I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-07-2016, 10:44 PM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016 11:26 PM by Thumpalumpacus.)
RE: I must leave
(07-07-2016 09:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 09:16 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  When are you going to accept responsibility for your own behavior? You signed off on the rules when you joined. Now you're complaining because they are as advertised?

Shut up with the crybaby act and earn your keep.

(07-07-2016 07:13 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  @Heywood.

You were not denied freedom of speech. You had the same chance, the same beginning as everyone else.
The people have decided that you do not deserve that privilege. And that system is in place for a reason (the system being that neg rep people can't rep).
The rep system is suppose to be the communities reflection of certain individuals. By stopping people with neg rep from repping you stop random trolls and butthurt twats like most the theists that come here from just mass neg repping people.

If you don't like it well too bad. There's the door. ----->
But don't try to claim you're being oppressed when you had the exact same chance as everyone else.

How is the message different between these two quotes? I see the bottom line being the same.

When did I say we (Muggsley and I) were at loggerheads about this particular dipshit known as Heywood?

My opinion about Muffesley is not predicated on his agreeing wth me that Heywood's a dipshit. My opinion about TuffMuff is pretty unrelated, actually.

Feel free to ask me, I'm happy to go into detail.

Or, alternatively, you could simply accept that online differences of opinion happen, and move on. Your call.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2016, 10:48 PM
(07-07-2016 10:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 09:25 PM)Anjele Wrote:  How is the message different between these two quotes? I see the bottom line being the same.

When did I say we were at loggerheads about this particular dipshit?

My opinion about Muffesley is not predicated on his agreeing wth me that Heywood's a dipshit. My opinion is pretty unrelated, actually.

Feel free to ask me, I'm happy to go into detail.

This is the thread and the topic where you decided to go after Muffs and state your opinion of him...that is what lead me to think that you had an issue here...within the context of this thread.

But what it sounds like you saying is that Muffs is okay as long as he in agreement with you about a certain individual. If he is at odds with your opinion then it's okay to basically say he is a worthless individual all around.

I don't need to defend Muffs. His time and contributions here speak for themselves.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
07-07-2016, 11:48 PM
(07-07-2016 05:45 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Bullshit. You're free to say whatever you want about the rep system. What's being infringed upon is your "right" to use the rep system.

Double Bullshit.

In another thread, a certain poster mistook someone for being a tiresome Muslim apologist and insta-negged-repped a new member. In response to that poster's mistake, I made this post.

(25-06-2016 01:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Give her some good rep to counter act Chas's stupidity then. I'd do it, but being neg-repped is not a protected class...therefore the man can discriminate against us.

I apologize for projecting Chas's stupidity onto all of you.

Banjo did not fulfill my request, but MomssurroundedbyBoys did. She gave that new user a positive rep with a comment to the affect "You don't deserve the neg rep". Once Chas corrected his mistake, Moms took away her positive rep.

The point is I had to ask someone to provide a positive rep to the new member because I am denied a voice in that matter. Being denied that voice is clearly a restriction on my speech that other forum members do not have.

Like I have said several times already, I don't care about the rule that neg repped members can't rep. It is not my forum and the owners/operators of this forum have to obligation whatsoever to cater to my free speech needs. It is not about me. I am merely pointing out what I see as hypocritical position of this forum. If you want to engage in hypocrisy, have at it, just don't get butthurt when someone like me points it out.

In the rules/culture thread the following claim is made ".....Controversial opinions, however, are encouraged....". Now I have good reason to believe this is bullshit too. I got a lot of neg rep for expressing controversial positions. I started a thread where I argued that Dawkins got it wrong and got neg rep. I started thread suggesting that perhaps as Atheism becomes more wide spread so will mass shootings....I got a lot of neg rep for that. I argued that atheists who tell God to "fuck off" are morons and netted neg rep for that.

That neg rep is all okay. There is nothing wrong with it. However when you set up a system where neg rep, limits ones voice, and the culture is such that controversial positions get one neg repped......you are not encouraging controversial positions but instead discouraging them. You encourage circle jerking.
07-07-2016, 11:52 PM
(07-07-2016 11:48 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 05:45 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Bullshit. You're free to say whatever you want about the rep system. What's being infringed upon is your "right" to use the rep system.

Double Bullshit.

In another thread, a certain poster mistook someone for being a tiresome Muslim apologist and insta-negged-repped a new member. In response to that poster's mistake, I made this post.

(25-06-2016 01:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Give her some good rep to counter act Chas's stupidity then. I'd do it, but being neg-repped is not a protected class...therefore the man can discriminate against us.

I apologize for projecting Chas's stupidity onto all of you.

Banjo did not fulfill my request, but MomssurroundedbyBoys did. She gave that new user a positive rep with a comment to the affect "You don't deserve the neg rep". Once Chas corrected his mistake, Moms took away her positive rep.

The point is I had to ask someone to provide a positive rep to the new member because I am denied a voice in that matter. Being denied that voice is clearly a restriction on my speech that other forum members do not have.

Like I have said several times already, I don't care about the rule that neg repped members can't rep. It is not my forum and the owners/operators of this forum have to obligation whatsoever to cater to my free speech needs. It is not about me. I am merely pointing out what I see as hypocritical position of this forum. If you want to engage in hypocrisy, have at it, just don't get butthurt when someone like me points it out.

In the rules/culture thread the following claim is made ".....Controversial opinions, however, are encouraged....". Now I have good reason to believe this is bullshit too. I got a lot of neg rep for expressing controversial positions. I started a thread where I argued that Dawkins got it wrong and got neg rep. I started thread suggesting that perhaps as Atheism becomes more wide spread so will mass shootings....I got a lot of neg rep for that. I argued that atheists who tell God to "fuck off" are morons and netted neg rep for that.

That neg rep is all okay. There is nothing wrong with it. However when you set up a system where neg rep, limits ones voice, and the culture is such that controversial positions get one neg repped......you are not encouraging controversial positions but instead discouraging them. You encourage circle jerking.

^^ Gee look at you, posting a counter opinion and not having it censored. You clearly have no freedom of speech.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
07-07-2016, 11:55 PM
Meanwhile....

[Image: A1V4ZR.gif]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
07-07-2016, 11:56 PM
(07-07-2016 11:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Gee look at you, posting a counter opinion and not having it censored. You clearly have no freedom of speech.

I can't post a counter opinion on your rep wall. I don't have a voice in your aggregated rep rating like you have in mine. What is so hard for you to see that I don't get to express my opinions as freely as you do. It isn't hard actually....so I will just assume you're being incredulous.
08-07-2016, 12:00 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 12:05 AM by GirlyMan.)
(07-07-2016 11:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can't post a counter opinion on your rep wall. I don't have a voice in your aggregated rep rating like you have in mine. What is so hard for you to see that I don't get to express my opinions as freely as you do. It isn't hard actually....so I will just assume you're being incredulous.

Oh me. Oh my.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-07-2016, 12:04 AM
(07-07-2016 11:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 11:52 PM)morondog Wrote:  ^^ Gee look at you, posting a counter opinion and not having it censored. You clearly have no freedom of speech.

I can't post a counter opinion on your rep wall. I don't have a voice in your aggregated rep rating like you have in mine. What is so hard for you to see that I don't get to express my opinions as freely as you do. It isn't hard actually....so I will just assume you're being incredulous.

I'll just assume you were dropped on your head as a baby. Fuck sakes man. You manage to find the most creative ways to be an irritating fuck.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
08-07-2016, 12:07 AM
(07-07-2016 11:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can't post a counter opinion on your rep wall. I don't have a voice in your aggregated rep rating like you have in mine. What is so hard for you to see that I don't get to express my opinions as freely as you do. It isn't hard actually....so I will just assume you're being incredulous.

Heywood, this is simply you discovering actions have consequences. You have behaved terribly on this forum. As a result you suffer the consequences. You have nobody to blame other than yourself.

As for me not repping that poster? One reason was I did not know the poster. The second was you asked me. You have gained a reputation as a time wasting, rude and childish troll.

As Muff's said, there's the door------->

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
08-07-2016, 12:09 AM
Honest question; what, exactly, is the harm in letting people with negative reps rep others?

I sincerely doubt anyone would care if they lost a point to someone the entire forum hates. The rep display on the posts themselves don't show if you've been neg repped, just the total number, so anyone who just glances at it isn't even going to notice. And anyone who actually clicks in will see the source the rep came from.

Is it supposed to protect against the idea that the negative rep people might declare war and go around lowering people's reps? Is it for new people who don't know that everyone considers everything Heywood says to be worthless?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.