I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 09:26 AM
RE: I must leave
(08-07-2016 09:21 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 09:19 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  That's not what I said. I didn't insinuate it either. Stop reading too far into what I write. I said contention, and hatred can be expected as we(theists) are in your(atheist) house.

Faith in selfless Unity for Good.

That doesn't help. I don't have a hateful bone in my body, and I am very much part of this forum and an atheist. You just insulted me again.

This is exactly why you don't get along here.
Okay...obviously since there are over 10000 members here, some have varied opinions. I was not and am not speaking of atheist or theists in that respect.

My point, again, is that if anyone goes where they are a vast minority then they can necessarily expect to be treated different from the majority.

I even said that I'd positions where swapped that it would be even worse.

That isn't an insult but a testament to the character of people here.

Your just looking for negativity. You want to be offended evidently, because I have said nothing offensive, only stated what is painfully true.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2016, 09:33 AM
I must say, I think I understand what Pops is getting at. We most certainly are an atheist forum. That doesn't mean we don't welcome everyone, it simply means the vast majority of us are atheist. The result is inevitable confrontation when it comes to our theist members. I think pops is just pointing out that being butt hurt over confrontation is stupid and counter productive.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 5 users Like Stark Raving's post
08-07-2016, 09:36 AM
(08-07-2016 12:09 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Honest question; what, exactly, is the harm in letting people with negative reps rep others?

I sincerely doubt anyone would care if they lost a point to someone the entire forum hates. The rep display on the posts themselves don't show if you've been neg repped, just the total number, so anyone who just glances at it isn't even going to notice. And anyone who actually clicks in will see the source the rep came from.

Is it supposed to protect against the idea that the negative rep people might declare war and go around lowering people's reps? Is it for new people who don't know that everyone considers everything Heywood says to be worthless?

To answer your question, what we have right now is a remarkably effective asshole identification system. As several people have pointed out, theists who aren't dickheads very quickly accumulate positive rep. Conversely dickheads who aren't theists likewise accumulate negative rep. As it stands right now, a large negative rep is a fairly solid indication of a large asshole attached to it. There's no reason to monkey with the system when it works so well.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 10 users Like morondog's post
08-07-2016, 09:46 AM
(08-07-2016 09:33 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I must say, I think I understand what Pops is getting at. We most certainly are an atheist forum. That doesn't mean we don't welcome everyone, it simply means the vast majority of us are atheist. The result is inevitable confrontation when it comes to our theist members. I think pops is just pointing out that being butt hurt over confrontation is stupid and counter productive.

I think you are giving him too much credit.

He got his rep points because he deserves them. He's got a set of opinions of what evil atheists are like and then wonders why people don't like him.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-07-2016, 10:49 AM
(08-07-2016 09:46 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 09:33 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I must say, I think I understand what Pops is getting at. We most certainly are an atheist forum. That doesn't mean we don't welcome everyone, it simply means the vast majority of us are atheist. The result is inevitable confrontation when it comes to our theist members. I think pops is just pointing out that being butt hurt over confrontation is stupid and counter productive.

I think you are giving him too much credit.

He got his rep points because he deserves them. He's got a set of opinions of what evil atheists are like and then wonders why people don't like him.
Woe!

My rep isn't on trial here. I couldn't care less what it is.

I do not regard atheists as evil and really don't appreciate you acting as if I've ever said or insinuated such.

I've always said quite the opposite.

08-07-2016, 10:51 AM
(08-07-2016 10:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Woe!

Laugh out load

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 1 user Likes unfogged's post
08-07-2016, 11:18 AM
(08-07-2016 09:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 12:09 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Honest question; what, exactly, is the harm in letting people with negative reps rep others?

I sincerely doubt anyone would care if they lost a point to someone the entire forum hates. The rep display on the posts themselves don't show if you've been neg repped, just the total number, so anyone who just glances at it isn't even going to notice. And anyone who actually clicks in will see the source the rep came from.

Is it supposed to protect against the idea that the negative rep people might declare war and go around lowering people's reps? Is it for new people who don't know that everyone considers everything Heywood says to be worthless?

To answer your question, what we have right now is a remarkably effective asshole identification system. As several people have pointed out, theists who aren't dickheads very quickly accumulate positive rep. Conversely dickheads who aren't theists likewise accumulate negative rep. As it stands right now, a large negative rep is a fairly solid indication of a large asshole attached to it. There's no reason to monkey with the system when it works so well.

It's practically a self fulfilling prophecy. Big Grin
08-07-2016, 11:45 AM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 11:48 AM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(08-07-2016 07:35 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  Why is this thread being so side-tracked? Stop giving me the impression that someone is still talking about the OP.

Please, someone split the threads.

Dodgy

The original post was bullshit...

It's devolved into further bullshit...

Bullshit always attracts more bullshit.

In any event thread moved to the pit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 5 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-07-2016, 01:31 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 01:36 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(08-07-2016 09:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  To answer your question, what we have right now is a remarkably effective asshole identification system. As several people have pointed out, theists who aren't dickheads very quickly accumulate positive rep. Conversely dickheads who aren't theists likewise accumulate negative rep. As it stands right now, a large negative rep is a fairly solid indication of a large asshole attached to it. There's no reason to monkey with the system when it works so well.

The theists here who have positive rep don't attack atheism or positions atheist are likely to hold agressively.

If Kingschosen or Aliza started a thread suggesting atheism will lead to more mass shootings and argued that position aggressively, they would quickly accumulate negative rep. Now I am not disparaging Kingschosen or Aliza here, there is nothing wrong with being passive.

Benign and agreeable theists are welcome here. Controversial ones who argue their positions aggressively are automatically labeled trolls
08-07-2016, 01:33 PM
(08-07-2016 11:45 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  The original post was bullshit...

It's devolved into further bullshit...

Bullshit always attracts more bullshit.

In any event thread moved to the pit.

It devolved into a controversy about the hypocrisy of the forum so now it must be buried.

That's what it looks like to me.