I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 03:07 PM
RE: I must leave
(08-07-2016 03:02 PM)morondog Wrote:  Anyone who plays hardball is fine, it's dickery that gets neg reps. Read your neg rep comments. How many of them if any are for being a theist, how many are for being an asshole? If you could argue your positions without being a gigantic douche you'd have positive rep. Since you can't, you know the result.

And of course, as an arsehole you're not going to admit that the system, so simple and yet so elegant, has correctly identified you. But you've got to know in your shriveled heart that it's got you bang to rights.

In your mind playing hardball is being a dick if your opponent challenges your world view aggressively. I argued very aggressively in this thread. I stayed away from personal insults yet I was still negged repped for essentially being a dick.

When Chas neg repped Rose, Rose wasn't being a dick at all. He thought she was trying to challenge his world view. So he neg repped her. Who was the dick there? Rose or Chas?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post
08-07-2016, 03:08 PM
(08-07-2016 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The nature of the rep system gives you a tool to help drive away people with controversial positions and the place turns into a circle jerk.

I disagree. The rep system is NOT based on ignorance, but behaviour.

You have always been a disgrace and a troll. Indeed, you are trolling now.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
08-07-2016, 03:09 PM
(08-07-2016 03:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Has any of those 3 ever started a thread like "Dawkins got it wrong" and argued their position aggressively? You guys claim you welcome controversial positions....but you don't. The nature of the rep system gives you a tool to help drive away people with controversial positions and the place turns into a circle jerk.

Why should they? Maybe they don't think Dawkins got it wrong, maybe they don't choose to talk about such things. Why the fuck should that matter? KC has in fact had several theistic discussions with us during which we all went after him hard yet he still came out with positive rep. It can be done, just not by arseholes.

There is a difference between being on offense and being on defense.
08-07-2016, 03:13 PM
(08-07-2016 03:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In your mind playing hardball is being a dick if your opponent challenges your world view aggressively. I argued very aggressively in this thread. I stayed away from personal insults yet I was still negged repped for essentially being a dick.
Neg reps for being a whiny twit? Oh Lord! Someone ring the hospital. Severe butthurt case incoming.

Quote:When Chas neg repped Rose, Rose wasn't being a dick at all. He thought she was trying to challenge his world view. So he neg repped her. Who was the dick there? Rose or Chas?

You think i give a fuck? What Chas thinks of Rose and how the fuck you know his neg rep is unjustified is of zero interest or bearing on the conversation.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-07-2016, 03:16 PM
(08-07-2016 03:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 03:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  In your mind playing hardball is being a dick if your opponent challenges your world view aggressively. I argued very aggressively in this thread. I stayed away from personal insults yet I was still negged repped for essentially being a dick.
Neg reps for being a whiny twit? Oh Lord! Someone ring the hospital. Severe butthurt case incoming.

Quote:When Chas neg repped Rose, Rose wasn't being a dick at all. He thought she was trying to challenge his world view. So he neg repped her. Who was the dick there? Rose or Chas?

You think i give a fuck? What Chas thinks of Rose and how the fuck you know his neg rep is unjustified is of zero interest or bearing on the conversation.

Who's Rose?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
08-07-2016, 03:17 PM
(08-07-2016 03:08 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The nature of the rep system gives you a tool to help drive away people with controversial positions and the place turns into a circle jerk.

I disagree. The rep system is NOT based on ignorance, but behaviour.

You have always been a disgrace and a troll. Indeed, you are trolling now.

Everytime I read one of your post, this song pops into my head.

There was a forum, had a troll,
and Banjo was his name-o.
B-A-N-J-O
B-A-N-J-O
B-A-N-J-O
And Banjo was his name-o.

(clap)-A-N-J-O
(clap)-A-N-J-O
(clap)-A-N-J-O

(clap)-(clap)-N-J-O
(clap)-(clap)-N-J-O
(clap)-(clap)-N-J-O

(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-J-O
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-J-O
(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-J-O

(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-O

(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)-(clap)
08-07-2016, 03:18 PM
(08-07-2016 03:16 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 03:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  Neg reps for being a whiny twit? Oh Lord! Someone ring the hospital. Severe butthurt case incoming.

Who's Rose?

Some wet dream Blowjob had.

(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
08-07-2016, 03:21 PM
(08-07-2016 02:41 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 08:32 AM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  I don't see why the rep system is a big deal to a theist/ deist/ faithful. We are on an atheist forum. Contention, hatred, animosity ect., can be expected. We are on an atheist forum.

This only occurs when one does not do his/her homework. When confronted by basic ignorance regarding knowledge of scripture and the history of the religion, I personally lose patience and respect for said member.

I think it best to know of what one speaks before opening one's mouth. When confronted by a xian who actually knows what he is talking about, my manner is totally different. Sadly these people are lacking.

Such as this?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
08-07-2016, 03:23 PM
(08-07-2016 03:13 PM)morondog Wrote:  

The only butthurt here is from clowns like you who don't like being told they are hypocrites. I haven't argued that the rep system should be changed. I only argued that it is hypocritical given the stated principles of the forum.

Now you would like to make this a thread about me whining cause lacking any potent counter argument all you got is attack the man. You being a dick isn't going to persuade me. Your attempt to demonize me isn't going to cause me to shut up.
08-07-2016, 03:25 PM
(08-07-2016 03:09 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 03:05 PM)morondog Wrote:  Why should they? Maybe they don't think Dawkins got it wrong, maybe they don't choose to talk about such things. Why the fuck should that matter? KC has in fact had several theistic discussions with us during which we all went after him hard yet he still came out with positive rep. It can be done, just not by arseholes.

There is a difference between being on offense and being on defense.

So now you're surprised you get neg reps when you go out of your way to be offensive?

If you were here for legitimate discussion you'd post your thoughtful posts. Instead you spend your time talking about "atheistic circle jerks" and whining about your rep - it clearly shows what you're here for - just to cause shit, not actually interested in the topic at hand. And this is borne out by your consistent refusal to discuss when points are made against you. You kicked this whole thing off by claiming that you didn't have free speech on the forum, when it was pointed out in explicit detail exactly how you have as much free speech as every other forum member you completely ignored those posts in favour of dragging the conversation down into the mud. It's pure troll tactics, and you're a pure troll. Don't be sad that you were identified. Trolls are easy to spot 'cos they're goddamn stupid and don't contribute anything of substance to any conversation, although they've got a certain talent for redirecting the conversation to how nasty everyone is to them.

[+] 2 users Like morondog's post