I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 07:57 AM
RE: I must leave
(07-07-2016 07:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 07:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not complaining about neg rep. I am complaining about people claiming this is a free speech forum when it is a free speech for some forum/restricted speech for others forum.

Do you know what free speech is? It's *purely* that you have a right to say what you like and no one will stop you. You have (more or less) that right here - excluding some topics that have been ruled off limits. No one is obliged to give you that right either, this is a private forum. It merely happens that the admins prefer to keep it relaxed. The fact that you can't use the rep system is not in any way a diminishing of the fact that you *can* if you want to, say more or less what you like, and no one will stop you, although we might use *our* free speech to tell you what a pointless dickhead you are.

Whiny shit.

Today.....I am not the dickhead. Today we have seen a lot of dickhead behavior....but it didn't come from me.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 07:57 AM
(07-07-2016 07:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 07:48 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Yeah, I get that. I'm saying that you are an instigating troll so what you say is irrelevant.

How about attacking the argument I made instead of attacking me?

How about responding to the points we are making?

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
07-07-2016, 07:59 AM
(07-07-2016 07:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 07:48 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  Yeah, I get that. I'm saying that you are an instigating troll so what you say is irrelevant.

How about attacking the argument I made instead of attacking me?

Because it's more entertaining to attack you. I don't give a shit about your argument. Best not to feed the trolls.
07-07-2016, 08:01 AM
(07-07-2016 07:57 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 07:52 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  How about attacking the argument I made instead of attacking me?

How about responding to the points we are making?

I have, but you are being incredulous. The only point I have not responded too is the point that we all start out the same and that I "lost" certain speech privileges because of bad behavior. Requiring someone to behave a certain way in order to speak is not free speech. It is coercion.
07-07-2016, 08:06 AM
(07-07-2016 07:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 07:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do you know what free speech is? It's *purely* that you have a right to say what you like and no one will stop you. You have (more or less) that right here - excluding some topics that have been ruled off limits. No one is obliged to give you that right either, this is a private forum. It merely happens that the admins prefer to keep it relaxed. The fact that you can't use the rep system is not in any way a diminishing of the fact that you *can* if you want to, say more or less what you like, and no one will stop you, although we might use *our* free speech to tell you what a pointless dickhead you are.

Whiny shit.

Today.....I am not the dickhead. Today we have seen a lot of dickhead behavior....but it didn't come from me.

You are a dickhead every day Blowjob. I explained why you are wrong in my post that you replied to, while you were simultaneously complaining that everyone just insults you. Everyone *does* insult you, because even when we make a point you either ignore it or make some fatuous counter argument.

Stop feeling so sorry for yourself and go back to doing what you do best: being a stupid troll.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-07-2016, 08:10 AM
(07-07-2016 08:01 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 07:57 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  How about responding to the points we are making?

I have, but you are being incredulous. The only point I have not responded too is the point that we all start out the same and that I "lost" certain speech privileges because of bad behavior. Requiring someone to behave a certain way in order to speak is not free speech. It is coercion.

You obviously can talk all you want. What you cannot do is repeat the bad behavior that caused the sanctions.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
07-07-2016, 08:29 AM
(07-07-2016 07:57 AM)Fatbaldhobbit Wrote:  How about responding to the points we are making?

It's called society.

And as it has been pointed out multiple times, you can still respond to rep by posting.

This is far more likely to be seen than rep. You have to go looking for rep comments. Threads and posts are visible to all.

If you started a thread called "My response to rep points" and it was deleted, then you would have a point.

Once again, your points are refuted. Your argument has been rebutted.

Your move.

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 2 users Like Fatbaldhobbit's post
07-07-2016, 08:32 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 08:36 AM by DLJ.)
(07-07-2016 06:04 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
Its an administrators decision, not a moderators. In any event neither Moms or Stark have touched this subject in this thread so we don't know if they think I argued it well or poorly.

You've argued it poorly.

Sure, I'm not the POTTA here... more like a member of the SCOTTA but here's my ruling:

You argued:
(07-07-2016 05:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(06-07-2016 06:13 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Free speech, as a legal concept, does not apply here, firstly. It is a private forum and not a government entity.

In the "Forum Principles and Culture thread" the first sentence is this:

Quote:This forum is based on the principle of allowing people to freely exchange ideas

But the way the rep system is set up, some people can use it to freely exchange ideas and others can't.

... and added:

(07-07-2016 05:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  ...
And that is fine, but don't then go on to promote your site as one where you can speak your mind without consequences.

Although you quoted the page correctly, you did not quote it sufficiently.

Quote:This forum is based on the principle of allowing people to freely exchange ideas. We allow swearing, sexual language and ad hominems. You have a near-total right to say whatever you want to say and use any type of language to convey that message; however, you are solely responsible for the consequences of your actions.

Emphasis, mine.

Case closed.

(07-07-2016 06:02 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 05:51 AM)Anjele Wrote:  So what are the chances that if you could rep people that you would give anyone a positive rep?

100%

There are plenty times when I want to positive rep people and I can't.

There are other ways of showing your appreciation.

I notice that you have given out only 49 'likes'. You have received seven times as many.

Is this an indicator of your appreciation of others compared to how much your words are appreciated?

There is nothing to stop you from creating a whole thread dedicated to how much you appreciate someone ... feel free.

Also, as an aside, what do these all have in common?
Birmingham Jail by Martin Luther King Jr.
De Profundis by Oscar Wilde
Conversations with Myself by Nelson Mandela
Notes for Part II of The Age of Reason by Thomas Paine

[Image: 41Wjs4SGgLL.jpg]

[+] 12 users Like DLJ's post
07-07-2016, 08:33 AM

You did not lose 'speech' privileges. You lost 'tool' privileges.

"They think, therefore I am" - god
07-07-2016, 08:39 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 11:21 PM by Full Circle.)
(07-07-2016 07:42 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  All you are doing is rationalizing why this is free speech for some forum/restricted speech for others.

Again for like the third or fourth time. I don't have a problem with a free speech for some forum/restricted speech for others. I have a problem with people believing/promoting it as a free speech forum when it isn't.

A truly free speech forum has to put up with those pesky theistic neg rampages you guys are so scared of. That is the trade off.

Why are you so enamored with this topic?

I would like for you to cite where on the Forum Principles, Culture, Ethics and Behavior it says there is unbounded free speech. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Behavior

All I can find is, “You have a near-total right to say whatever you want, that’s it. Near-total =/= total.

In my opinion you just like to stir shit up, exactly why rule number 5 exists, “No Malicious Disruption
This applies to deliberate and pre-meditated disruptive behavior.”

You think you’re being controversial, all you’re being is dickish and you know what our #1 unwritten rule is...or do I need to spell it out for you?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce