04-07-2016, 11:31 PM
RE: I must leave
wrong thread

"They think, therefore I am" - god
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-07-2016, 11:42 PM
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  It allows for other individuals to be personally bullied to the point where they can be called any derogatory name allowed.

The thread wasn't directed at you personally. You personally chose to be offended by it.

That's not bullying. I get you're offended, I felt the op could have chosen different words or not made the thread, I can't control that. I can only control my reaction.

I've found plenty of things offensive here in my nearly 4 years of being a member, and yet I'm still around. Because the good far outweighs any bad. Is it perfect, no, but I've yet to find a forum that is.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 7 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-07-2016, 11:45 PM
(04-07-2016 11:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  It allows for other individuals to be personally bullied to the point where they can be called any derogatory name allowed.

The thread wasn't directed at you personally. You personally chose to be offended by it.

That's not bullying. I get you're offended, I felt the op could have chosen different words or not made the thread, I can't control that. I can only control my reaction.

I've found plenty of things offensive here in my nearly 4 years of being a member, and yet I'm still around. Because the good far outweighs any bad. Is it perfect, no, but I've yet to find a forum that is.

Thing is he won't escape that, that's life. Nothing is stopping someone from walking up to him and calling him some nasty names to his face. No one can control that, you can only react to it and handle it yourself when it happens.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
05-07-2016, 12:18 AM
(04-07-2016 11:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 11:42 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The thread wasn't directed at you personally. You personally chose to be offended by it.

Thing is he won't escape that, that's life. Nothing is stopping someone from walking up to him and calling him some nasty names to his face. No one can control that, you can only react to it and handle it yourself when it happens.

True!

I would hope that wouldn't happen tho.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-07-2016, 12:19 AM
(05-07-2016 12:18 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 11:45 PM)JDog554 Wrote:  Thing is he won't escape that, that's life. Nothing is stopping someone from walking up to him and calling him some nasty names to his face. No one can control that, you can only react to it and handle it yourself when it happens.

True!

I would hope that wouldn't happen tho.

Of course not, I would hope most would be more respectful than that but there are those type of people out there.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 1 user Likes JDog554's post
05-07-2016, 12:32 AM (This post was last modified: 05-07-2016 12:40 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  And I doubt I shall return.

There is something very wrong with this forum.

It allows for other individuals to be personally bullied to the point where they can be called any derogatory name allowed.

That is not free speech. That is idiocy blanketed by a term about which this forum is clearly oblivious.

Gasp

The forum moderators = Hobo

I have enough sense to leave a forum with no sense.

You said I was a "dick" in another thread and now you're butthurt because someone called you an "asshole"? I'm glad he didn't call you a whole ass....because that would have been tragedy for you. Do what a lot of other members do and neg rep the clown. I'd do it for you, but this forum discriminates against certain members so I can't. People with Neg rep don't have the same freedom of speech on this forum as positive repped members.
05-07-2016, 01:29 AM
Life's tough. Get a helmet.
[+] 2 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post
05-07-2016, 03:51 AM
Quote: I'd do it for you, but this forum discriminates against certain members so I can't. People with Neg rep don't have the same freedom of speech on this forum as positive repped members.

[sarcasm]Oh yes Heywood, you're oh so victimized...#stoptheoppression[/sarcasm]

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 7 users Like earmuffs's post
05-07-2016, 03:58 AM
Hi Foxen (If you are still here).

Sorry to hear that you have been upset. IMHO it is unwise to get emotionally involved in an internet forum. The only thing that us ordinary posters are responsible for is our own words, others will say what they want. If there is some flaming we can always switch off.

I have left a few forums over the years, but only through boredom. If you are still around I would recommend taking a rest and then look back in another time; if you still feel uncomfortable then move on. The web is a big place.

ATB,

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
05-07-2016, 04:14 AM
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  And I doubt I shall return.

There is something very wrong with this forum.

It allows for other individuals to be personally bullied to the point where they can be called any derogatory name allowed.

That is not free speech. That is idiocy blanketed by a term about which this forum is clearly oblivious.

Gasp

The forum moderators = Hobo

I have enough sense to leave a forum with no sense.

Well don't let the door hit ya where millions of years of evolutionary mutations split ya.

Seriously dude, if you can't handle what was obviously a philosophical question on the power of racial slurs, and not an intent of using those words as actual slurs, than perhaps the internet is not for you. Consider unplugging and finding a nice enclave in the 19th century. The Amish may be willing to take you in. Or, perhaps the Mennonites (some of the Amish actually use the internet now to advertise their businesses and the "bad" may still get to you).

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
[+] 4 users Like BnW's post