I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-07-2016, 06:13 PM
RE: I must leave
(06-07-2016 01:01 PM)SYZ Wrote:  But the right of free speech does not permit you to call everybody who disagrees with your opinions "assholes". Nor does it sanction your repeated use of ad hominems in every second one of your posts. Free speech is intended to allow the free and frank exchange of meaningful ideas, propositions, and theories about us and the world we live in—and not a one-man platform for schoolboy tantrums and name-calling.

Free speech, as a legal concept, does not apply here, firstly. It is a private forum and not a government entity.

Secondly, the occasional attack on another member is permitted, obviously. I've been on the receiving on of some myself, and I've certainly laid a few. Assholes like Muffsy and Heywood earn their treatment, so far as I'm concerned. Even were it against the rules I still wouldn't report the post in question. I'd fire back in a manner that both comports with the rules and displays a better nature to the readers, if I felt it right. An attack need not broach the private rules of this private forum, and this private forum is not bound by governmental strictures.

Anyone butthurt by getting their change in the coin tendered should perhaps consider the wisdom of the currency they're using. Or, they can look for the therapy room, it's the next door on the left. That's all I got.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
06-07-2016, 06:19 PM
(06-07-2016 06:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Free speech, as a legal concept, does not apply here, firstly. It is a private forum and not a government entity.

Anything else tonight short of winning the lottery will fall desperately short of how much this made me smile. I hate when people scream "free speech" and it's a private place, not the government.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Shai Hulud's post
06-07-2016, 06:23 PM (This post was last modified: 06-07-2016 07:14 PM by Anjele.)
Muffs actually does not belong in the same category as Heywood. Muffs actually cares about this forum and some of the people here.

While his delivery is often quite direct it is also quite often on the mark. He 'gets' this forum and many of the people here.

Try reading some of Muff's posts between the lines.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 7 users Like Anjele's post
06-07-2016, 07:16 PM
I have nothing to add, but just wanted to highlight that I got another rep point.

Rep points are fucking awesome again. Because I just got one.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 5 users Like BnW's post
06-07-2016, 07:27 PM
(06-07-2016 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Muffs actually does not belong in the same category as Heyward. Muffs actually cares about this forum and some of the people here.

While his delivery is often quite direct it is also quite often on the mark. He 'gets' this forum and many of the people here.

Try reading some of Muff's posts between the lines.

I don't have much experience with HJ, but Muffs with rep 124 and HJ with rep -49 tells a tale of who may fit this environment. I've had jobs that were a bad fit. I left them. Same goes for a forum. I've left forums that I didn't fit into, one of which happened to be atheist. That's life.
[+] 3 users Like Fireball's post
06-07-2016, 07:29 PM
(06-07-2016 07:16 PM)BnW Wrote:  I have nothing to add, but just wanted to highlight that I got another rep point.

Rep points are fucking awesome again. Because I just got one.

I'm jealous. I will go pout now. Confused

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
06-07-2016, 07:43 PM
(06-07-2016 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He 'gets' this forum and many of the people here.

Don't mean he ain't a cunt.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
06-07-2016, 07:48 PM
(06-07-2016 07:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 06:23 PM)Anjele Wrote:  He 'gets' this forum and many of the people here.

Don't mean he ain't a cunt.

Umhmmm...everyone has a role to play here GirlyBob.

06-07-2016, 08:18 PM
I must leave
(06-07-2016 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 04:30 PM)KUSA Wrote:  What the hell is the naughty list?

A list of members headed to a variety of different sentences.
[Image: sybian_1.jpg]

That thing looks scary. What does it feel like?

Seriously, what the hell is the naughty list?
06-07-2016, 08:23 PM
(06-07-2016 08:18 PM)KUSA Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 05:21 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  A list of members headed to a variety of different sentences.
[Image: sybian_1.jpg]

That thing looks scary. What does it feel like?

Seriously, what the hell is the naughty list?

im assuming its similar to a shit list.