I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 09:22 AM
RE: I must leave
(07-07-2016 07:57 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 07:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  Do you know what free speech is? It's *purely* that you have a right to say what you like and no one will stop you. You have (more or less) that right here - excluding some topics that have been ruled off limits. No one is obliged to give you that right either, this is a private forum. It merely happens that the admins prefer to keep it relaxed. The fact that you can't use the rep system is not in any way a diminishing of the fact that you *can* if you want to, say more or less what you like, and no one will stop you, although we might use *our* free speech to tell you what a pointless dickhead you are.

Whiny shit.

Today.....I am not the dickhead. Today we have seen a lot of dickhead behavior....but it didn't come from me.

Today....today you have not been the dickhead. For over three years you have been gathering negative reps. But, today you are not a dickhead. Walk tall there Champ. Hold that head high.:

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
07-07-2016, 09:53 AM
I must leave
Can't we all just get along?
[+] 1 user Likes KUSA's post
07-07-2016, 09:57 AM
(07-07-2016 09:53 AM)KUSA Wrote:  Can't we all just get along?

No, we must sling feces and tear each other's faces off in between eating each other's parasites.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
[+] 3 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
07-07-2016, 10:27 AM
(07-07-2016 05:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  For instance, OnlineBiker can make this comment about me on my rep wall:

"Here's another negative, for whining.... Enjoy an even 50...."

But I can't make this comment about him on his rep wall:

"Online biker thinks arguing a point he disagrees with is tantamount to whining"

You poor thing. Your rights have been abrogated! Maybe you'll just simply have to give in and call one of those social justice warriors you despise so much.

I don't think every argument is whining ... but I think that's exactly what you're doing here. You abused the privilege when you had it, people responded in kind, and you lost that privilege based on people treating you the way you treated them.

If you want sympathy, you'll find it in the dictionary, between shit and syphilis.

(07-07-2016 06:12 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I am criticizing the practice of denying a minority group access to speech features that are available to everyone else and while making the claim the purpose of the site is to freely exchange ideas.

"Minority group"? That's laughable. You're simply using that language trying to take a poke at the liberal values you perceive here. You're not part of a minority group, the members of which are being persecuted for their common views. You are an individual who treated enough people poorly enough that, when they each decided to neg you, cost you this privilege you so clearly miss.

As for the forum's principles, did you get to this part?

Quote:You have a near-total right to say whatever you want to say and use any type of language to convey that message; however, you are solely responsible for the consequences of your actions.

You made your bed. Quit crying and go to sleep already.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-07-2016, 10:34 AM
(07-07-2016 07:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote:I know how to read between lines -- but there's very little there, either, except playing to the crowd, on occasion.

What's wrong with playing to the crowd? This is a forum and what is a forum made up of? People. People like to be made to smile. People like to laugh. You can make a good valid point without a wall of boring ass fucking text nobodies gonna read.

We're here to have fun not do our fucking taxes ya stupid old cunt.

If you don't like people having a smile every so often there's the door. ---->

Guess you appointed yourself bouncer, eh?

I don't think there's anything wrong with playing to a crowd, but you'll need to find those good valid points to go along with your amusing behavior first. Don't get me wrong, every so often you make a good point, but meh, broken clocks etc etc.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-07-2016, 02:59 PM
(07-07-2016 08:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why are you so enamored with this topic?

I would like for you to cite where on the Forum Principles, Culture, Ethics and Behavior it says there is unbounded free speech. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Behavior

All I can find is, “You have a near-total right to say whatever you want, that’s it. Near-total =/= total.

I never claimed it was unbounded free speech. The wording I used was "free speech for some, restricted speech for others". Obviously this means one group has a greater ability to speak here than another. I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

This is from my first response in this thread:

Quote: Do what a lot of other members do and neg rep the clown. I'd do it for you, but this forum discriminates against certain members so I can't. People with Neg rep don't have the same freedom of speech on this forum as positive repped members.

That is my claim and there is nothing contained with in it that is factually in-accurate.
07-07-2016, 03:02 PM
Put a sock in it you idiot.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
07-07-2016, 03:07 PM
(07-07-2016 02:59 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 08:39 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why are you so enamored with this topic?

I would like for you to cite where on the Forum Principles, Culture, Ethics and Behavior it says there is unbounded free speech. http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...d-Behavior

All I can find is, “You have a near-total right to say whatever you want, that’s it. Near-total =/= total.

I never claimed it was unbounded free speech. The wording I used was "free speech for some, restricted speech for others". Obviously this means one group has a greater ability to speak here than another. I shouldn't have to explain this to you.

This is from my first response in this thread:

Quote: Do what a lot of other members do and neg rep the clown. I'd do it for you, but this forum discriminates against certain members so I can't. People with Neg rep don't have the same freedom of speech on this forum as positive repped members.

That is my claim and there is nothing contained with in it that is factually in-accurate.

This kind of bullshit is precisely why you have a rep of -51.

You don't stop even after your vacuous argument is debunked. You do this over and over and over ...

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
07-07-2016, 03:18 PM
I must leave
At least he is ahead of train wreck. Gotta give him some credit for that.
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM
This should have been split off to a new thread many pages ago. Huh