I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 05:30 AM
RE: I must leave
(06-07-2016 04:37 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 12:15 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  My beef is when people make the claim this is a free speech forum. Lets at least be honest and recognize that it isn't. Its free speech for some, restricted for others.

Wrong again! You have free 100% speech. What you do not have is the ability to utilize some tools. This is akin to securing a permit.

Akin to securing a permit? Really?

So if some homophobic mayor denies a the local LBTG group a permit to hold a gay pride parade....He isn't infringing on that groups free speech? Bullshit.

This is a discriminatory forum because it denies features to a minority group. This is a fact and it shouldn't be up for debate.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 05:32 AM
"Asshole" isn't a minority group.

It's an individual.

Individuals don't get minority protection.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 6 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-07-2016, 05:35 AM
Heywood I am a little surprised. You used to wear your neg rep like some sort of badge of honor. You seemed to enjoy being generally disliked around here and put great effort into staying so.

What changed?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-07-2016, 05:38 AM
I must leave
(07-07-2016 05:30 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 04:37 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  Wrong again! You have free 100% speech. What you do not have is the ability to utilize some tools. This is akin to securing a permit.

Akin to securing a permit? Really?

So if some homophobic mayor denies a the local LBTG group a permit to hold a gay pride parade....He isn't infringing on that groups free speech? Bullshit.

This is a discriminatory forum because it denies features to a minority group. This is a fact and it shouldn't be up for debate.

Try to get out of the red. You can do it if you try hard enough.

I did it and now a weight has been lifted off me. I feel loved now if just a tiny amount.
07-07-2016, 05:38 AM
(07-07-2016 05:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Heywood I am a little surprised. You used to wear your neg rep like some sort of badge of honor. You seemed to enjoy being generally disliked around here and put great effort into staying so.

What changed?

This isn't about me or whether or not I deserve the rep I got. I'm arguing that this isn't a free speech forum. It is a free speech for some/restricted speech for others forum.
07-07-2016, 05:43 AM
(07-07-2016 05:24 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Your response has nothing to do with my assertion. It is simply a personal attack against me.

It seems quite accurate to me.

You use this forum to troll and vent your personal frustrations. Yet you have the ability to be nice.

If you were to stop this childish behavior people would respond in kind. Abusing people is an ineffective way of communication.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
07-07-2016, 05:48 AM
(06-07-2016 06:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Free speech, as a legal concept, does not apply here, firstly. It is a private forum and not a government entity.

In the "Forum Principles and Culture thread" the first sentence is this:

Quote:This forum is based on the principle of allowing people to freely exchange ideas

But the way the rep system is set up, some people can use it to freely exchange ideas and others can't.

For instance, OnlineBiker can make this comment about me on my rep wall:

"Here's another negative, for whining.... Enjoy an even 50...."

But I can't make this comment about him on his rep wall:

"Online biker thinks arguing a point he disagrees with is tantamount to whining"
07-07-2016, 05:50 AM
onlinebiker thinks that if you earn a rep as an asshole, there should be consequences......

Guess what bub??

There is --- and consider it a minor problem....

If that's the worst thing you have to deal with today - you're doing better than most of the rest of the world..

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
07-07-2016, 05:51 AM
So what are the chances that if you could rep people that you would give anyone a positive rep?

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
07-07-2016, 05:57 AM
(07-07-2016 05:50 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  onlinebiker thinks that if you earn a rep as an asshole, there should be consequences......

And that is fine, but don't then go on to promote your site as one where you can speak your mind without consequences.

I think I have argued my position quit well here....yet you gave me a neg rep "for whining".....which is complete bullshit. You're not the only one who uses the rep system to launch personal attacks because they don't have a cogent counter argument.