I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 08:01 AM
RE: I must leave
The OP needs to grow a pair. If you treat people ok on here they will treat you well too. Try learning and putting yourself in others shoes I've had rep removed by a couple of people first I was angry but on reflection I was at fault and the loss of rep from people I respect has been a catalyst to change how I post so I am actually grateful to those people now, it took a while for the butt hurt to die down but in the meantime I have had support from both individuals and one in particular has been wonderful to me since my dad died. This is a fantastic forum its you that has the problem.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes adey67's post
08-07-2016, 08:32 AM
I don't see why the rep system is a big deal to a theist/ deist/ faithful. We are on an atheist forum. Contention, hatred, animosity ect., can be expected. We are on an atheist forum.

As far as freedom is concerned; I must admit that though being derided is pretty much a given within this scenario, we are equally free to comment in any fashion we see fit in retaliation. The lack of rules in place here used to bother me. But I realize that if strict rules were in place; I most likely would have been banned long ago.

Though supporters of atheism are rampant in this large atheist site, the freedom to speak is nearly limitless.

The rep system isn't for us...it is for them to distinguish us more readily.

To the credit of those in charge here; imagine if it was the opposite.
If a few very strong atheist came to sites of the faithful they would most likely be banned pretty quickly upon voicing their opinion.

I've been here a year. And have been banned from many sites that you would think would welcome me.

Just thought I'd chime in.

That's all.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.
[+] 2 users Like popsthebuilder's post
08-07-2016, 08:44 AM
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't see why the rep system is a big deal to a theist/ deist/ faithful. We are on an atheist forum. Contention, hatred, animosity ect., can be expected. We are on an atheist forum.

As far as freedom is concerned; I must admit that though being derided is pretty much a given within this scenario, we are equally free to comment in any fashion we see fit in retaliation. The lack of rules in place here used to bother me. But I realize that if strict rules were in place; I most likely would have been banned long ago.

Though supporters of atheism are rampant in this large atheist site, the freedom to speak is nearly limitless.

If a few very strong atheist came to sites of the faithful they would most likely be banned pretty quickly upon voicing their opinion.

I've been here a year. And have been banned from many sites that you would think would welcome me.

That's all.

Few theist here with good rep. It's not based on faith, it's based on attitude and most theist com here with bad attitudes.

"If you keep trying to better yourself that's enough for me. We don't decide which hand we are dealt in life, but we make the decision to play it or fold it" - Nishi Karano Kaze
[+] 2 users Like JDog554's post
08-07-2016, 08:47 AM
(08-07-2016 08:44 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't see why the rep system is a big deal to a theist/ deist/ faithful. We are on an atheist forum. Contention, hatred, animosity ect., can be expected. We are on an atheist forum.

That's all.

Few theist here with good rep. It's not based on faith, it's based on attitude and most theist com here with bad attitudes.
I wasn't trying to imply that theists are meg prepped because of their beliefs exactly, but it can be expected given the belief of the majority here and it's contrast to the belief of the theist in general.

Was really trying to be supportive of the regulations here, not the other way around.

08-07-2016, 08:57 AM
(08-07-2016 08:47 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:44 AM)JDog554 Wrote:  Few theist here with good rep. It's not based on faith, it's based on attitude and most theist com here with bad attitudes.
I wasn't trying to imply that theists are meg prepped because of their beliefs exactly, but it can be expected given the belief of the majority here and it's contrast to the belief of the theist in general.

Was really trying to be supportive of the regulations here, not the other way around.

It all depends on the attitude of the theist. It's just as easy for a theist to become friends with people here by taking part in normal conversations and being friendly as it is for an atheist. We have atheists with major bad reps here too. It's all up to the individual.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
08-07-2016, 09:02 AM
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We are on an atheist forum. Contention, hatred, animosity ect., can be expected. We are on an atheist forum.

Fixed.

The more you post the more animosity I feel towards you and it has everything to do with your myopic, self-serving generalizations.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
08-07-2016, 09:04 AM
(08-07-2016 09:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  We are on an atheist forum. Contention, hatred, animosity ect., can be expected. We are on an atheist forum.

Fixed.

The more you post the more animosity I feel towards you and it has everything to do with your myopic, self-serving generalizations.
How was what I said near sighted or self serving?

08-07-2016, 09:17 AM
(08-07-2016 09:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 09:02 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Fixed.

How was what I said near sighted or self serving?

It's insulting. You just insulted all of us by calling all atheists contentious, hateful, and full of animosity.

I should neg rep you for that, I don't appreciate being insulted.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-07-2016, 09:19 AM
(08-07-2016 09:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 09:04 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  How was what I said near sighted or self serving?

It's insulting. You just insulted all of us by calling all atheists contentious, hateful, and full of animosity.

That's not what I said. I didn't insinuate it either. Stop reading too far into what I write. I said contention, and hatred can be expected as we(theists) are in your(atheist) house.

08-07-2016, 09:21 AM
(08-07-2016 09:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 09:17 AM)Dom Wrote:  It's insulting. You just insulted all of us by calling all atheists contentious, hateful, and full of animosity.

That's not what I said. I didn't insinuate it either. Stop reading too far into what I write. I said contention, and hatred can be expected as we(theists) are in your(atheist) house.

That doesn't help. I don't have a hateful bone in my body, and I am very much part of this forum and an atheist. You just insulted me again.

This is exactly why you don't get along here.

[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post