I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-07-2016, 07:35 AM
RE: I must leave
I dunno if it's one for the record books -- but I've never seen a guy pick up 4 negative points in one thread -- that he derailed.....

heh

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-07-2016, 12:39 PM
(09-07-2016 11:52 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(09-07-2016 03:09 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  What makes you think you could possibly offend me? I don't value anything you say enough to take offense.

What makes me think I could possibly offend you? You're like a scrotum. Wrinkly and Hairy on the outside, but sensitive on the inside.

I haven't had testicles in over a decade. You take exogenous testosterone and they figure "Job done." and kind of just shrivel up. You could kick me in the groin and I would just laugh. I consider it a valuable defense mechanism.

#sigh
10-07-2016, 01:03 PM
(10-07-2016 02:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 02:07 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And now we can all ignore you.

I would actually very much like it if those of you, like you, who harbor contemptuous feelings toward me would just put me on ignore and simply not respond to me. You example of what I am talking about. You are a waste product that I have to take the time to filter out.

Ok everyone! He said himself, it's ok to ignore him now! We're free!

[Image: 2fb8a292a59ec923f95350dd420547d1.jpg]

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 3 users Like SitaSky's post
10-07-2016, 07:42 PM
(08-07-2016 01:31 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(08-07-2016 09:36 AM)morondog Wrote:  To answer your question, what we have right now is a remarkably effective asshole identification system. As several people have pointed out, theists who aren't dickheads very quickly accumulate positive rep. Conversely dickheads who aren't theists likewise accumulate negative rep. As it stands right now, a large negative rep is a fairly solid indication of a large asshole attached to it. There's no reason to monkey with the system when it works so well.

The theists here who have positive rep don't attack atheism or positions atheist are likely to hold agressively.

If Kingschosen or Aliza started a thread suggesting atheism will lead to more mass shootings and argued that position aggressively, they would quickly accumulate negative rep. Now I am not disparaging Kingschosen or Aliza here, there is nothing wrong with being passive.

Benign and agreeable theists are welcome here. Controversial ones who argue their positions aggressively are automatically labeled trolls

1) I'm not passive, I'm just not an evangelizer. Evangelizing is against my religion and I look down on this practice. It's abhorrent.
2) If you post up a bunch of NT bullshit that you claim is from my book, I'm going to get up in your face very quickly. Generally polite? Sure. Passive? Read my posts.
3) Why in the world would you think that I would come to a forum, stick around for almost a year and socialize with people that I have fundamental disagreements with? Since coming to this forum, I've learned that I have more in common (morally, ethically and even culturally) with the atheists than I do with the Christians. A lot more. -Not that I ever thought I had anything in common with the Christians in the first place.
[+] 14 users Like Aliza's post
11-07-2016, 12:17 AM
(10-07-2016 07:35 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I dunno if it's one for the record books -- but I've never seen a guy pick up 4 negative points in one thread -- that he derailed.....

heh

I picked a positive rep too! Whoohoo!
11-07-2016, 04:34 AM
(10-07-2016 02:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I would actually very much like it if those of you, like you, who harbor contemptuous feelings toward me would just put me on ignore and simply not respond to me. You example of what I am talking about. You are a waste product that I have to take the time to filter out.

LOL... I obviously struck a raw nerve. Thumbsup

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
12-07-2016, 12:48 AM (This post was last modified: 12-07-2016 12:53 AM by Heywood Jahblome.)
(10-07-2016 07:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  1) I'm not passive, I'm just not an evangelizer. Evangelizing is against my religion and I look down on this practice. It's abhorrent.

I'm not an evangelizer. Asking atheists to consider hard questions like will the rise of atheism lead to increase in mass shootings is not evangelizing. It is asking them to consider the possibility that growth in atheism can have negative consequences. It is a fair question. Suggesting Richard Dawkins got something wrong is not evangelizing. A thinking atheist should question everything....including Richard Dawkins. Yet there was a lot of butthurt because I dared to criticize him.

You may not consider yourself passive, but you are passive relative to me. You are passive relative to me because you will defend your views, but you don't go out and challenge others to defend their views. I'm not saying you should be doing what I am doing. I am merely pointing out that you and I take a very different approach to this forum. People who challenge ingrained beliefs are not trolls, but sometimes they are labeled as such. It is easier to demonize someone else, than engage in self reflection.
12-07-2016, 01:30 AM
(12-07-2016 12:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 07:42 PM)Aliza Wrote:  1) I'm not passive, I'm just not an evangelizer. Evangelizing is against my religion and I look down on this practice. It's abhorrent.

I'm not an evangelizer. Asking atheists to consider hard questions like will the rise of atheism lead to increase in mass shootings is not evangelizing. It is asking them to consider the possibility that growth in atheism can have negative consequences. It is a fair question. Suggesting Richard Dawkins got something wrong is not evangelizing. A thinking atheist should question everything....including Richard Dawkins. Yet there was a lot of butthurt because I dared to criticize him.

You may not consider yourself passive, but you are passive relative to me. You are passive relative to me because you will defend your views, but you don't go out and challenge others to defend their views. I'm not saying you should be doing what I am doing. I am merely pointing out that you and I take a very different approach to this forum. People who challenge ingrained beliefs are not trolls, but sometimes they are labeled as such. It is easier to demonize someone else, than engage in self reflection.

If this kind of post was the standard that you posted then you'd only have positive rep and you wouldn't be regarded as possibly the forum's biggest arse. It's not just what you say, it's the way you say it. You're trying to pretend that it's just about the content.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
12-07-2016, 01:45 AM
(10-07-2016 02:45 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(10-07-2016 02:07 AM)SYZ Wrote:  And now we can all ignore you.

I would actually very much like it if those of you, like you, who harbor contemptuous feelings toward me would just put me on ignore and simply not respond to me. You example of what I am talking about. You are a waste product that I have to take the time to filter out.

I'm sure you'd find such a solution more comfortable ... but we ain't here to rub your back, kiddo. I don't know anyone who ignores a cockroach in the kitchen.
12-07-2016, 01:47 AM
2) If you post up a bunch of NT bullshit that you claim is from my book, I'm going to get up in your face very quickly. Generally polite? Sure. Passive? Read my posts.
3) Why in the world would you think that I would come to a forum, stick around for almost a year and socialize with people that I have fundamental disagreements with? Since coming to this forum, I've learned that I have more in common (morally, ethically and even culturally) with the atheists than I do with the Christians. A lot more. -Not that I ever thought I had anything in common with the Christians in the first place.

That's pretty hot.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post