I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 06:40 AM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 06:46 AM by jennybee.)
RE: I must leave
(06-07-2016 06:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  And I doubt I shall return.

There is something very wrong with this forum.

It allows for other individuals to be personally bullied to the point where they can be called any derogatory name allowed.

That is not free speech. That is idiocy blanketed by a term about which this forum is clearly oblivious.

Gasp

The forum moderators = Hobo

I have enough sense to leave a forum with no sense.

Except you're still lurking. Consider

How can we miss you if you won't actually go?

You said the same thing to me when I said I was taking a break Tongue I was no longer posting on the forum but was still logged in. I stayed a bit after my taking a break thread because several people were sending me Pm's and I was finishing up some replies. Maybe that is what he/she is doing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2016, 07:05 AM
(06-07-2016 12:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How can this be a 100% free speech forum when a minority group, the negged repped, are banned from using one of its speech features(the rep system)?

Again, I don't have a problem with the rules. Its a private forum and the owners/operators have no obligation whatsoever to cater to my speech needs. My beef is when people make the claim this is a free speech forum. Lets at least be honest and recognize that it isn't. Its free speech for some, restricted for others.

Rule number one is: "Don't be a dick".

You were a dick and went on a neg rep spree. Hence you can't rep anymore. You are lucky you are not standing in the corner wearing a dunce hat and facing the walls.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 7 users Like Dom's post
06-07-2016, 08:55 AM
(06-07-2016 06:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 06:07 AM)Chas Wrote:  Except you're still lurking. Consider

How can we miss you if you won't actually go?

You said the same thing to me when I said I was taking a break Tongue I was no longer posting on the forum but was still logged in. I stayed a bit after my taking a break thread because several people were sending me Pm's and I was finishing up some replies. Maybe that is what he/she is doing.

You said you needed a break; you didn't flounce off in disgust at the mores of the forum.

However, it's from a song and I just find it funny.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-07-2016, 11:26 AM
(06-07-2016 08:55 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 06:40 AM)jennybee Wrote:  You said the same thing to me when I said I was taking a break Tongue I was no longer posting on the forum but was still logged in. I stayed a bit after my taking a break thread because several people were sending me Pm's and I was finishing up some replies. Maybe that is what he/she is doing.

You said you needed a break; you didn't flounce off in disgust at the mores of the forum.

However, it's from a song and I just find it funny.

We've all flounced at least once in our lives (maybe not on the forum, but irl) Wink I know I have (maybe not here, but irl). Everyone overreacts sometimes. It's human nature. I don't think Foxen deserves a public stoning for the flounce. He/she was operating out of emotion. It happens.
[+] 3 users Like jennybee's post
06-07-2016, 01:01 PM
(05-07-2016 01:25 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't have a problem with the rule philosophically because this is a private site and the owners/operators should be free to set the rules as they see fit.
Perfectly accurate summation. But the right of free speech does not permit you to call everybody who disagrees with your opinions "assholes". Nor does it sanction your repeated use of ad hominems in every second one of your posts. Free speech is intended to allow the free and frank exchange of meaningful ideas, propositions, and theories about us and the world we live in—and not a one-man platform for schoolboy tantrums and name-calling.

Quote:I do get a little "butthurt" when people take the position that we all have free speech here because that simply isn't true.
I'm actually rather pleased you are a "little butthurt" on this forum; it only serves to confirm that our numerous criticisms of your nonsensical comments have proved our point. Plus the fact that you have one of the greatest negative reps should be telling you something. I suggest you read about the the Dunning-Kruger effect which is a cognitive bias in which inept individuals suffer illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is. In 1999 David Dunning and Justin Kruger attributed this bias to a meta-cognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately.

Quote:If being a fucking asshole means you shouldn't be able to rep, then most of you shouldn't be able to rep.
This is a perfect example of what I meant about your petulant, inappropriate behaviour. It seems that you're unable to carry on any sort of purposeful adult dialogue should someone else even dare [sic] to critique your opinions—self-centred as they are.

You also show a dysfunctional use of the English language, in that you seem to utilise the word "fuck" and its derivatives repeatedly, in a failed effort to make your point—as weak as it usually is—more incisive.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 5 users Like SYZ's post
06-07-2016, 03:15 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 03:25 PM by GirlyMan.)
(06-07-2016 12:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(05-07-2016 05:04 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  How so, or is that just an opinion? From this thread and its parent, it would seem there is 100% free speech on this forum.

How can this be a 100% free speech forum when a minority group, the negged repped, are banned from using one of its speech features(the rep system)?

I forgive you for not being a decent enough human being for anyone to even give a shit what your opinion of them or anybody else is.

#sigh
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-07-2016, 03:25 PM
(06-07-2016 07:05 AM)Dom Wrote:  You were a dick and went on a neg rep spree. Hence you can't rep anymore. You are lucky you are not standing in the corner wearing a dunce hat and facing the walls.

It is not fun. No

[Image: dunce_cap.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-07-2016, 03:48 PM
(06-07-2016 01:01 PM)SYZ Wrote:  I suggest you read about the the Dunning-Kruger effect which is a cognitive bias in which inept individuals suffer illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability to be much higher than it really is. In 1999 David Dunning and Justin Kruger attributed this bias to a meta-cognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their own ineptitude and evaluate their own ability accurately.

This graph describes my learning/confidence curve on a singular subject to a tee. After years of study and observation I think I’m finally on the upswing, but then I have no idea if my self-evaluation is accurate. Weeping

[Image: screenshot_799.png]

Cool

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
06-07-2016, 03:59 PM
I must leave
For the record. I don't care what anyone here thinks of me with the exception to Girly.

Now if Girly hated me my world would shatter.
06-07-2016, 04:11 PM
(06-07-2016 03:59 PM)KUSA Wrote:  For the record. I don't care what anyone here thinks of me with the exception to Girly.

Now if Girly hated me my world would shatter.

What the fuck did you do to go negative again?

#sigh