do!

What time's supper...I'll go gas up my car.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
11-06-2013, 04:49 PM
I'm happy for you, Moms. I'd be proud, too!! Big Grin
I'm really happy for your lil' man. All that applause. So cool! Thumbsup

[+] 1 user Likes TheGulegon's post
11-06-2013, 04:50 PM
(11-06-2013 04:41 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(11-06-2013 04:39 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'd totally adopt ya! What's one more boy when I'm thoroughly out numbered and surrounded...

Adopt me, too! Clap Banana_zorro

Ato took the last bedroom. There is the top bunk in the "award winner's" room still available. Unless you can convince Ato to share the queen size bed. Wink

11-06-2013, 04:52 PM
(11-06-2013 04:42 PM)Anjele Wrote:  It's so cool to see your kids recognized for their efforts. And when it's a child that is beating the odds, it's even better.

Hope you get him a nice frame for his award and display it to remind him of what he can do!

What time's supper...I'll go gas up my car.

I am going to get a frame! Lol. Husband was sorry he missed it (he was still in bed when I left -- he works nights).

Dinner bell rings at 7. Don't be late!

11-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Ato is collecting quite the number of adoptive moms!

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post