I must brag...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2013, 07:07 PM
RE: I must brag...
(11-06-2013 03:54 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  My son who's in the 7th grade is on the spectrum for autism. He's had a lot of issues.

When he began middle school he was considered a "non" reader -- meaning his reading level was effectively below a first grade level.

This year he's moved up to nearly a 3-4th grade level! His math skills are nearly on target too. As his reading improves so does his math skills.

The reason I'm writing this is because yesterday the school called explaining that he'd be receiving an award. Teachers nominate students who have demonstrated a passion for learning and academic achievement. They call it a student of the year award. 10 students from 3 grades and nearly 1000 kids!

Because he's overcame so many obstacles and excelled and shows real passion for learning. He was one of the kids given this award! What really amazed me...when the principal called his name....the kids all yelled and applauded (they were told to twice already to keep quiet until all the names were called). After kids were patting him on the back and congratulating him. I found that to be even more amazing. I always worried about kids picking on him or something but they all genuinely seem to like him.

He also made the honor roll (yes they do grade him a little differently).

I'm soooo proud of him!

The kid's dun good. Give him a present or something.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
12-06-2013, 04:29 AM
Hug

Although I got a buncha awards in school and my mother had nothing to do with it. Angel

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
16-06-2013, 08:24 PM
Thanks everyone!!

Heart

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

Find all posts by this user