I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 12:28 AM
RE: I must leave
(06-07-2016 12:23 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 12:22 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Rep system isn't really a speech system, it's really just a way to tell someone you like them or hate them, posts and private messages are the real speech systems.

So your saying telling someone you like or hate them isn't speech? Come on.

Which you can easily do in a pm or in a post. You are not missing anything but not being able to rep.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like JDog554's post
06-07-2016, 12:41 AM
(06-07-2016 12:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 05:04 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  How so, or is that just an opinion? From this thread and its parent, it would seem there is 100% free speech on this forum.

How can this be a 100% free speech forum when a minority group, the negged repped, are banned from using one of its speech features(the rep system)?

Again, I don't have a problem with the rules. Its a private forum and the owners/operators have no obligation whatsoever to cater to my speech needs. My beef is when people make the claim this is a free speech forum. Lets at least be honest and recognize that it isn't. Its free speech for some, restricted for others.

Kinda like, you know, the real world. What's your beef again?
06-07-2016, 12:43 AM
(05-07-2016 03:58 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The power is YOURS! Enjoy the world foxy, truthfully.

You can also try Atheist forums dot org, I think they ban folks quicker or atheism+ communities, though I think they forum disbanded last year out of little use.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Atheistforums.org has a very wide speech latitude too...but I did get banned from there. Moderator Esquilax sent me a PM basically telling me I was a piece of shit. I replied with my own PM explaining that he was a piece of shit. He then claimed I sent him a flame PM out of the blue and that got me banned.

Now I am not saying Esquilax lied. I hadn't logged onto to that site in a while. He probably sent that PM a month before I saw it and responded to it....so to him it may have looked like I was flaming him out of the blue.

I don't really care that they banned me. It is there forum not mine. They could ban me simply because they did not like me and I would be okay with that. However I asked CD to at least set the record straight in the ban log as to what actually happened there but he would have none of it. So while they are pretty good from a speech standpoint. I give them a thumbs down on integrity.
06-07-2016, 12:45 AM
(06-07-2016 12:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 12:23 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  So your saying telling someone you like or hate them isn't speech? Come on.

Which you can easily do in a pm or in a post. You are not missing anything but not being able to rep.

A rep and a post or PM are not the same thing. If they were Girlyman wouldn't have been so butthurt when I went on my "neg repp rampage".

If the rep system is inconsequential, then there is no good reason from banning a minority group from having access to it.
06-07-2016, 12:49 AM
(06-07-2016 12:23 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 12:22 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Rep system isn't really a speech system, it's really just a way to tell someone you like them or hate them, posts and private messages are the real speech systems.

So your saying telling someone you like or hate them isn't speech? Come on.

Would you like some cheese with your whine? Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
06-07-2016, 03:23 AM
(06-07-2016 12:43 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 03:58 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  The power is YOURS! Enjoy the world foxy, truthfully.

You can also try Atheist forums dot org, I think they ban folks quicker or atheism+ communities, though I think they forum disbanded last year out of little use.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Atheistforums.org has a very wide speech latitude too...but I did get banned from there. Moderator Esquilax sent me a PM basically telling me I was a piece of shit. I replied with my own PM explaining that he was a piece of shit. He then claimed I sent him a flame PM out of the blue and that got me banned.

Now I am not saying Esquilax lied. I hadn't logged onto to that site in a while. He probably sent that PM a month before I saw it and responded to it....so to him it may have looked like I was flaming him out of the blue.

I don't really care that they banned me. It is there forum not mine. They could ban me simply because they did not like me and I would be okay with that. However I asked CD to at least set the record straight in the ban log as to what actually happened there but he would have none of it. So while they are pretty good from a speech standpoint. I give them a thumbs down on integrity.

Well interestingly as you concern yourself over the rep system here in regards to freedom of speech. It's qasi notable there are many people on this board who have had long forum presences while being negative repped though having expressed or noticeable same name accounts at the AForg site where they were banned though lasted long times here never being banned though in some cases eventually being so.

These were also mainly expressed non religious posters, just posters of particular antagonistic posting mentalities, folks like IandI, resrepublic, etc. It's mainly the same behaviors that got them negged here while there they were banned. They may have neg rep limited rep giving whatever that entails but they weren't limited in posting or creating threads, I think that's only been done in rare exceptions to be given to special cases like with Mr. Woof.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
06-07-2016, 03:38 AM
(06-07-2016 12:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  A rep and a post or PM are not the same thing. If they were Girlyman wouldn't have been so butthurt when I went on my "neg repp rampage".

If the rep system is inconsequential, then there is no good reason from banning a minority group from having access to it.

Personally, I think it ought to be earned. I went on my "neg repp rampage"
Case in point.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
06-07-2016, 05:20 AM
(06-07-2016 12:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 12:28 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Which you can easily do in a pm or in a post. You are not missing anything but not being able to rep.

A rep and a post or PM are not the same thing. If they were Girlyman wouldn't have been so butthurt when I went on my "neg repp rampage".

I'm still trying to understand the impact here.

But, FWIW, I sort of agree with you. Not that the ability to rep impact speech, but that it matters. If it didn't matter, then having a neg rep wouldn't prevent you from repping others.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-07-2016, 06:07 AM
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  And I doubt I shall return.

There is something very wrong with this forum.

It allows for other individuals to be personally bullied to the point where they can be called any derogatory name allowed.

That is not free speech. That is idiocy blanketed by a term about which this forum is clearly oblivious.

Gasp

The forum moderators = Hobo

I have enough sense to leave a forum with no sense.

Except you're still lurking. Consider

How can we miss you if you won't actually go?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
06-07-2016, 06:13 AM
(06-07-2016 06:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  And I doubt I shall return.

There is something very wrong with this forum.

It allows for other individuals to be personally bullied to the point where they can be called any derogatory name allowed.

That is not free speech. That is idiocy blanketed by a term about which this forum is clearly oblivious.

Gasp

The forum moderators = Hobo

I have enough sense to leave a forum with no sense.

Except you're still lurking. Consider

How can we miss you if you won't actually go?

HUh??

Did somebody leave???

I don't miss him already..

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.