I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 03:58 PM
RE: I must leave
(08-07-2016 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 01:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Neither KC nor Aliza has ever struck me as "passive".

Laugh out load

Starting threads about the wife's hair color or a cat doesn't strike me as aggressive.

Has any of those 3 ever started a thread like "Dawkins got it wrong" and argued their position aggressively? You guys claim you welcome controversial positions....but you don't. The nature of the rep system gives you a tool to help drive away people with controversial positions and the place turns into a circle jerk.

I'm not sure where you got 3 (I only mentioned 2), but KC is a Calvinist who believes in predestination, and he has argued that position on the forum. I don't know about you, but I find that controversial. He is not, however, required to be controversial in every post -- he is allowed to post about other things as well (such as his wife's hair color or upside-down dogs). And when he is controversial, he is still respectful. Hence his positive rep.

Aliza makes no secret of being a Jewish theist, and that in itself is controversial on an atheist forum. Unlike most Christians, though, she's not constantly trying to convert us. And that's refreshing. I don't find it "passive".
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Grasshopper's post
08-07-2016, 03:59 PM
(08-07-2016 03:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 03:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Someone involved in a misunderstanding that highlights the hypocrisy of this place.

Thanks. Very informative. Thumbsup

Rosechaos...Heywood is trying to be her hero.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
08-07-2016, 04:37 PM
(08-07-2016 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Has any of those 3 ever started a thread like "Dawkins got it wrong" and argued their position aggressively? You guys claim you welcome controversial positions....but you don't.

Still whining, I see. They were never stupid enough to say "Dawkins got it wrong". IF you had been able to defend that garbage idea, maybe your history here would be different.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
08-07-2016, 04:41 PM
(08-07-2016 03:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Someone involved in a misunderstanding that highlights the hypocrisy of this place.

I can't recall seeing somebody on this forum make such a total fool of themselves as this asinine bloke has. He seems not to have the faintest of ideas as to how to articulate any sort of meaningful argument, or to initiate anything of any substance to debate.

Just trawling this thread alone, I note that 99% of his comments are pure drivel; mindless meanderings, totally off-topic; deliberately inflammatory; personally insulting; overly-confrontational; and apparently designed purely as troll fodder. His "contributions"—such as they are!—in no way add any value at all to TTA forums, in fact they do the exact opposite.

If these sorts of intellectually dysfunctional individuals refuse to go away, then the simplest solution is to totally ignore their comments, and hope that—like the petulant little kids they emulate—they'll get bored, take their bat and ball, and go home to mommy.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 2 users Like SYZ's post
08-07-2016, 04:46 PM
(08-07-2016 03:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  

Thanks. Very informative. Thumbsup

I'm pretty confident that no matter who she is, she is outta your league. So I figured that's all you needed to know.Smile

But really, I don't know who she is. She's just some poster you guys were working up a sweat to devour when you thought she was a theist.
08-07-2016, 04:52 PM
(08-07-2016 04:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 03:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thanks. Very informative. Thumbsup

I'm pretty confident that no matter who she is, she is outta your league. So I figured that's all you needed to know.Smile

But really, I don't know who she is. She's just some poster you guys were working up a sweat to devour when you thought she was a theist.

People aren't attacked here for being theist. It's all about the attitude...you seem to have a persecution complex. You may have forgotten how you have treated people around here over the years but many of us haven't.

Your rep reflects how you interact with people. Basically, you are at the 'does not play well with others' level.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
08-07-2016, 04:56 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2016 04:59 PM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(08-07-2016 03:58 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  I'm not sure where you got 3 (I only mentioned 2), but KC is a Calvinist who believes in predestination, and he has argued that position on the forum. I don't know about you, but I find that controversial. He is not, however, required to be controversial in every post -- he is allowed to post about other things as well (such as his wife's hair color or upside-down dogs). And when he is controversial, he is still respectful. Hence his positive rep.

Aliza makes no secret of being a Jewish theist, and that in itself is controversial on an atheist forum. Unlike most Christians, though, she's not constantly trying to convert us. And that's refreshing. I don't find it "passive".

Again it is one thing to defend ones own position. It is another thing entirely to attack someone else's position. How many of your positive repped theists make threads like this one:

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...hetic+life

I was questioning the atheist assumption that life arose naturally. If theists make threads like that here. They get demonized. You don't see KC, Aliza, Tomasia, directly challenging you guys. They're all defense....and that's fine. Offense can be distasteful.
08-07-2016, 05:08 PM
(08-07-2016 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 01:52 PM)Grasshopper Wrote:  Neither KC nor Aliza has ever struck me as "passive".

Laugh out load

Starting threads about the wife's hair color or a cat doesn't strike me as aggressive.

Has any of those 3 ever started a thread like "Dawkins got it wrong" and argued their position aggressively? You guys claim you welcome controversial positions....but you don't. The nature of the rep system gives you a tool to help drive away people with controversial positions and the place turns into a circle jerk.

More black and white equivalencies? Is that going to keep be your calling card for this argument, because it seems you don't care to make points without the use of exaggerated presumptions. You can be aggressive in opposition and not be fallacious in statements.

A lot of people like KC and Alizia were respected because even when defending their interpretations of biblical texts or points aggressively they actually responded to questions and kept communication ongoing. They aren't the folks often just abandoning a judging response or leaving an open discussion without wanting to seek some communication between it.

Even in that little old thread there you ignored responses right away on the front page and ended it off making some nonsensical or just ignorant of terminology response without looking it up to see it through. You basically ended in an altered version of the classic that's just a theory not a law... not acknowledging there are differing points of distinction in definitions of what a law, theory, effect, and problems are. A philosophical/scientific problem is a thing to itself. Plus saying someone has a problem is different than both those other field study issues. Just like folks can use the term theory in a common usage way.

You don't seem to give 2 shits about what you say, so people don't give a shit about you, while those other even heavy conspiracy, or aggressively agnostic, theist folks across the board can communicate antagonistically or aggressively in topics they make and be repped up still.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 3 users Like ClydeLee's post
08-07-2016, 05:15 PM
(08-07-2016 04:46 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 03:55 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Thanks. Very informative. Thumbsup

I'm pretty confident that no matter who she is, she is outta your league.

Everyone's been out of my league since I was like 12.

#sigh
08-07-2016, 06:27 PM
(08-07-2016 04:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  People aren't attacked here for being theist.

Negative. Rose is an example of someone who was attacked by someone who thought she was a theist. He didn't even give her a chance.

Your position requires an assumption that all atheist on this forum are well behaved. That isn't true. You have some douchebags in your mix. Every sufficiently large group has douchebags in the mix.

At best the only claim you can make would be, "for the most part theist here are treated with respect". Even that is a stretch because you can only point to passive defensive theists that are respected. You have no examples of theists who are aggressively on the offense that are respected.