I must have bad breath.....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-09-2010, 11:47 AM
I must have bad breath.....
....Once again, the Jehovahs Witnesses have paid me a visit. Unfortunately, once again, I don't think they will take me up on my invitation to come back for another chat any time soon. It seems every time we meet, it's someone new. Last time I was visited was a couple years ago at my old house. It couldn't be that once they know where I live they stop coming could it? I thought we had a nice talk. I mean shit, I even thanked them as they were leaving for helping me to affirm my decision to be an atheist, and politely asked them to stop by any time. I felt great after they left. I felt as though my decisions on morality were the right ones for me, and I would imagine they felt the same. Sadly, the look on their faces as they left told a different story. They seemed distraught, as though my informing them of the atrocities in the bible were not as enlightening as I thought they would be. It seemed as though when I explained to them that the bible tells us to stone to death any known homosexual, they were less than impressed with my knowledge of their holy book. And when confronted with the question, "do you have your church leader sacrifice a dove every time you mensturate", they appeared outright angry! Was this too personal a question? I wouldn't think so, considering they were asking me questions about how I was raising my children. When such an intimate, familiar topic was brought up, I could only assume they would be happy to discuss their own personal practices. Was I wrong to assume this??

Alas, I fear their visits will end. Or at least not happen again until they forget who I am.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2010, 12:09 PM

RE: I must have bad breath.....
This reminds me of the meeting between Julia Sweeny and the JWs (or was it Mormons?). Both stories are very entertaining!
Quote this message in a reply
13-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Kudos to you for giving them a taste of their own medicine. And, when someone comes into your house to question your parenting skills, or even your taste in decor, there are no limits on what you can ask them.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
13-09-2010, 03:14 PM
Ever done this sort of thing with Salesmen?
It works pretty much the same way, but you point out why your broadband is faster than what they can offer or why your microwave suits you because the old fashioned dial is easier for your girl to use.
But ya I drifting off to bullshit again sorry xD

But ya ok. I had it with people in the streets trying to talk to me about religion. They ask all sorts of personal stuff. A catholic once even blurted at me in the middle of a city centre "Do you masturbate?" when I stopped to get one of the leaflets he was handing out.
Usually it's not so bad, things like "Do you own a bible?" and "Where do you get your morals from?"
But it's fruitless to think they won't get offended by the same type of question xD

[Image: sigone_zps207cf92c.png]

Leonard Nimoy
1931-2015
Live long and prosper.
13-09-2010, 04:00 PM
Quote:They ask all sorts of personal stuff. A catholic once even blurted at me in the middle of a city centre "Do you masturbate?" when I stopped to get one of the leaflets he was handing out.

The proper response to this is to shake the person's hand and say "yes, yes I do. In fact, I was doing so in my pocket just before you asked.". Make sure you have a firm grip.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
13-09-2010, 05:56 PM

(13-09-2010 04:00 PM)BnW Wrote:  
Quote:They ask all sorts of personal stuff. A catholic once even blurted at me in the middle of a city centre "Do you masturbate?" when I stopped to get one of the leaflets he was handing out.

The proper response to this is to shake the person's hand and say "yes, yes I do. In fact, I was doing so in my pocket just before you asked.". Make sure you have a firm grip.
Big Grin lmao.
13-09-2010, 07:15 PM

(13-09-2010 05:56 PM)Sunshine Wrote:  
(13-09-2010 04:00 PM)BnW Wrote:  

Big Grin lmao.

Let me improve this slightly. "yes, yes I do. In fact, I was doing so through the hole in my right pocket just before you asked." Make sure you're shaking with your right hand.
13-09-2010, 11:14 PM
Last time I encountered Jehovah's Witnesses, I asked them how they could belong to a religion that was started by a proven con artist. Of course I got the usual gooble-de-gook for an answer. The last thing they said to me was "there is a god," to which I replied, "if there is he sure isn't your god." Hopefully, if I get another chance, I will use your ideas to make the conversation a little more interesting.

A while ago I encountereed a hippie type lady who started to ask me if I believe in jesus. I asked her what language jesus spoke and she didn't know. I asked her how could she know anything about someone if she didn't know what language that person spoke. She asked me if that was important. (Duh). So I asked her what language Adolph Hitler spoke. She said German and I said, "you just proved that you know more about Adolph Hitler than you know about jesus, so don't try to tell me about jesus."