I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 12:13 AM
RE: I must leave
(08-07-2016 12:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(07-07-2016 11:56 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can't post a counter opinion on your rep wall. I don't have a voice in your aggregated rep rating like you have in mine. What is so hard for you to see that I don't get to express my opinions as freely as you do. It isn't hard actually....so I will just assume you're being incredulous.

Oh me. Oh my.

Whoever said that I like to argue for the sake of argument is right. I do like to argue especially when I am winning the argument. Argument is exercise for the brain. You might think it an absurd endeavor but that is only because your brain is lazy. I'll give you credit though....it certainly a more industrious position than claiming I am whining.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2016, 12:16 AM
(08-07-2016 12:09 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Honest question; what, exactly, is the harm in letting people with negative reps rep others?

I sincerely doubt anyone would care if they lost a point to someone the entire forum hates. The rep display on the posts themselves don't show if you've been neg repped, just the total number, so anyone who just glances at it isn't even going to notice. And anyone who actually clicks in will see the source the rep came from.

Is it supposed to protect against the idea that the negative rep people might declare war and go around lowering people's reps? Is it for new people who don't know that everyone considers everything Heywood says to be worthless?

There is no real harm in allowing negged repped people to rep others. Even if negged repped people went on the dreaded neg repped rampages people here are so fearful of. The forum isn't going to disband. It isn't going to skip a beat.
08-07-2016, 12:16 AM
(08-07-2016 12:13 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Whoever said that I like to argue for the sake of argument is right. I do like to argue especially when I am winning the argument. Argument is exercise for the brain. You might think it an absurd endeavor but that is only because your brain is lazy. I'll give you credit though....it certainly a more industrious position than claiming I am whining.

You mistake discussion for argument.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-07-2016, 12:18 AM
(08-07-2016 12:13 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 12:00 AM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Oh me. Oh my.

Whoever said that I like to argue for the sake of argument is right. I do like to argue especially when I am winning the argument. Argument is exercise for the brain. You might think it an absurd endeavor but that is only because your brain is lazy. I'll give you credit though....it certainly a more industrious position than claiming I am whining.

[Image: huh_3.jpg]

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-07-2016, 05:29 AM
(08-07-2016 12:13 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Whoever said that I like to argue for the sake of argument is right. I do like to argue especially when I am winning the argument. Argument is exercise for the brain. You might think it an absurd endeavor but that is only because your brain is lazy. I'll give you credit though....it certainly a more industrious position than claiming I am whining.

[Image: tumblr_mlbb91MUJa1s5jjtzo1_500_zps6gpivxlb.gif]

Help for the living. Hope for the dead. ~ R.G. Ingersoll

Freedom offers opportunity. Opportunity confers responsibility. Responsibility to use the freedom we enjoy wisely, honestly and humanely. ~ Noam Chomsky
[+] 1 user Likes Fatbaldhobbit's post
08-07-2016, 05:39 AM
Boring. You can do better trolling than this, Heywood. I have faith in you.
[+] 2 users Like Dark Wanderer's post
08-07-2016, 07:28 AM
(08-07-2016 12:16 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  There is no real harm in allowing negged repped people to rep others. Even if negged repped people went on the dreaded neg repped rampages people here are so fearful of. The forum isn't going to disband. It isn't going to skip a beat.

Being disruptive to the spirit of the forum will get you banned. As per Seth. We're just saving you from yourself.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2016, 07:35 AM
Why is this thread being so side-tracked? Stop giving me the impression that someone is still talking about the OP.

Please, someone split the threads.

Dodgy

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
08-07-2016, 07:40 AM
(08-07-2016 07:35 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Why is this thread being so side-tracked? Stop giving me the impression that someone is still talking about the OP.

Please, someone split the threads.

Dodgy

Or just let it die.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
08-07-2016, 07:43 AM
Might as well keep all the crap together in one thread. It has no content to justify spending time on splitting it.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man