I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-07-2016, 04:23 AM
RE: I must leave
(13-07-2016 04:04 AM)adey67 Wrote:  Ok, I understand that but my point is that that just escalates things, there are ways of ensuring you are not a doormat without escalating the exchange to total war although to be fair I'm afraid I rather suspect that your situation is a bit too far gone for that unfortunately. Sad

I can respect your view provided you remember I didn't make this bed all by myself.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-07-2016, 06:10 AM
[Image: sofa_beds_PH126479.jpg]

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
13-07-2016, 08:02 AM
(13-07-2016 02:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(12-07-2016 06:12 PM)Aliza Wrote:  So you think it’s your job to challenge atheists in the way they think? You think it’s your responsibility to come here, uninvited (permitted, but uninvited) to their territory and offer your services by challenging the way they think? … and you think you’re not an evangelizer? You are the definition of an evangelizer. Furthermore, just because I’m a theist doesn’t mean that I think I know everything or that it’s somehow my G-d given responsibility to sway people away from a perfectly valid, safe, productive and sane lifestyle. Like I’m supposed to be G-d’s gift to the atheist community? Please, that’s so arrogant.

I’m passive relative to you because I trust people to be intelligent and to make informed decisions about their lives. You don’t get to tell the atheists what they’re supposed to question. That’s not in your jurisdiction. They get to decide that all by themselves, and they’re not asking for your help. They also don’t need to satisfy your definition of critical thinking in any way, shape, or form. Nothing is wrong with how the atheists are living their lives. They’re informed, consenting adults. Your “intervention” does not appear to have swayed a single one of them and no one seems to recognize your authority as a distributor of logic bombs.

Richard Dawkins is at the top of his field, so if you’re going against his ideas, then I hope you’re bringing some reasonably impressive credentials to the table. I’ll assume you have at least a bachelor’s degree in biology, or chemistry (etc) from an accredited university (I would hope). Can you direct me to some of these posts?

I was invited here. This forum "invites" controversial opinions.....or so it says because in practice, if you disrupt the circle jerk with a controversial position you get demonized.

I think they more or less allow it rather than invite it.

(13-07-2016 02:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anyways, here is the link to the thread about me being critical of Dawkins; Early on in that thread I am getting neg reps for presenting a controversial....unwelcomed position(even though controversial positions are supposed to be welcomed here)

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...ht=Dawkins

To be honest with you I did see a few places where you could have handled the situation a little more delicately. I also found that the respondents to your OP could have been a little more delicate, too.

I can't view the video because over the course of the last three years, the BBC saw fit to call copyright infringement. But you did start out your post by accusing Dawkins of being wrong and you did not provide a very strong reason for your accusation. If you're challenging one of the top people in a field, you really should provide your credentials. At least for me, the default assumption when I'm talking to a Christian about evolution is that they're inadequately educated and are simply not equipped to comprehend someone like Dawkins in the first place. Maybe that doesn't describe you at all, but that is my knee-jerk reaction.

A little Jewish wisdom* for you: If you're going to argue something, demonstrate that you understand the counterargument by clearly expressing it. Let the other person know that you've got a firm grasp on the material, and that even with your understanding, you still find flaws.

*Because someone's going to be thinking it, I'm saying that it is Jewish cultural value, not that it is exclusively Jewish.
[+] 3 users Like Aliza's post
13-07-2016, 09:13 AM
(13-07-2016 02:28 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I was invited here.
Just cause the front door ain't locked don't mean your invited in shit head.
(12-07-2016 12:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  if you disrupt the circle jerk with a controversial position you get demonized.
Controversial? Haha no, you can look at the many vocal disagreements in this forum by atheists ranging from gun control, the historicity of Christ, and a half a dozen other topics. Aliza, JD, and KC all are theists all have controversial opinions about god (for an atheist forum) and none of them have been "demonized".
You have your negative rep and people treat you poorly because your a stupid belligerent cunt. Your opinions, despite being incredibly fucking idiotic and uninformed, are down reped not because of that but because you express yourself and carry on in a trollish manner.
You are not demonized because of your opinion, your demonized because your a shitty human being.

(12-07-2016 12:48 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Anyways, here is the link to the thread about me being critical of Dawkins; Early on in that thread I am getting neg reps for presenting a controversial....unwelcomed position.
No you were down repped for pretending you know more about evolution ( a subject you repeatedly demonstrate you barely understand) than one of the worlds preeminent Evolutionary Biologists, for utterly failing to understand what you are talking about, being dishonest, and already crying about your rep by the end of the first page.

You were not neg reped because your position is contriversial but because it was fucking stupid.

When valour preys on reason, it eats the sword it fights with.
[+] 6 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
13-07-2016, 09:23 AM
(13-07-2016 03:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Its not schizophrenic. I'm nice and respectful to people who are nice and respectful to me. If you piss in my cornflakes, I'll piss in yours.
Bullshit, I was perfectly cordial to you during our first few conversations, even giving you the benefit of the doubt several times after you had left and come back. People are not nice to you because you act like a dishonest cunt, and not the other way around.
This is further bullshit given the fact you have admitted to being here just to cause trouble, be as disruptive as you can and spreed a personal agenda. You are a fucking troll, not a nice and respectful person.

(13-07-2016 03:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  That being said, if someone espouses a moronic position, I'm not going to ignore it. I'm going to say its a moronic position....this of course gets some people panties all bound up.
Yes and the person who gets his little bitch panties in a bunch the most is you. Like, for example, when you tried to pretend you had a better understanding of biology than a preeminent biologist and when that utterly moronic position was shown to be moronic you got all pissy about it and cried. For over 3 fucking years!
The problem, heywood, with you pointing out moronic positions is that you are too fucking stupid to recognize that the vast majority of moronic positions in threads you are in ...are YOURS.

[+] 2 users Like WhiskeyDebates's post
13-07-2016, 09:29 AM
(13-07-2016 03:35 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I would if you clowns would shut the fuck up about how horribly I treat you.
Noooope. As we can see by looking at your rep and that thread you so helpfully linked we can see that you have been crying about your treatment since your first rep. Just a cry baby troll, that does not want to accept responsibility for his own actions here.

You don't get to act like a cunt, get treated like a cunt, then pretend that you being a cunt has nothing to do with being treated that way and cry about it.

Find your fucking balls boy, fuck.

13-07-2016, 09:35 AM
(13-07-2016 03:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If the group I am speaking too behaves like a bunch of dicks, I can be a dick too.
BZZzzzT! Wrong! You got that in reverse shithead, people are dicks to you because you are a dick. it's not the other way around.

(13-07-2016 03:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  If the group I am speaking too is respectful, I can be respectful too.
Really because the reason I'm no longer tolerant of you is because while I was clam and respectful you were being dishonest, evasive, lying, and acting like a fucking petulant child.

(13-07-2016 03:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  Don't be a dick to me, and I won't be a dick to you.
Again this is just demonstrably false and goes at odds with your earlier claims to be here for no other reason than to be disruptive and push your agenda. You keep typing things as if no one here has a memory of the way you act, and that's just...not even remotely true.
What is worse we have been over your tendency to try and act like your past actions don't exist and that your reputation is not the way it is for good cause.

(13-07-2016 03:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  But if you espouse a position that is moronic, I won't hesitate to point out that the position is moronic regardless of whether or not your being a dick.
Problem for you is that you continually demonstrate on...just about every subject you talk about, that you are completely unqualified to mack these kind of determinations.

(13-07-2016 03:53 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  All of us espouse stupid positions from time to time.
Or in your case, exclusively.

[+] 1 user Likes WhiskeyDebates's post
13-07-2016, 09:39 AM
(13-07-2016 04:23 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I can respect your view provided you remember I didn't make this bed all by myself.

That's only true in the sense that I don't believe you can make a bed without help.Drinking Beverage

13-07-2016, 09:42 AM
(13-07-2016 03:05 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm nice and respectful to people who are nice and respectful to me. If you piss in my cornflakes, I'll piss in yours.

So you call yourself a Christian but you don't feel the need to act like one. So yes, you are a typical Christian.

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
13-07-2016, 09:58 AM
[Image: spaghetti%20chilli%20prawn_zpsfr5yjvkz.jpg]

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post