I must leave

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
15-07-2016, 05:24 PM
RE: I must leave
(15-07-2016 05:15 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't claim that I always beat you. You guys seem to think you always beat theists.

If you enter into debate with the idea of "winner" and "loser" you do not understand the fundamental purpose of debate.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-07-2016, 05:59 PM
(15-07-2016 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah, now I got it. You aren't really interested in developing your debating skills by challenging those more expert than you and losing and learning. You are more interested in developing your bullying skills by clubbing baby seals. ... This is why you are an asshole.

Girly you sound like someone sitting around all day trying to find reasons to validate why you think so and so is an asshole. Kinda sad really.

I'm an asshole because I am an asshole. Your a whole ass because you're a whole ass. Time to move on to something productive.
15-07-2016, 06:03 PM
(15-07-2016 05:59 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 05:03 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  Ah, now I got it. You aren't really interested in developing your debating skills by challenging those more expert than you and losing and learning. You are more interested in developing your bullying skills by clubbing baby seals. ... This is why you are an asshole.

Girly you sound like someone sitting around all day trying to find reasons to validate why you think so and so is an asshole. Kinda sad really.

Nah.... I can usually sniff them out after a post or three. They're assholes for fuck's sake, how could I not smell them? No reasoning required.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
16-07-2016, 01:58 AM (This post was last modified: 16-07-2016 02:05 AM by Thumpalumpacus.)
(15-07-2016 04:55 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 04:42 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  You do realize there are forums dedicated specifically to that with far more experts then we have here. Did they ban you? Is that why you're here?

You guys are easier to beat.

Aiming low is no way to better yourself. If you think that little of this forum, you'd be better-served by honing your edge on a harder stone.

Somehow I'm sensing rationalization and not justification, here.

(15-07-2016 05:12 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I suppose if you define "piece of junk" as being critical of the forum, then you are making an accurate statement.

I think it's a piece of junk because an attention-whore decided to draw his line in the sand here.

I'm only here for the popcorn.

(15-07-2016 05:24 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 05:15 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I don't claim that I always beat you. You guys seem to think you always beat theists.

If you enter into debate with the idea of "winner" and "loser" you do not understand the fundamental purpose of debate.

Wisdom in a nutshell, right here.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
16-07-2016, 02:24 AM
46 pages of shit.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 3 users Like Banjo's post
16-07-2016, 04:50 AM
(16-07-2016 02:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  46 pages of shit.

No one forced you to read it. You have nothing to whine about.
16-07-2016, 05:20 AM
(16-07-2016 04:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(16-07-2016 02:24 AM)Banjo Wrote:  46 pages of shit.

No one forced you to read this shit. You have nothing to whine about.

Fixed.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
16-07-2016, 09:01 AM
(16-07-2016 04:50 AM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  No one forced me to come here. I have nothing to whine about.

It's what you should have written, after all.
16-07-2016, 09:29 AM
(15-07-2016 04:40 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(15-07-2016 07:44 AM)jabeady Wrote:  Oh. Talk about thread drift!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The thread should have been split instead of being moved to the Viper's pit. I think it was moved here because moms wanted to bury a discussion that is critical of the forum. There really wasn't a whole lot of insults being tossed around until it got moved here.

I moved the thread long after it lost its purpose in the secton it was originally posted.

It was already too large to be fussed with splitting (splitting a thread is actually a tedious chore). The Vipers Pit is a legit forum section; not a place with limited access. Going further, it has no effect on people posting -- insults are levied because you invite being insulted.

This section exists solely to keep other areas of the forum tidy.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

16-07-2016, 01:26 PM
(04-07-2016 11:16 PM)TechnoMonkey Wrote:  
(04-07-2016 11:10 PM)Foxen Wrote:  That is not free speech.

Obviously you have no real concept of freedom. If a single word is banned, then a second word, where will it stop? What happens to freedom then?

Sticks and stones will break my bones, but words can never harm me.

Get a life.

That may well be true.

However, forums have a way of becoming something other than just a place to have a "discussion". They become important parts of people's lives, giving them an outlet which can, for some, be a psychological necessity.

Here we have a forum for people who have been damage, irritated, whatever, by their religious upbringing and the dogma that surrounds us all. So, they/we come here to get respite and support from people who we think are going to be open, supportive and intelligent.

What we get here, however, is a lot of abuse and commentary which is as damaging and narrow minded as the religious indoctrination we are trying to get to grips with.

We have one poster, for instance, who claims to be a Harvard Ph.D. candidate who persistently uses abusive language and is totally closed to any discussion which doesn't jive with his own narrow world view, which is no more "correct" than the particular religious/cultural ideology he attacks in his threads.

Then we have another poster who appears only to post short, "terse" remarks without adding anything of any note to the discussion.

Maybe these sorts of people need to do this for their own sense of self worth but because we are all here for a reason, and we clash, there needs to be moderation and it needs to follow certain rules which reflect the purpose and spirit of this forum which should, in my opinion, be one of openness to ideas, supportive and constructive.

Otherwise, you end up with a forum which is nothing more than a place to rant incoherently and attack people whose views don't coincide with those of a particlarly vociferous group. After all, established religion is about preachers shouting from pulpits and using various methods of brow beating people into accepting their dogma. That shouldn't be the way things work here.
[+] 2 users Like Deltabravo's post