I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 01:35 PM
RE: I must leave
(08-07-2016 10:51 AM)unfogged Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 10:49 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Woe!

Laugh out load

* Woah is me. Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
08-07-2016, 01:44 PM
(08-07-2016 09:33 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  I must say, I think I understand what Pops is getting at. We most certainly are an atheist forum. That doesn't mean we don't welcome everyone, it simply means the vast majority of us are atheist. The result is inevitable confrontation when it comes to our theist members. I think pops is just pointing out that being butt hurt over confrontation is stupid and counter productive.

Please remember the butthurt isn't exclusive to the theists. A lot of butthurt occurred on the atheist side when I suggested there was some hypocrisy. And last just because the butthurt is counter productive doesn't mean the confrontation itself was/is counter productive.
08-07-2016, 01:52 PM
(08-07-2016 01:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If Kingschosen or Aliza started a thread suggesting atheism will lead to more mass shootings and argued that position aggressively, they would quickly accumulate negative rep. Now I am not disparaging Kingschosen or Aliza here, there is nothing wrong with being passive.

Neither KC nor Aliza has ever struck me as "passive".

Laugh out load
[+] 3 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-07-2016, 02:02 PM
(08-07-2016 01:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 01:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If Kingschosen or Aliza started a thread suggesting atheism will lead to more mass shootings and argued that position aggressively, they would quickly accumulate negative rep. Now I am not disparaging Kingschosen or Aliza here, there is nothing wrong with being passive.

Laugh out load
Nor is Tomasia

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
08-07-2016, 02:36 PM
The current neg rep champ Trainwreck is an atheist. just saying.

As for popsicle, he's batshit bonkers, argues nonsense, and does not express what he means well at all. He did not mean to be offensive, quite the opposite. But he has a reputation now and his posts aren't given the benefit of the doubt.

I like the guy. But I like Trainwreck too. ... And I'm also batshit bonkers.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
08-07-2016, 02:41 PM
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't see why the rep system is a big deal to a theist/ deist/ faithful. We are on an atheist forum. Contention, hatred, animosity ect., can be expected. We are on an atheist forum.

This only occurs when one does not do his/her homework. When confronted by basic ignorance regarding knowledge of scripture and the history of the religion, I personally lose patience and respect for said member.

I think it best to know of what one speaks before opening one's mouth. When confronted by a xian who actually knows what he is talking about, my manner is totally different. Sadly these people are lacking.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-07-2016, 02:57 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 03:02 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(08-07-2016 01:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  

Laugh out load

Starting threads about the wife's hair color or a cat doesn't strike me as aggressive.

Has any of those 3 ever started a thread like "Dawkins got it wrong" and argued their position aggressively? You guys claim you welcome controversial positions....but you don't. The nature of the rep system gives you a tool to help drive away people with controversial positions and the place turns into a circle jerk.
08-07-2016, 03:02 PM
(08-07-2016 01:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 09:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  To answer your question, what we have right now is a remarkably effective asshole identification system. As several people have pointed out, theists who aren't dickheads very quickly accumulate positive rep. Conversely dickheads who aren't theists likewise accumulate negative rep. As it stands right now, a large negative rep is a fairly solid indication of a large asshole attached to it. There's no reason to monkey with the system when it works so well.

The theists here who have positive rep don't attack atheism or positions atheist are likely to hold agressively.

If Kingschosen or Aliza started a thread suggesting atheism will lead to more mass shootings and argued that position aggressively, they would quickly accumulate negative rep. Now I am not disparaging Kingschosen or Aliza here, there is nothing wrong with being passive.

Benign and agreeable theists are welcome here. Controversial ones who argue their positions aggressively are automatically labeled trolls

Anyone who plays hardball is fine, it's dickery that gets neg reps. Read your neg rep comments. How many of them if any are for being a theist, how many are for being an asshole? If you could argue your positions without being a gigantic douche you'd have positive rep. Since you can't, you know the result.

And of course, as an arsehole you're not going to admit that the system, so simple and yet so elegant, has correctly identified you. But you've got to know in your shriveled heart that it's got you bang to rights.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 6 users Like morondog's post
08-07-2016, 03:05 PM

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
08-07-2016, 03:05 PM
(08-07-2016 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Has any of those 3 ever started a thread like "Dawkins got it wrong" and argued their position aggressively? You guys claim you welcome controversial positions....but you don't. The nature of the rep system gives you a tool to help drive away people with controversial positions and the place turns into a circle jerk.

Why should they? Maybe they don't think Dawkins got it wrong, maybe they don't choose to talk about such things. Why the fuck should that matter? KC has in fact had several theistic discussions with us during which we all went after him hard yet he still came out with positive rep. It can be done, just not by arseholes.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 2 users Like morondog's post