I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-07-2016, 07:40 PM
RE: I must leave
(08-07-2016 07:18 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 02:57 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  The nature of the rep system gives you a tool to help drive away people with controversial positions and the place turns into a circle jerk.

To a certain extent, I agree with you here.

I have yet to get any reps nor have I given any. I think the negative rep in the system is flawed in such a way that were I to make my first rep a negative, say Heywood Jahblome, I am quite sure that if Heywood Jahblome were in a position to deliver reps, I would receive a corresponding negative and right from the get go, I would be unable to rep anyone else. eBay had enough issues with the same system and modified it, though, as a seller, not to my liking, but it was improved somewhat.

I do not know how may neg reps you received as retaliation in contrast to responses as in this thread, but if this thread is any example of your postings, maybe you should step back and reexamine your priorities and what this forum is about or should be.

Like anything else, it take two to tango.

I've been here three years and hardly give reps to anyone, good OR bad. The first year I didn't give reps because I didn't know such a thing existed.....kinda like god.

But mostly I don't give reps because it takes too much effort and I'm super lazy. I mean, you gotta click on the person's name and do a bunch of clicking and arrow pointing and I'm just too lazy for such things. Basically I'm a lazy ass.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-07-2016, 07:42 PM
(08-07-2016 03:07 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  When Chas neg repped Rose, Rose wasn't being a dick at all. He thought she was trying to challenge his world view. So he neg repped her. Who was the dick there? Rose or Chas?

Wrong. You are so often wrong it's pretty much expected.

Her presentation was very much like what we have seen countless times from dishonest dickheads, theist or otherwise. And others agreed that her OP could be seen that way.
When more of her posts revealed that that view was incorrect, I removed the neg rep.
Let it go, BlowJob.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
08-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Heywood, what is it you would like done to make this right in your eyes?
Change the way the whole site works because you don't like it?
08-07-2016, 07:45 PM
(08-07-2016 07:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wrong. You are so often wrong it's pretty much expected.

Her presentation was very much like what we have seen countless times from dishonest dickheads, theist or otherwise. And others agreed that her OP could be seen that way.
When more of her posts revealed that that view was incorrect, I removed the neg rep.
Let it go, BlowJob.

You moved her rep up after someone PM'd you to inform you of your stupidity.

Don't change the story now.
08-07-2016, 07:46 PM
(08-07-2016 07:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Heywood, what is it you would like done to make this right in your eyes?

I don't think he even cares. He just simply wants to argue and finds enough people here to do it with.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
08-07-2016, 07:51 PM
(08-07-2016 07:44 PM)pablo Wrote:  Heywood, what is it you would like done to make this right in your eyes?

This site isn't here to cater to my needs. I don't want or expect anything.

This is more of a philosophical discussion for me. We are debating if a discriminatory rep system means this site is free speech for some and restricted speech for others. I take the position that since neg repped users do not have a voice in the aggregated rep rating of a user, their speech is restricted.
08-07-2016, 07:54 PM
(08-07-2016 07:46 PM)Dom Wrote:  

I don't think he even cares. He just simply wants to argue and finds enough people here to do it with.

There is a lot of truth to this. I think argumentation is good. When you have to think and defend your position you grow.

I think a lot of good issues have been raised. For instance do aggressive theists get treated differently here than passive theists and is there justification for that differential treatment?
08-07-2016, 07:54 PM
(08-07-2016 07:45 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 07:42 PM)Chas Wrote:  Wrong. You are so often wrong it's pretty much expected.

Let it go, BlowJob.

You moved her rep up after someone PM'd you to inform you of your stupidity.

Don't change the story now.

He already admitted he was wrong and he did remove it so what else do you want from him? Self-flagellation? Do you want him to film him so you can watch?

I've actually noticed many posters here will admit when they are wrong and will gladly accept feedback or correction. It does take a big person to do that but it's not enough for you? Rolleyes

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 2 users Like SitaSky's post
08-07-2016, 07:55 PM
(08-07-2016 07:51 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  

This site isn't here to cater to my needs. I don't want or expect anything.

This is more of a philosophical discussion for me. We are debating if a discriminatory rep system means this site is free speech for some and restricted speech for others. I take the position that since neg repped users do not have a voice in the aggregated rep rating of a user, their speech is restricted.

So you just want everyone here to say you're right even though that isn't the case.
What a colossal waste of time.
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
08-07-2016, 07:56 PM
(08-07-2016 07:54 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  He already admitted he was wrong and he did remove it so what else do you want from him? Self-flagellation? Do you want him to film him so you can watch?

I've actually noticed many posters here will admit when they are wrong and will gladly accept feedback or correction. It does take a big person to do that but it's not enough for you? Rolleyes

I'm glad he corrected himself. But his correcting himself shouldn't preclude me from using his poor behavior as an example of the poor behavior I am talking about.